New Guy Here (1 Viewer)

phill271

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello all! First of all, this is an excellent forum. I've had fun looking it over for the last few weeks and just decided to join today. Looks like there are several very dedicated members.

I ended up here after looking for chips to fill my poker chip holder I made (woodworking is my true passion) after putting my old crappy chips in. I'm not a huge poker player but I felt the chip holders deserved a better looking chip.

I have to say that after perusing the website I am in love with the Paulson Pharoahs chips but only really care about the color. Any one have a recommendation for lesser quality, similar looking chips?

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks!

Welcome Phil!

It's good to see another new face here. There is a china clay version of the Pharoah's chips so that might be an option.

Enjoy!

Welcome to the PokerChipForum. Would love to see the chip holders you make. Please post some pics if you can.

Thanks guys! Tommy - I'm going to see if I can get around to taking pics of it this weekend. I have a pretty busy work schedule and plans out of town for the weekend so it might have to wait until next week. Mr. Cheese, thanks for the response. I'll look them up and see if I can find more info.

Welcome to the forum! Give us a little more detail about the chips you are looking for and I am sure we can point you in the right direction.

How many, budget, denomination or not, etc.

Welcome to the forum! Give us a little more detail about the chips you are looking for and I am sure we can point you in the right direction.

How many, budget, denomination or not, etc.
Thanks for the reply Woody! This probably sounds silly but I'm more concerned with looks than anything else. The reason being that I don't often play cards, although I would like to change that, and the chips are more to accent the chip rack that I made. I did a lot of searching on your forums and I find myself drawn to the Paulson Pharaohs mostly. I just really like the way they look sitting in a rack. I like the combination of vibrant accent colors (pinks and greens) on the muted colors of the white/black chips.

As far as denomination goes, when I was playing heavily I found that $25, $50, $100 and $500 worked well. I don't see much of a use for the very low ($0.25) or very high ($10,000) chips for my use. Budget is fairly flexible I suppose. My only experience with poker chips prior to a few weeks ago was the kind you can buy at any Walmart or Target so I was surprised to see there were chips that run over $1 each. That said I was hoping to get about 600 chips for around $100. I'm realizing now that that probably isn't realistic. Either way, I have found myself spending a lot of time on this site and I enjoy seeing what others have. I may try to take on building a foldable poker table this summer.

Last edited:
Just a couple of things

If you like the Paulson Pharaoh's then you can find a 'china clay' version here: http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/thech...ucing-new-pharaohs-club-clay-poker-chips.html

Another option would be http://www.claysmithgaming.com/poker-chip-sets: The Milano's are their higher end chips, they are another version of 'china clays'. You might be able to find them cheaper at another site but this shows you what they have and you can get free samples. The other chips they offer are considered lower end, but if you like the look might work for you.

Also check out the marketplace, These sponsors are all good places to start your search.

There are many more options but this will get you started. Enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the forum. I have family that lives in Maryland. Perryville area.

Thanks! I've been to the Perryville area before. Stayed at a bed and breakfast not too far away from there. I enjoyed it.

Welcome to PFC!

Nowadays, there are chips to fit most any budget. Just five years ago, the general wisdom was that if it cost less than $1 per chip, the chips were not real or real quality. Now, you can buy many varieties of chips for much less.

The one piece of a advice everyone will give -- here and elsewhere -- is to get samples before you buy any large quantity. Nothing compares to actually feeling the weight of the chip, holding it in your hand, shuffling a stack.

I predict you are at the start of a long journey to custom chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom