New from Georgia. (1 Viewer)

Couyon

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I stumbled onto the site Nov 2019. I was looking for some info to help my home game. I ended up with a pretty nice set of chips with perfect breakdown for my game. I’m sure this is just stepping stone for more sets. You guys have been more then helpful and I appreciate all the post.
My next goal is to have a set for our monthly tournaments. We play 16 players currently with room to maybe increase to 18 players. I’m leaning to ceramics because some of these players are animals and I would like to keep cost down. Maybe Venerati’s or Nevada Jacks? Are the Venerati’s that bad? I’ve been checking the classifieds here.

EAD3E7BD-2FAD-415F-89AC-2A2CBC7F0002.jpeg

Hello and welcome!

If you select a reasonable breakdown, you can probably keep an 18-person tournament set to 600 chips or many just under, depending on how many rebuys are available/needed.

Get some ceramic samples if you can. Stock ceramics, of course, would be much cheaper than customs. If you had a toss-up between China Clay and ceramics at the around the same price point, I'd lean toward the ceramics.

Welcome! Your first set turned out great!
I too would likely lean towards ceramics if it was between that and china clay

Hello and welcome!

If you select a reasonable breakdown, you can probably keep an 18-person tournament set to 600 chips or many just under, depending on how many rebuys are available/needed.

Get some ceramic samples if you can. Stock ceramics, of course, would be much cheaper than customs. If you had a toss-up between China Clay and ceramics at the around the same price point, I'd lean toward the ceramics.
I would like to keep the starting stacks 12/12/5/6 for all 18 players.
I actually used your recommendation on my 600 cash game set after searching the entire forum!

I would like to keep the starting stacks 12/12/5/6 for all 18 players.
I actually used your recommendation on my 600 cash game set after searching the entire forum!

Okay, so that's, probably 700-ish chips if you need to buy in multiples of 25; T25 base structure for T10K tournament, it looks like,
225/225/100/125 fpr starting stacks, and gives you enough for colour-ups and to cover damage/losses. Adding 50x T5K gives 25 rebuys (enough?).

Oh, and that's not *my* 600-chip cash breakdown, it's almost *everybody's* 600-chip cash breakdown! (Can't take credit for what's not mine. I learned from lots of others, too.)

Okay, so that's, probably 700-ish chips if you need to buy in multiples of 25; T25 base structure for T10K tournament, it looks like,
225/225/100/125 fpr starting stacks, and gives you enough for colour-ups and to cover damage/losses. Adding 50x T5K gives 25 rebuys (enough?).

Oh, and that's not *my* 600-chip cash breakdown, it's almost *everybody's* 600-chip cash breakdown! (Can't take credit for what's not mine. I learned from lots of others, too.)
Yes that’s way more rebuys then we normally have have at our tournament. I’m thinking of adding bounty chips too.

Welcome! Many folks from GA here, one being the king of tournament structure, BGinGA.

The original Venerati chips were a great budget ceramic chip, especially the vibrant tourney denoms. Those are tough to find, but a used set in the classified (for 25c-30c/chip) is a great buy. Avoid the more recent copycats from China; quailty is poor with much worse printing, materials, and consistency. My advice is do not buy new Venerati chips from a vendor.

Not a fan of Nevada Jacks personally -- I find the design way too busy and muddied, and the surface finish too rough.

ABC/BRProPoker has several nice stock designs as does Sun-Fly (both PCF site vendors) at reasonable cost, including some that can be semi-customized, along with offering full customs.

For an 18 player-player T10k set using 12/12/5/6 starting stacks, you'll need the following chips (rounded up to even barrels, giving you a few extras to cover loss/theft and damage/breakage):

220 x T25
220 x T100
100 x T500
120 x T1000
20 x T5000
20 x Bounty
-------------------
700 chips, which includes 6x T5000s for color-up of T25 and T100 chips, and 14x T5000s for up to 7x T10k re-buy stacks. If wanting to add the capability of larger starting stacks, add another 18x T5000 chips (T15k) or 36x T5000 (T20k).

And welcome! Where in GA are you located?

The original Venerati chips were a great budget ceramic chip, especially the vibrant tourney denoms. Those are tough to find, but a used set in the classified (for 25c-30c/chip) is a great buy. Avoid the more recent copycats from China; quailty is poor with much worse printing, materials, and consistency. My advice is do not buy new Venerati chips from a vendor.

Not a fan of Nevada Jacks personally -- I find the design way too busy and muddied, and the surface finish too rough.

ABC/BRProPoker has several nice stock designs as does Sun-Fly (both PCF site vendors) at reasonable cost, including some that can be semi-customized, along with offering full customs.

For an 18 player-player T10k set using 12/12/5/6 starting stacks, you'll need the following chips (rounded up to even barrels, giving you a few extras to cover loss/theft and damage/breakage):

220 x T25
220 x T100
100 x T500
120 x T1000
20 x T5000
20 x Bounty
-------------------
700 chips, which includes 6x T5000s for color-up of T25 and T100 chips, and 14x T5000s for up to 7x T10k re-buy stacks. If wanting to add the capability of larger starting stacks, add another 18x T5000 chips (T15k) or 36x T5000 (T20k).

Southwest of Atlanta.
I guess I will put out a wanted ad for those chips. If someone would produce something similar to the Venerati’s they would sell a ton of sets.

220 x T25
220 x T100
100 x T500
120 x T1000
20 x T5000
20 x Bounty
-------------------

Blind structure for 3-3.5 hour tournament with this set?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom