New Guy Here (1 Viewer)

ValueBluff

Reaction score
Hi all, iv been lurking around for a month or so and finally decided today to join in on the conversations. The only bad thing is I have an addictive personality, so when something pushes my buttons I want to know everything about whatever it is, and be the best at whatever is it. Now I have been playing cards since collage, but I never really got into having nice chips or tables, iv always just used my old plastic slug chips and the dinning table. Witch work fine by the way. But a few weeks ago I hosted a game with some work friends and it went great other then the fact I paid my buddys beer budget for the month.... But after that night I stubbled across this forum and i have to tell you, I have the itch. I never thought about the fact that loving the the game of poker could be more then just playing. From tables to chips I have big plans. And with the wealth on knowledge in this forum im sure it'll be a breeze. Thanks for having me!

Welcome aboard!!! Hope you enjoy the forum, and cheers to your new journey down the rabbit hole!

Welcome!! I think many of us have very similar stories! My group always complimented me on my 14g slugged chips for being way better than dice chips. This hobby is amazing, but most of your players truly won't care between slugged and a top end TRK set, I have herd many groups that prefer China Clay over nice chips... it happens. Now a nice table and comfortable chairs will definitely be more noticed by your guest.

If I were you, I would concentrate on getting the room set up first because the first time you say "dibs" on some amazing chips... all of your funds from there out will be dedicated to your next chip set! Lol and I do mean all of your funds if you catch this addiction badly like many of us have!!

Enjoy your chipping journey, my names Ben. Feel free to send a PM any time if you have questions!!! Best of luck @ValueBluff

Welcome. Sounds similar to all of us. I played plastic slugged chips for 25 years. No one ever complained. I have only been here 7 months or so and it has taken me to some places that has led my wife to believe I am crazy or an international drug dealer with all of the poorly wrapped odd sized packages coming and going through the mailbox. Fwiw believe it or not, even here in the poker chip forum most of us will tell you that upgrading your table, seats, and cards first will probably get a bigger enjoyment boost for your guests. In a way it’s a bit a shame how most of our players don’t fully appreciate our love for chips. But I think that’s why we all turn back here for emotional support.

Last edited:
Welcome. Sounds similar to all of us. I played plastic slugged chips for 25 years. No one ever complained. I have only been here 7 months or so and it has taken me to some places that has led my wife to believe I am crazy or an international drug dealer with all of the poorly wrapped odd sized packages coming and going through the mailbox. Fwiw believe it or not, even here in the poker chip forum most of us will tell you that upgrading your table, seats, and cards first will probably get a bigger enjoyment boost for your guests. In a way it’s a bit a shame how most of our players don’t fully appreciate our love for chips. But I think that’s why we all turn back here for emotional support.
I started rearranging the guest room last night and my wife was making some pretty funny comments.. I can only imagine what she will think when my sample packs and table supply's start showing up o_O

Welcome!! I think many of us have very similar stories! My group always complimented me on my 14g slugged chips for being way better than dice chips. This hobby is amazing, but most of your players truly won't care between slugged and a top end TRK set, I have herd many groups that prefer China Clay over nice chips... it happens. Now a nice table and comfortable chairs will definitely be more noticed by your guest.

If I were you, I would concentrate on getting the room set up first because the first time you say "dibs" on some amazing chips... all of your funds from there out will be dedicated to your next chip set! Lol and I do mean all of your funds if you catch this addiction badly like many of us have!!

Enjoy your chipping journey, my names Ben. Feel free to send a PM any time if you have questions!!! Best of luck @ValueBluff
For sure! Thanks,

Welcome! Noticed you're from Tyler, TX. Birthplace of Toadies, one of my all time favorite bands. I have the "itch" as well, my friend. This is definitely the place to scratch it. I've been a part of this forum for just over a month. I'm less productive at work, my wife thinks I'm an idiot, and I'm on a spending pace that is unsustainable . . . so I guess things are off to a strong start. :D Best of luck!

Hello and welcome, now this: "my old plastic slug chips and the dinning table. Which work fine by the way.", that won't do at all. Bite your tongue!

No, seriously, to me, it is the people that make poker fun (of course, I have more than 60k chips so apparently I also love chips). But, it's the people that I really love. I tell myself that over and over everytime someone puts up a great set of chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom