New member from the UK checking in (1 Viewer)

Tinkerbell

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello fellow members. My name is tinkerbell or tinks for short. This is because of my big man fairy wings. Can you not see them?

I have a paulson cdi set which I love with some random top hat and cane 5k chips. I would love to be able to add to this set the missing 50c $1 and $5 and maybe lose some of the 500s and 5ks. I would also consider adding more 100s and 1000s.

I understand this will probably take a very long time and obviously I will need to build up my relationship with you guys first.

Hopefully over the next few years I can also own a nice paulson hot stamp collection to

Anyways i will send some pics of what I have and be seeing you on the forums with any luck.

Attachments

• 16670803431311229178299626853354.jpg
    16670803431311229178299626853354.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 76
  • 16670818829313229341897007436778.jpg
    16670818829313229341897007436778.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 16670819705181652493844308051348.jpg
    16670819705181652493844308051348.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 65
On behalf of the UK members on PCF, welcome to the forum and good luck with the search! :)

Welcome from Cambridgeshire! You have a bright future of looking at US chip sales and weeping at the shipping/import costs ahead of youTell me about it:(

Welcome from Cambridgeshire! You have a bright future of looking at US chip sales and weeping at the shipping/import costs ahead of you.
Yeah not looking forward to that

Actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be- approx $30-$40 for each package I’ve had delivered so far, been lucky to not pay a penny in duties and average shipping time of just over a week.

So only the rubbish £ causing issues at the moment

Actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be- approx $30-$40 for each package I’ve had delivered so far, been lucky to not pay a penny in duties and average shipping time of just over a week.

So only the rubbish £ causing issues at the moment
What did you buy?

Started off with a china clay Dunes cash set from Apache- great value chips but shipping to the UK was over $120 increasing the total cost by 50%. Still good value overall IMO considering how hard it is to get decent chips here.

Since then I’ve bought a couple of Paulson tourney sets and been buying bits and pieces towards eventually having a custom relabelled THC cash set. All off the classifieds here, really friendly and helpful sellers and very reasonable shipping rates in line with the numbers I mentioned above.

Will also grab a Cards mold set in the next GB if we can figure out a sensible way of getting them into the UK without having to ship them to the US then reship here.

TLDR; stick to the classifieds on here- lots of great stuff at decent prices with fast shipping

Welcome sir.

We should really get a thread going for us in the UK who are looking to buy/shift racks.

I’m sure there will be plenty of spares knocking about between the lot of us.

And also I've seen rumours of home games to show off chip collections and play some cards. That needs someone senior in the UK to organise...

And also I've seen rumours of home games to show off chip collections and play some cards. That needs someone senior in the UK to organise...
@BonScot you're the oldest. Right? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Also, don’t you have a meet up planned?

For those within a reasonable distance of AL6. I have a pretty regular 25p/50p home game and welcome new players.

Welcome! Where in the UK are you?

For those within a reasonable distance of AL6. I have a pretty regular 25p/50p home game and welcome new players.
Just the 3.5 hours away haha. Need to build a map of where everybody is and book a massive air BnB house for people to bring their sets and have a weekend of games. Obviously not volunteering to arrange it

49 which is considered old in Glasgow :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve tried organising 2 meet ups. One in Glasgow and one in Manchester. Both cancelled due to lack or interest.

Would do another one but would need a minimum of 10 people to pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 to book an air BnB. The deposit separates the genuine from the bullshitters.

49 which is considered old in Glasgow :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve tried organising 2 meet ups. One in Glasgow and one in Manchester. Both cancelled due to lack or interest.

Would do another one but would need a minimum of 10 people to pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 to book an air BnB. The deposit separates the genuine from the bullshitters.
Is that a one or two night thing for £100? What stakes would we play? How long ago did you try organise the Manchester event? I'm guessing there will be new members since then that are close like myself and @Gubbins

Is that a one or two night thing for £100? What stakes would we play? How long ago did you try organise the Manchester event? I'm guessing there will be new members since then that are close like myself and @Gubbins
i think they would vote. i'm guessing between 0.25/0.50 - 1/2

We planned to do a Friday & Saturday. I think over 20 said they would go. I got an Air BnB 20 bed venue sorted. The cost was around £2000. Asked for £100 towards the deposit. Only 3 paid. Rest dropped like flies. I cancelled the booking and refunded deposits. Had I went ahead and booked it I’d have paid £1000 deposit and lost it so no way I’m arranging anything again unless people pay a deposit.

i think they would vote. i'm guessing between 0.25/0.50 - 1/2
We were planning on running 3 cash tables on the Friday at various stakes and different games. 25p / 50p was the lowest. Saturday was a £50 + £10 bounty tournament. Cash games for those knocked out of the tourney.

Sounds good to me. I'll sign up. Do we have a list of UK chippers who have joined since? Might be able to get another 1 or 2 non chippers interested if that helps. Like you say deposits first makes sense

We planned to do a Friday & Saturday. I think over 20 said they would go. I got an Air BnB 20 bed venue sorted. The cost was around £2000. Asked for £100 towards the deposit. Only 3 paid. Rest dropped like flies. I cancelled the booking and refunded deposits. Had I went ahead and booked it I’d have paid £1000 deposit and lost it so no way I’m arranging anything again unless people pay a deposit.
that's a shame. as i've said before i play microstakes because i'm still super young. if there is ever a game in london, i'd probably be happy to turn up and deal

Will also grab a Cards mold set in the next GB if we can figure out a sensible way of getting them into the UK without having to ship them to the US then reship here.

I've been wanting some form of UK "single point of contact" for just that, but in true British fashion I've never actually done anything about it lol.

I've been wanting some form of UK "single point of contact" for just that, but in true British fashion I've never actually done anything about it lol.
I messaged @justincarothers to see whether Tina could send the UK / EU orders direct to 1 member here to be redistributed - he looked into it and it wasn't possible for the Oct GB but he hopes we can make it happen for the next one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom