New Guy, desert dweller (1 Viewer)

pokermijo

Pair
Reaction score
Hey all, very new poker player here. Came across this site while on the hunt for poker chip sets. Didn't realize there was so much to offer compared to the $20 sets you see at Target or Walmart. Figured I'd sign up, say what's up and maybe eventually get myself a nice set for some home games with buddies and family at hangouts

Another dude from Arizona. Cool.

@Psypher1000 why don't you show off your awesome set.

Welcome to the forum. It's a blast here, but it can get expensive

Welcome! Where in AZ? I work overseas but homebase is Mesa/Denver in summer. There are a couple active members in AZ.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Soon you learn a certain level of disdain for those $20 chip sets. As long as you're shopping, check out the Bud Jones style Hybrid thread. It's a lengthy read at this point, but it's a great opportunity to get some great chips for an incredible value.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I definitely have some questions that I'm browsing around answers for but this site looks great should poker become a frequent activity of mine (which it seems to be recently haha)

Welcome! Where in AZ? I work overseas but homebase is Mesa/Denver in summer. There are a couple active members in AZ.
I'm currently in Scottsdale at the moment. On the edge of Tempe.

Another dude from Arizona. Cool.

@Psypher1000 why don't you show off your awesome set.

Welcome to the forum. It's a blast here, but it can get expensive
I'm realizing how much money goes into poker chips. I never would have guessed without doing my research (y) :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I definitely have some questions that I'm browsing around answers for but this site looks great should poker become a frequent activity of mine (which it seems to be recently haha)

I'm realizing how much money goes into poker chips. I never would have guessed without doing my research (y) :thumbsup:

Great location...My dad is near the 101 and McKellips not so far away. You don't have to spend thousands to have a nice set, but most of us here have a sickness. I will have some stuff for sale in the summer if you are still looking around then.

Great location...My dad is near the 101 and McKellips not so far away. You don't have to spend thousands to have a nice set, but most of us here have a sickness. I will have some stuff for sale in the summer if you are still looking around then.

He is just down the street from me heh. Yeah, for my first set, definitely not looking to spends thousands, just want a decent looking with denoms on them, that will also last me quite some time. I'll definitely keep your sale in mind for the summer if I don't find anything by then.

Welcome to PCF! We all travel down the same slippery slope towards inevitable chip addiction.

"Just one set is all I need"... Then it becomes a set for every day of the week. Then the backup sets etc :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to PCF! We all travel down the same slippery slope towards inevitable chip addiction.

"Just one set is all I need"... Then it becomes a set for every day of the week. Then the backup sets etc :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

haha I think it's safe to say that is the case with most hobbies people get into. As long as the bills are paid and food is on the table, then everything is a-okay am I right? :LOL: :laugh:

Welcome! I agree on the great location, I was born in Scottsdale and right before we moved up to Washington I lived on the edge of Tempe and Scottsdale over by supai middle school. Still got family in Scottsdale off Scottsdale road by old town. Love that city, hope to have a house down there someday that I can coke down to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom