New member intro (1 Viewer)

Rivered_AGAIN

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. New member here so figured I’d introduce myself. Not sure what to expect in here or how exactly this all works but here we go.

In the process of building a poker room in the basement and as the year long project enters the home stretch I figured I’d start looking for chips to accentuate the room. Not exactly sure the route I want to take but I recently purchased a few sample sets of the ceramics to get the ball rolling. The jury is still out but after watching countless videos of chip selection on YouTube, I do tend to like the Paulsons. Now all I need to do is find a set I like. Think I’ll find them in here? Lol

Hi and welcome ?
Few important questions you've to ask yourself when searching for a set :
- Tournament or cash set ?
- If tournament, do I need the possibility to issue re-buy (or re-entry) or I'm good with freezeout tournaments ?
- If cash, what are the stakes I want to cover ?
- How many players I want to cover ?

Pardon my ignorance but I am relatively new to the “chip” game and lingo. Guess my first question would be Is what on earth does the term “murdering” or “murdering a chip” mean?

Welcome @Rivered_AGAIN !! Of course you are off to a good start with ordering samples. I remember a couple years ago researching chips and saying... well $.16 a chip isn't bad, I can probably afford a decent set of that. Then you get those and go well they are good enough but what is in the next bracket up??

I personally think for the money that the 43mm Royals chips that Apachepokerchips.com sells are the best chips for the lower end market. They are China clay but really have an amazing feel and weight, inviting bright colors. But if you think you already have the Paulson itch then I would go straight to that step. For the most part paulson retain their value where ceramics, slugged plastics and China Clay's loose some of their value.

Occasionally yes full playable Paulson sets do come up for sale, it is all about right place at the right time here. For your sake I hope that one set will feed the appetite. Many of us are not that lucky once the chips start coming in the mail

A lot of people I think go for a cheaper Tourney set and a nice set of Paulsons for the cash set. Also know that there are multiple different options even within the general statement of "paulson chips" with a bit of time here you will pick up on the lingo and come to understand RHC, THC, IHC and so forth. Also absolutely it is advised to seek help from Veterans but also that we all have different taste in chips, I am not a huge fan of "well it's good enough and it is available now!" Wait and find the perfect chips for YOU!

Remeber we all love pictures or "Pron" as they call it here, so share your chipping journey as your collection grows! If you ever need help with anything feel free to reach out via PM.

Remeber you only get to buy your first chips once, they will likely always have special significance so try to make them special to you! Rather that is customs or just a set that really shouts out awesome to you!

Best of Luck! Fellow Chipper Ben

Hi and welcome ?
Few important questions you've to ask yourself when searching for a set :
- Tournament or cash set ?
- If tournament, do I need the possibility to issue re-buy (or re-entry) or I'm good with freezeout tournaments ?
- If cash, what are the stakes I want to cover ?
- How many players I want to cover ?
Ty..

Re your ?’s..

Although I haven’t completely mapped or planned out how I will ultimately run the card room but tournaments will be limited to a single table for the time being but as I progress In the remodeling of my entire basement we may add an additional two tables.

Tournament and cash will apply. Rebuys will be considered. Cash games stakes will be on the lower end scale ($100 maximum chip purchase).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom