New member/ first post (1 Viewer)

Jonzee

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Jon. I played a ton of cards in my twenties but slowed down to raise kids build a career. I’m Getting back into the game now and have a regular game with old friends but want a higher quality chips than the old dice chips we all played with back in the day. I didn’t want to go all out on Paulsons yet, but did buy a set of Milanos. Have a couple questions:
1) Why do the Milanos have this off putting smell?
2)How do Classic poker chips compare to Paulsons?
All advice/ opinions welcome.
Thank you!

Welcome! Most here really like CPC but I know some don’t. Really only one way to find out: get some samples. Try to get a shuffle stack of each mold you’re interested in since they all have different feel and sound. And also, get a color sample set. The actual colors will differ from those in the design tool.

Welcome. As posted above, china clay has an off putting smell due to the plastic materials used to make them.
CPCs are lovely, but everyone's opinion varies. Imo they're the perfect option for customized clay, and when they first arrive they'll need a bit of oil to help them shine. The edges will also be very sharp, as they are fresh and brand new, however with a few uses they will begin to get a very nice edge and even better feel to them. They aren't quite as heavy as some of the older style paulson chips, but CPC does offer weighted colors

Cool! That makes sense now, I was kind of wondering what the weighted colored were on the CPC Custom chip design page. The Milanos have grown on me and the smell is dissipating but I’m going to order some samples from the CPC website too.

Cool! That makes sense now, I was kind of wondering what the weighted colored were on the CPC Custom chip design page. The Milanos have grown on me and the smell is dissipating but I’m going to order some samples from the CPC website too.

The non dayglo/retro chip colors are all weighted

Welcome. A lot of us got started with a set of China Clays. I’ve only shuffled my CPC sample set and prefer Paulson’s personally but as other have said, get samples and see for yourself. Enjoy the ride!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom