New Member from T.O (1 Viewer)

J93

Pair
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Before I joined I was looking around for poker chips to upgrade from the EPT chips I have been using the past year for my home games. After watching “Christopher M” & his pretty solid collection of chips on YouTube his videos lead me to this beautiful PCF and the amount of different type of chips that I’ve seen people own on this site has been pretty amazing. The chips I really am interested in getting (if they’re even attainable) are the Aurora Star Hot Stamps (Tourney Set) or Jack Detroit primary/secondary (Tourney Set).

Besides that I hope everyone is keeping safe during these tough times :)

Hello everyone,

Before I joined I was looking around for poker chips to upgrade from the EPT chips I have been using the past year for my home games. After watching “Christopher M” & his pretty solid collection of chips on YouTube his videos lead me to this beautiful PCF and the amount of different type of chips that I’ve seen people own on this site has been pretty amazing. The chips I really am interested in getting (if they’re even attainable) are the Aurora Star Hot Stamps (Tourney Set) or Jack Detroit primary/secondary (Tourney Set).

Besides that I hope everyone is keeping safe during these tough times :)

Hey there neighbour!
I am pretty new here as well, but I can tell you that I have seen a TON of Jack Detroit and Aurora Star owners here. You are going to love it!

Where in town are you J?

Hey there neighbour!
I am pretty new here as well, but I can tell you that I have seen a TON of Jack Detroit and Aurora Star owners here. You are going to love it!

Where in town are you J?

Hey Davethesave,

Thanks for the welcome and I definitely agree with you, the PCF is pretty insane. I am currently located in Toronto in the East York region, you in Toronto yourself?

Welcome! AS HS are beautiful chips! I would have funds saved up in the event someone lists a set, but it's not too often I see them come up.
Jack's are more often attainable until you reach the higher denoms, any idea what breakdown you are in search of yet?

Welcome to the Forum and great tastes in chips you have. I saw some AS hot stamps once but unfortunately have never played with any. I’ve been fortunate enough to play with some JACK cash chips but never the tourney chips either.
As @FordPickup92 mentioned, neither of those come up for sale often and the JACKS will probably be more easily attainable than the ASs.
But don’t let that get you down, over time anything is possible. Keep your eyes open, watch the classifieds and have some funds set aside. You never know when what your looking for may become available.
Right now in these times, there have been some amazing chips coming up for sale recently.
Best wishes to you.
7EA5B2BC-FA32-4E55-9B16-D5C9FE9BC5D0.jpeg
FEA2B73D-3DBE-4D7C-953A-0A497E7BEDC2.jpeg

Hey Davethesave,

Thanks for the welcome and I definitely agree with you, the PCF is pretty insane. I am currently located in Toronto in the East York region, you in Toronto yourself?

Im on the West side of the city!

Welcome!

Reactions: J93
Welcome! AS HS are beautiful chips! I would have funds saved up in the event someone lists a set, but it's not too often I see them come up.
Jack's are more often attainable until you reach the higher denoms, any idea what breakdown you are in search of yet?

Thank you for the welcome & advice. I’m looking for 600 chip tourney set and for the breakdown of chips (if that is what your asking):

25 - 200
100 - 150
500 - 50
1000 - 150
5000 - 50

As well overtime I’ll just add more to the set I end up getting

Welcome to the Forum and great tastes in chips you have. I saw some AS hot stamps once but unfortunately have never played with any. I’ve been fortunate enough to play with some JACK cash chips but never the tourney chips either.
As @FordPickup92 mentioned, neither of those come up for sale often and the JACKS will probably be more easily attainable than the ASs.
But don’t let that get you down, over time anything is possible. Keep your eyes open, watch the classifieds and have some funds set aside. You never know when what your looking for may become available.
Right now in these times, there have been some amazing chips coming up for sale recently.
Best wishes to you.View attachment 457355View attachment 457356

Thank you for the welcome & as well I definitely will be keeping my eyes out for those chips and continue to look around. Having those funds set aside as well makes a lot of sense with how much they can be going for.

Welcome! With a little time and patience you will be able to find what you’re looking for. I think a lot of the search is about timing (and cash :bigbucks:).

Happy chipping!

Reactions: J93
@J93 , welcome to the forum sir!

Great choices of chips you are seeking. Jack Detroit and AS Tournament stamps are sweet chips man! I've handled a few myself.

I have seen AS Tournament stamps come up infrequently. If you are patient and spend time around here, you can and will score, Im almost certain of it.

Good luck with all your searching. I'll keep an eye out for ya and tag ya. I love these chips too!

Thank you for the welcome & advice. I’m looking for 600 chip tourney set and for the breakdown of chips (if that is what your asking):

25 - 200
100 - 150
500 - 50
1000 - 150
5000 - 50

As well overtime I’ll just add more to the set I end up getting
Looks a little heavy on the low denoms and light on the upper denoms, I would maybe shoot for 150 x 25s and 100 x 500s or 150 x 25s and 200 x 100s to start out. How many players would you be anticipating?

When you have less upper denoms available it results in leaving more lower end chips on the table as the blinds go up, is the motive behind my suggestion

Great choices of chips you are seeking. Jack Detroit and AS Tournament stamps are sweet chips man! I've handled a few myself.

I have seen AS Tournament stamps come up infrequently. If you are patient and spend time around here, you can and will score, Im almost certain of it.

Good luck with all your searching. I'll keep an eye out for ya and tag ya. I love these chips too!
Handled a few my ass Nav!!

@J93 if I may ask what is your tourney break down brotha man? These numbers got me scratching my head like my lovely significant other @FordPickup92... if you don't mind sharing buddy!!

Thanks for the welcome Jeevansluck. Yeah I’m a pretty patient person so will see how it turns out. As well thanks for keeping an eye out for me, means a lot.

Looks a little heavy on the low denoms and light on the upper denoms, I would maybe shoot for 150 x 25s and 100 x 500s or 150 x 25s and 200 x 100s to start out. How many players would you be anticipating?

When you have less upper denoms available it results in leaving more lower end chips on the table as the blinds go up, is the motive behind my suggestion

@FordPickup92 I only have one 10 max table going on with family & family friends. Might expand to 2 tables one day but not anytime soon.

Handled a few my ass Nav!!

@J93 if I may ask what is your tourney break down brotha man? These numbers got me scratching my head like my lovely significant other @FordPickup92... if you don't mind sharing buddy!!

@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 @Jeevansluck

Its a 15,000 starting stack with one rebuy option. If any recommendations to change/improve it?, I’ll take a look for sure and hear you guys out.

@Ben8257 @FordPickup92 @Jeevansluck

Its a 15,000 starting stack with one rebuy option. If any recommendations to change/improve it?, I’ll take a look for sure and hear you guys out.

As well denominations I use to start a tourney is

12x - 25
7x - 100
4x - 500
7x - 1000
1x - 5000

Attachments

• 60A34E27-1972-4B28-99C3-D709F840C47E.png
    60A34E27-1972-4B28-99C3-D709F840C47E.png
    318 KB · Views: 78
Sounds okay for a single table, everyone is different and theres multiple ways to breakdown and order chips. You'll run into various options here. Personally we prefer to have more upper end chips and more overall chips on the table, and less making of change. Some like less chips on the table, all depends what best suits you and your players preferences as well as the length of time desired to play

A secret of the pros: (which I’m not but I found this helpful)

You can watch an entire thread (classifieds) and get email alerts when something new is posted. Good stuff goes quickespecially if the price is right.

I also had to download a separate email app. The standard Apple email app doesn’t check the server frequently enough. Or maybe I’m not smart enough to change the settings correctly. With the app I’m using (yahoo) the notifications are near instant.

I may have said too much. :tdown: :LOL: :laugh:

Good luck!

Sounds okay for a single table, everyone is different and theres multiple ways to breakdown and order chips. You'll run into various options here. Personally we prefer to have more upper end chips and more overall chips on the table, and less making of change. Some like less chips on the table, all depends what best suits you and your players preferences as well as the length of time desired to play

Yeah it honestly comes down to personal preferences for almost everyone and I appreciate your view of how it potentially can be set up, thank you

Most important thing on your journey @J93 is to have fun. No matter how long it takes to put your perfect set together, enjoy the journey doing it.
Stay focused on your dream chips and eventually, you’ll acquirer them. Surround yourself with a great poker crew and the chips don’t matter at that point. In the end, it will always be about having a great game with awesome chips and an awesome group.
6BFEFA2C-F4F2-449F-B72B-878DD88C8829.jpeg

Here is a picture of what your ultimate chipping goal should look like.
Pick Hobson’s in play for a $100 freeze out with( from left to right)
Purple Rain.. long time rounder and good buddy.
@Ben8257..hot stamp lover extraordinaire and professional chip refurbisher.
Rich.. Straight up gambler
@Seeking Alpha Social Club.. my brother and good buddy. Not to mention, he’s got some beautiful chips in the barn.
@FordPickup92 aka “The Princess” No table is complete without her.
@Lil Tuna.. Yours truly, ex rounder and lover of FINE chips.
@Burke.. True grinder and lover of the hobby.
Johnny D. A little grumpy at times. Just take his $, tell him to go F himself and he’ll feel right at home.
Find your chips, get your crew together and enjoy. It doesn’t get much better than this.
I’ve never been to Toronto but always looking for a reason to make it to a game. :tup:

Most important thing on your journey @J93 is to have fun. No matter how long it takes to put your perfect set together, enjoy the journey doing it.
Stay focused on your dream chips and eventually, you’ll acquirer them. Surround yourself with a great poker crew and the chips don’t matter at that point. In the end, it will always be about having a great game with awesome chips and an awesome group. View attachment 457721
@Seeking Alpha Social Club.. my brother and good buddy. Not to mention, he’s got some beautiful chips in the barn.
Johnny D. A little grumpy at times. Just take his $, tell him to go F himself and he’ll feel right at home.
Find your chips, get your crew together and enjoy. It doesn’t get much better than this.
I’ve never been to Toronto but always looking for a reason to make it to a game. :tup:
++1 this ^^^

Stay focused on your dream chips and eventually, you’ll acquirer them. Surround yourself with a great poker crew and the chips don’t matter at that point. In the end, it will always be about having a great game with awesome chips and an awesome group. View attachment 457721
That's my VA family right there!! Miss you guys!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom