New Member from Washington (1 Viewer)

Thor99

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi from Washington. I'm new to the poker chip hobby, trying to gather as much information as I can.

I bought my first set of chips in the very early 2000s. A custom hot stamped set of dice edged plastic chips with metal slug for weight. They cost what seemed like a small fortune in my early 20s, only to seem quite unremarkable now that you can get equivalent chips off amazon for $0.01 per chip.

Looking to add a bit of class to my home games by investing in a couple sets of higher quality chips. This time, I'm trying to do my research and invest in something that I can be happy with in the long term.

Glad to find this fun community of people.

Welcome @Thor99 I think we all have somewhat similar stories. My group though I was amazing back in 2000 because I bought chips "with actual #s on them!"
20210329_223359.jpg

People would even call me up and say they were getting a game together... and then ask me to bring the "real" chips! Lol

I had no idea what I was getting into when I joined here. Looking at a giant forum of people that have been collecting chips for years. What the hell could I ever contribute to that?? Now 3 short years later I can barely remember life before chipping. This hobby is different to everyone, some just want a set or two to serve their needs. Some collect singles and samples to display as art work in their card rooms. But some really catch "the chipping bug" and this literally becomes a life style! I typically spend 4 - 5 hours every single day cleaning chips, for over two years now... that obviously is on the extreme/unhealthy side of things. Lol

But yes an absolutely amazing group of extremely knowledgeable chip collectors here, but also most host their own games that can help with any questions you may have along the way!

Enjoy your chipping journey sir!

Fellow Chipper Ben

... I typically spend 4 - 5 hours every single day cleaning chips, for over two years now...
Wowza! That's next level man. I can see how it could become addicting though.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and advice, found the New Members Start Here thread particularly useful. Thanks @Machine

I'm Oregon, also new here, and also just starting the journey of casual chipping, welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom