New Member from Philly Burbs (1 Viewer)

tones215

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi All!

I’ve actually been around PCF and CT for years, but I never registered until today. I always had high hopes of hosting a game a friendly game, but space limitations in my South Philly row home complicated things.

My wife and I moved out of the city last month, and I quickly got the bug again. Fast forward to yesterday: I finally pulled the trigger on a set of custom ceramics from BR Pro (Kristil is working on the artwork now). I toyed with the idea of CPC ceramics, but I couldn’t justify the price. If I have sustained interest in the game, say over a year or so, I may do a tournament set with them. With that said, I actually prefer the look and feel of ceramics, so I hardly consider this custom set a “compromise” (the main reason I even considered the clay is because I’m doing an “inspired-by” chip and the original was on clay). I’ll be sure to post a thread when they’re done and I look forward to meeting the community!

Welcome to PCF i have the same issue with the pricing of paulson at first too and opt To getting a small set of Card Mold Ceramic for my micro cash game

It took me a good 5-6 months before justifying on spending on even a set of used Paulson chip

Get sample first before deciding to spend also don’t felt to need to spend if it is way over what you can afford too

Hi All!

I’ve actually been around PCF and CT for years, but I never registered until today. I always had high hopes of hosting a game a friendly game, but space limitations in my South Philly row home complicated things.

My wife and I moved out of the city last month, and I quickly got the bug again. Fast forward to yesterday: I finally pulled the trigger on a set of custom ceramics from BR Pro (Kristil is working on the artwork now). I toyed with the idea of CPC ceramics, but I couldn’t justify the price. If I have sustained interest in the game, say over a year or so, I may do a tournament set with them. With that said, I actually prefer the look and feel of ceramics, so I hardly consider this custom set a “compromise” (the main reason I even considered the clay is because I’m doing an “inspired-by” chip and the original was on clay). I’ll be sure to post a thread when they’re done and I look forward to meeting the community!
Welcome.

I lived in Cherry Hill for 5 years. Loved Philadelphia and South Jersey. Almost took a job to come back.

Hello and welcome! South Philly is a special place, never a dull moment. I'm gonna guess you moved to Delco or South Jersey, regardless, welcome!

Hello and welcome! South Philly is a special place, never a dull moment. I'm gonna guess you moved to Delco or South Jersey, regardless, welcome!
Lol, spot on - we moved to Media. My wife is a physician and works in the city, so we needed an easy commute. As much as we love South Philly, we were both ready to get out.

Lol, spot on - we moved to Media. My wife is a physician and works in the city, so we needed an easy commute. As much as we love South Philly, we were both ready to get out.

Nice! I literally just started a new job in Media, I live in the KOP area, I am just starting to get back to live poker and can introduce you to some home games if interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom