New here, from Eastern MA (1 Viewer)

You found the right place. Welcome to PCF, from the south shore. What stakes do you guys play? Looking forward to your custom design, is that your inlay/logo?
The avatar on the OP seem to be the preview of his $25 custom chip

I'm just saying Hello!
Trying to build my first custom set, as I appear to have the most chip knowledge in our poker group. Which I thought was a lot... until I found you folks! o_O
Cheers!
Hi,

Welcome to PCF

Thanks!
Ya, artwork will be something like that :) Custom inlay. To match our budget and tastes (which are hit or miss at times haha), we are looking at Majestic blanks from Apache and gearlabels for the inlay that we put in ourselves. Making a set that we can use for 0.25/0.50 cash games, 100BB buys, and the occasional 8 player or more tourney. 1000chip set. I figure this would give us some flexibility:
$1
$5
$25
$100
$500
$1000
$5000
$25000 (also used as 25c) small - ish qty.
Still mulling the quantities.

Thanks!
Ya, artwork will be something like that :) Custom inlay. To match our budget and tastes (which are hit or miss at times haha), we are looking at Majestic blanks from Apache and gearlabels for the inlay that we put in ourselves. Making a set that we can use for 0.25/0.50 cash games, 100BB buys, and the occasional 8 player or more tourney. 1000chip set. I figure this would give us some flexibility:
$1
$5
$25
$100
$500
$1000
$5000
$25000 (also used as 25c) small - ish qty.
You don't need both "25c" and 50c denomination, so you can just skipped 50c and get 25c instead

Also unless you are playing like 3 & above MTT, you don't need $25k denomination as well so you can skip on that too

Since you can doing 1000 in number order, I will suggest the following for Cash Set

25c x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$20/$25 x 80
$100 x 20

and the following for STT T100

Starting Stack 30K 15/5/11/3 with enough for colour up and rebuys
T100 x 150
T500 x 50
T1000 x 125
T5000 x 75

You can adjust the T5k depending on how deep you want your starting stack to buy

Welcome to the site from Boston. The site has a ton of information and people willing to help out with any questions.

As @LeLe said, you might consider skipping the .50 chip if you’ll also be having a .25 chip (and playing .25/.50). This would also help as you’d no longer have to use tournament chips for cash which is always better to avoid.

If you’re still working on your breakdowns
and would like some suggestions (there’s some breakdown exprertz on here), knowing the following might help them:
-up to how many players max does each set need to cover
-how large does the cash bank have to be (think your largest game on record plus 50% or more just incase/to allow for growth)
-what tournament starting stacks and breakdown does your group prefer
-are there rebuys in your tournaments

Like a kid in a candy store. This is all great!
OK @ReallyGoodUsername here we go:
♠ I like the suggestion of ditching the 0.50 thx @LeLe
♠ Typical cash game is 5-8 players, we get a bank above $500 on a good day. So maybe > $5000 cash chips should cover us.
♠ Is it customary to not use "$" on the T chips? Something about the '$' makes us feel rich. Or is it best to have a tourney set with just numbers ('100' '500' '1000', etc). Keep it separate, so those dirty dirty cash player fingers dont mess up our T set?? seems like a good idea.
♠ Honestly I prefer no re-buys, & set up a side cash table. keeps the loose guys in check. I may get some push back, so a set that makes it easy for a few re-buy is fine.
♠ Typical tournament is same 5-8 players, but I would like to host MTT, say 20 players. If the set can handle something like these setups, we'd have a good start:
8 player STT, 200BB starting stack. 0 or 1 re-buy. alternatively 100BB, maybe 3-5 re-buys.
24 player MTT, 100BB stacks, 0 or 1 rebuy.
♠ No preference on breakdown, open to suggestions.
♠ I'm liking @LeLe 's initial set suggestion, but what trouble might I run into with the MTT? Especially if some madman suggests open re-buys for the first hour - or something crazy like that. My instinct is to lower the blind/starting stack and dip into the cash set $25's.
Thanks for any and all!

8 player STT, 200BB starting stack. 0 or 1 re-buy. alternatively 100BB, maybe 3-5 re-buys.
24 player MTT, 100BB stacks, 0 or 1 rebuy.
Usually we like quick tournaments.
Could be 400-500BB stack (50k for a T100 tourney), if we have more time or desire to play a deeper stack.

Just discovered the set selection tool in the resources. Oooooh. :)

Typical cash game is 5-8 players, we get a bank above $500 on a good day. So maybe > $5000 cash chips should cover us.
Usually for Cash Game, I will aim for a bank enough for 3 buyin per person up to 10 person for regular stake and 5 buyin per person for up to 10 person for Micro stake

So 5k bank is a good bank where you almost never will run out of chips

Is it customary to not use "$" on the T chips? Something about the '$' makes us feel rich. Or is it best to have a tourney set with just numbers ('100' '500' '1000', etc). Keep it separate, so those dirty dirty cash player fingers dont mess up our T set?? seems like a good idea.
It not required to use $5000 or just 5000. It depend on your personnel preference

But people do tend to avoid using the same set for their Cash and Tourney to prevent people to sneak in their Tourney chips into the Cash game

Just discovered the set selection tool in the resources. Oooooh
Yup, very useful tool for New chippers

All in All good luck in your purchase and enjoy the new chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom