New Member - From Michigan (1 Viewer)

Pungence

High Hand
Reaction score
New member here. I’m on the west side of Michigan close to Lake Michigan. I first got into poker when my cousin introduced my family and me to Texas Holdem. My dad and I watched every episode of the WSOP when Greg Raymer won in 2004. I loved the game and personalities, and I really loved the chips. Just the way they looked stacked, when they were thrown on the table, the sound, I just loved it. I started hosting some games with friends, and the closest thing I could find at the time to what I was looking for was a set of Phil Hellmuth chips.

Recently, I was just wondering what else is out there. I was hoping to find a set resembling the chips they used in the 2004 WSOP. After doing some searching, everyone involved in chip collecting was talking about PCF. In the past few days, I’ve learned so much about different kinds of chips, and it’s just been really enjoyable. I‘ve realized I’m a big Bud Jones fan lol. Looking forward to learning more and adding to the collection. Looks like a great community here!

Welcome to PCF, and Merry Christmas!

The southeastern PCF contingent is pretty strong. I'm not sure about the west coast. My wife and I do travel out to different parts of the west coast every fall for a long weekend. Usually we find a small town in the Muskegon area.

Anyways, if you have any questions about chips, prices, card games, ect....don't hesitate to ask.

christmas-welcome.gif

Welcome to PCF, and Merry Christmas!

The southeastern PCF contingent is pretty strong. I'm not sure about the west coast. My wife and I do travel out to different parts of the west coast every fall for a long weekend. Usually we find a small town in the Muskegon area.

Anyways, if you have any questions about chips, prices, card games, ect....don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks! I actually grew up and lived in eastern Michigan near Flint most of my life, and I worked in the Detroit metro area for a while. Cool to hear there are a lot of people from that area here!

Thanks! I actually grew up and lived in eastern Michigan near Flint most of my life, and I worked in the Detroit metro area for a while. Cool to hear there are a lot of people from that area here!

I'm in Ypsi. I host a touch more than once a month. Usually 50 to 75% of the players are chippers!

We have a New Years Day game in the Howell area. Looking forward to that. Thanks for the invite @Boother36 @mike32 @Marc Hedrick and @Sprouty also are regularly host!

Welcome @Pungence MI Strong lets's go lol get ready to spend alot of time on this Forum haha like @detroitdad said if you have any questions about chips, prices, card games, ect....don't hesitate to ask you won't find a better group of people Happy Holidays to You and Yours

Welcome @Pungence MI Strong lets's go lol get ready to spend alot of time on this Forum haha like @detroitdad said if you have any questions about chips, prices, card games, ect....don't hesitate to ask you won't find a better group of people Happy Holidays to You and Yours
Thanks! Happy Holidays to you too!

Welcome from a fellow Michigander. I just recently found my way to the forum and I can tell you everyone has been very nice and supportive.

Just wanted to post an update. Starting the new collection with some WSOP tributes. Thanks @PARADOX
C75F8DE2-966E-457B-85BC-F4D79C371FDF.jpeg

I’m gonna try to eventually put together a playable set of these next ones if possible. Thanks @ArielVer18
0BD36B69-B8DA-40F5-99A1-5B83F0EB3956.jpeg

Everyone has been so great to work with. But yeah, just wanted to give a little progress update. Happy New Year!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom