New Member - Custom Chipset Mockup for Ceramics (1 Viewer)

Redcard71

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all, this is my (almost) final mockup of chips for my home game I'm going to be ordering from ABC/BRPro soon. Any thoughts and feedback are welcome.
FiveChipsPNG.png

Rolling edge art?

"Furn"?
Burn, Baby, Burn, like Disco Inferno. Misspelled to match my last name. I'll post edge art soon.

Love the nontraditional 'inlay' shape. Great way of capitalizing on the unique design possibilities that ceramics present.

Very cool!
Thank you! I tried the oval inside a circle at first, then realized I could simply dispense with the circle entirely. The shape, color, and black lines were inspired by the label on a bottle of Guinness.

Looks great.......what about a 1 ? given its a custom set maybe 100-160 one's would give ya some versatility just in cash you want to use it as a cash set unless your 100 will play for that...

Design is well done

Very cool, very original, nice theme, nice colors and good usage of the plain ceramic platform.

Congrats !

Looks great.......what about a 1 ? given its a custom set maybe 100-160 one's would give ya some versatility just in cash you want to use it as a cash set unless your 100 will play for that...

Design is well do
A one dollar with dollar $ign is a probability. I'm partial to blue myself, particularly the shade of blue of the Flamingo $1 chip.

I usually (or had pre-pandemic, pre-baby) hosted 8 or so players for a T3000 tourney. Have had up to 19, but don't anticipate going beyond 16 for two tables of eight. Breakdown would probably be:
200 X 5
240 X 25
200 X 100
100 X 500
60 X 1000
150 X $1
25 X "Bounty"
25 X "Show 'em"... for a thousand chip order.

As players get more interested in cash games (my fervent hope) I could add on 43mm $5 and $20 as needed.

A one dollar with dollar $ign is a probability. I'm partial to blue myself, particularly the shade of blue of the Flamingo $1 chip.

I usually (or had pre-pandemic, pre-baby) hosted 8 or so players for a T3000 tourney. Have had up to 19, but don't anticipate going beyond 16 for two tables of eight. Breakdown would probably be:
200 X 5
240 X 25
200 X 100
100 X 500
60 X 1000
150 X $1
25 X "Bounty"
25 X "Show 'em"... for a thousand chip order.

As players get more interested in cash games (my fervent hope) I could add on 43mm $5 and $20 as needed.

what sort of breakdown do you use for your tournaments? and what stake would you be playing for cash games?
I think I see where your going with you plan... is it get a tournament set that doubles as a cash set until you can add on the cash portion within the same them, is that correct? This is exactly what my sets are set up for. The same theme with ability to run a tournament then have players who are eliminated begin a cash game using chips from the same set but in denominations/colours that are totally separate from the tournament chips. Doing this for a cash/tourney game of 1 cash table and 2 tourney tables can be done with 1000 chips, easier with 1200 lol (I always end up 2000+).

Also (this is not a criticism just an observation) all of your chips have 2 colour edge-spots except your 500 value purple chip. Is this on purpose? Have you considered adding a second colour to the white edgespot to keep it consistent with the 2 colour edge-spot theme of the rest of the set.

In my experience I don't think many players will agree to use a "show em" chip, I know i'd have a hard time playing a game where every player in a tournament had one. Showing or not showing hands is part of the game. It may work in your game but it would be a shame to order a chip that you do not use, have you played this into your game before? You may want to try it using a "placeholder" chip of sometype in the meantime for a game to see how it goes. Would you consider 5 more bounty buttons and bringing tinking with the chip count somewhat to get a set that in a stretch could go to a 3rd table. As an aside after making my first CPC order (still pending production) and including 40 Bounty chips I realized here on PCF there are many other options including custom cut cards, dealer buttons, plaques etc... all which can be customized to your hearts content and the cost is fairly reasonable. Given you only ever really need 1-30 +/- of the specialty markers I'd recommend focusing your custom order to playable chips. Knowing that instead of ordering a CPC chip as a bounty chip i'd have ordered a 25k chip.... but that's the way it is. Eventually I will order a plaque or something as a 25k.

... In my experience I don't think many players will agree to use a "show em" chip, I know i'd have a hard time playing a game where every player in a tournament had one. Showing or not showing hands is part of the game...
Whoops. I don't like the idea of "having" to show a hand you haven't been called on. Meant to include a "wabbit hunting" chip instead, which is indeed part of the game that slows it down. My thinking was that if every player got one, and one only, it would actually speed the game up (a little). Also thought that they could be "sold" to the addicts for 2 bucks apiece and that amount added to the first place prize...

Whoops. I don't like the idea of "having" to show a hand you haven't been called on. Meant to include a "wabbit hunting" chip instead, which is indeed part of the game that slows it down. My thinking was that if every player got one, and one only, it would actually speed the game up (a little). Also thought that they could be "sold" to the addicts for 2 bucks apiece and that amount added to the first place prize...

Nice idea with with selling the rabbit hunt chips and the money going towards something.

I do the same with show'em chips in my micro stakes cash game, but the money goes towards the high hand jackpot. I find that show'em chips are only good in friendly cash games where there's not a lot of money at stake.

I think they look great. The oval works well, lots of colors. Only nitpick is the purple chip. Every other chip has multi colored spots, why just white on the 500?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom