New Member from UK (1 Viewer)

lebesgue

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am a new member from the UK. I have been playing/studying poker for a while now. Only recently I have learnt about different types od chips and I am loooking forward to start collecting. If you have any advice regarding UK specific information (shipping, vendors, VAT) please let me know!

Hi

Most chips sales are U.S based. If you are buying from there, you may as well get a plan and buy in bulk cos shipping can be expensive.

You can also find some good chips from EU, which isn’t too bad shipping wise, but sales are fewer and far between.

If like many others, you will end up upgrading your chips several times and it could become like a hobby.

It might sound expensive but you will prob end up buying Paulsons at some point, so it could be more cost affective to skip what some might consider lesser chip manufacturers and go straight for some form of Paulson set up; even if you end up changing them for more European style high end plastics.

The cheapest Paulsons are RHC mould, they are compression moulded chips and reasonably cheap. THC mould is usually what some might consider another step up and costs a bit more.

I’d plan out what kinds of blinds you are playing, and with how many players. Then start buying racks until you get a playable set.

Whatever price you have in your head about spending, you will prob end up doubling or tripling.

Hello and welcome!

With so many recent new members from the UK, perhaps an interpreting individual or 3 could put together a sample care package that could be shipped around within the country.

Always good to welcome new UK members! Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Could use this thread (or start another) to put up whatever racks we all have available for sale.

Can save lots through shipping alone when buying nationally.

I have some bits and pieces that would be quite useful for someone starting off. Was considering selling a rack of majestic star 1’s for example. (Paulson RHC $1)

Always good to welcome new UK members! Whereabouts in the UK are you?
In London!

Could use this thread (or start another) to put up whatever racks we all have available for sale.

Can save lots through shipping alone when buying nationally.

I have some bits and pieces that would be quite useful for someone starting off. Was considering selling a rack of majestic star 1’s for example. (Paulson RHC $1)
That would be an amazing idea! I am definitely looking to buy some racks and sample sets (currently thinking about DDLM and some CC but not sure which)

In London!

That would be an amazing idea! I am definitely looking to buy some racks and sample sets (currently thinking about DDLM and some CC but not sure which)
Ahhhh, awesome, I have family in Dulwich — and we have a fair few London-based chippers here!

Hi

Most chips sales are U.S based. If you are buying from there, you may as well get a plan and buy in bulk cos shipping can be expensive.

You can also find some good chips from EU, which isn’t too bad shipping wise, but sales are fewer and far between.

If like many others, you will end up upgrading your chips several times and it could become like a hobby.

It might sound expensive but you will prob end up buying Paulsons at some point, so it could be more cost affective to skip what some might consider lesser chip manufacturers and go straight for some form of Paulson set up; even if you end up changing them for more European style high end plastics.

The cheapest Paulsons are RHC mould, they are compression moulded chips and reasonably cheap. THC mould is usually what some might consider another step up and costs a bit more.

I’d plan out what kinds of blinds you are playing, and with how many players. Then start buying racks until you get a playable set.

Whatever price you have in your head about spending, you will prob end up doubling or tripling.
I usually play quite low stakes 5NL-25NL with family. So I was thinking of getting normal chips and saying they are cents, for example $25 means $0.25. What do you think of that as opposed to customising chips?

My personal views are that at your stage, customising chips will cost you the majority of your opening outlay.

In order to customise you will have to mail them out to get them milled and then get ur custom inlays attached. Most of the services doing this are based in the states and have long waiting lists. It will cost you in shipping and is slow.

For a 10p/25p small game, I would just aim towards getting a rack of 1’s and some 5’s, then get some none denominated chips to use as your 5c and 25c. These could be blank or milled Paulsons, paulson roulette chips, or even paulson hot stamps where the hot stamp had worn off, there are a few options. I also bought a few barrels of 2’s/3’s as I knew my players would prefer more chips, but they arnt neccessary.

Just my opinions, and this is only a starting point. Others may suggest other directions.

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend as well. As depending on how much you are able to put down will affect the direction you go in.

Has anyone in here got any of them cheapish acrylic racks gathering dust? I could use a few, Just let me know what price and PM.

Thank you

Anyone in here have a single barrel or Sahara dunes 1 they are willing to sell? Tyres will do. PM me if so :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom