New Home Game, Guess Who is Hosting? (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
Got a phone call Friday afternoon asking if I would play in a $100 buy-in, $1/$1 dealer's choice NLHE/PLO game instead of the Limit Hold-em game. Of course I did my due diligence by asking how many did he have for the game. He said five. I threw out three names and a phone number. He asked me if I would take care of the bank and supply the chips and cards. My motto is "Have chips, will travel!"

Cards were in the air at 6:30PM. Seven of us to start. We had nine by seven o'clock, with a couple of players waiting to join by 8 or 8:30. The limit game broke up early because two or three players decided to play No-limit with us. Four players from that group crashed our party around ten wanting to play. In the ensuing chaos, one player sold his chips to one of the limit players looking for a seat and left.

I had to improvise due to the number of buy-ins/re-buys. My right pant side pocket with the Velcro flap became the bank. Worked beautifully. 14 players showed up over the course of the evening, 13 got to play. The game broke at quarter past two with seven of us calling it quits. The bank took in $3800.

Had lunch with the organizer this afternoon to set the parameters. For now, no straddling. $60 min re-buy, $200 max, $100 to start. (No one rebought into last week's game for less than $80.) We will be using a cut card from here on out. I will continue my role of running the bank and supplying the chips and cards.

Needless to say, feels good being a co-host and having say in the direction of the game. Tomorrow night's game is set at 6 pm. Forgot to ask about ending the game at 1AM. We will see what happens.

More to follow.

Needless to say, feels good being a co-host and having say in the direction of the game. Tomorrow night's game is set at 6 pm. Forgot to ask about ending the game at 1AM. We will see what happens.
I had helped to form a few cash games in the past as well and it always a good feeling for me as well.

Congratz on a New home game formed

Very nice! What happened to the game that uses the WTHC chips? Seemed like that game printed money for you...

It did, but the weak left and the remaining players grew wise. Hero has given back more than he has won over the last six weeks, booking two wins and four losses. Annoying. Hero is down $1250. He played his worst game this last Tuesday by donking off $400 with top and bottom pair on the flop against top two. Finished the session down seven hundred.

-- P.S. Don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
Interesting coincidence. During the pandemic, the home game Hero played in evolved from .50/.50 blinds to $1/$1 blinds. When the government checks rolled out, the players were jonesing for a bigger game with $100 buy-ins and $100 min. re-buys. Hero had a rack of .50 fracs, two racks of ones, three racks of fives and a rack of twenties in his chipset. We got all the dollar chips into play that night and had to resort to using the green .50 chips as $50. In the early AM we were playing $1/$1 four handed with $4,000+ on the table. Wild night!

Hero has wanted to commemorate that evening by adding a $50 denom to his chipset. He finally placed the order for the add-on right before Christmas. The chips arrived Tuesday.

1673582421596.png

Original Bank

100 x .50
200 x $1 (Extra ones to cover the occasional hand of $3/$6 FL7CS)
400 x $5
100 x $20

Add-on

100 x $5
100 x $20
100 x $50

Never liked it myself, but seriously? This is the first time you’ve heard hero vs villain narrative?
Didn’t say that. But the first time I have seen it carried through a discussion about chip orders!

Didn’t say that. But the first time I have seen it carried through a discussion about chip orders!
Title of this thread is “New home Game, Guess who’s hosting,” not about chip orders. Anyway, all good not looking to start any type of ruckus!

It did, but the weak left and the remaining players grew wise. Hero has given back more than he has won over the last six weeks, booking two wins and four losses.
Well, at least you had a good run. Nothing last forever nowadays

It must have been a 5 figure score since you joined the game? Felt like it been at least a year

Hero has wanted to commemorate that evening by adding a $50 denom to his chipset
I am neutral about using $50 with $25 or $20 if I have the choice to use $100, same logic as using $1 & $2 in the same set.

But I don't think I will mind much about using $50 chip if the game is fun and good

The third-person narrative is weird.
its-weird-but-i-like-it-19276999.png

Well, at least you had a good run. Nothing last forever nowadays

It must have been a 5 figure score since you joined the game? Felt like it been at least a year
its-weird-but-i-like-it-19276999.png

Cut the figure in half from the time Hero joined the group 20 months ago.

This was an enjoyable read. Nice to hear the game went well. I have been thinking about ditching my $25's because they never get felted and adding more $1's and $5's. Your new game has me thinking about some possible "what if" scenarios and reconsidering.

Also: I appreciate the third person narrative in your posts.

The game was a lot tamer tonight, less drinking, more deliberative action. Cards were in the air at 6:15PM, nine players.

Picture from mid-way through the evening. $50 chips in play.

1673677163769.png

PLO. Hero and the player directly across the table were the two big stacks. Player dealing joined late.

1673677245255.png

Next to last hand. Down to five.

1673677326070.png

We had twelve players this evening. Hero did well, buying in once for $100, cashing out with $875.

The game was a lot tamer tonight, less drinking, more deliberative action. Cards were in the air at 6:15PM, nine players.

Picture from mid-way through the evening. $50 chips in play.

View attachment 1058705

PLO. Hero and the player directly across the table were the two big stacks. Player dealing joined late.

View attachment 1058706

Next to last hand. Down to five.

View attachment 1058707

We had twelve players this evening. Hero did well, buying in once for $100, cashing out with $875.
Your friend needs to be shown the threads for table top mats for his round wooden top table. There could be some fine Bahamia on that table in a few weeks

Interesting coincidence. During the pandemic, the home game Hero played in evolved from .50/.50 blinds to $1/$1 blinds. When the government checks rolled out, the players were jonesing for a bigger game with $100 buy-ins and $100 min. re-buys. Hero had a rack of .50 fracs, two racks of ones, three racks of fives and a rack of twenties in his chipset. We got all the dollar chips into play that night and had to resort to using the green .50 chips as $50. In the early AM we were playing $1/$1 four handed with $4,000+ on the table. Wild night!

Hero has wanted to commemorate that evening by adding a $50 denom to his chipset. He finally placed the order for the add-on right before Christmas. The chips arrived Tuesday.

View attachment 1057887

Original Bank

100 x .50
200 x $1 (Extra ones to cover the occasional hand of $3/$6 FL7CS)
400 x $5
100 x $20

Add-on

100 x $5
100 x $20
100 x $50
Them look really cool I just ordered a sample set and the Nevada Jacks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom