NEW Faded Spade 2.0 Colors - Purple and Black (1 Viewer)

JRReynolds6181

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just got my new Purple/Black Faded Spade 2.0 and wanted to post pictures because their website doesn’t do them justice. @aaronroch (tagging you because you’re a fellow Faded Spade truth seeker).
4C1415E2-0D12-40BA-9135-852D1C2D6263.jpeg

The first thing I would like to draw your attention to.... THE BOX IS PURPLE. It’s the same smug about to throw an ace of spades and sever your throat Jack we know and love but the box... is.... PURPLE. I. LOVE. IT.
0A0F6288-A900-4B09-8F2E-149855322369.jpeg
0BA3700D-837C-4FD6-B365-8671D57C9751.jpeg
The backs and Aces. As you can see, the colors are awesome because they are non- traditional. I’ve waited a long time for Congress to ban plain Jane blue and red deck combination but they don’t answer my letters.
24D1680E-0137-4870-A448-C2CC93A84659.jpeg
1F41B18E-7709-45D8-B745-A41D1E80BB4A.jpeg
The backs and fronts, poorly fanned out by me.
Overall grade: Solid A for Faded Spade enthusiasts. Probably D- for people who don’t like Faded Spade Cards. You cannot get the purple and black in poker size, but unless you’re looking to get in a forearm workout I’m not sure why you’d want these flex cards in that size to begin with. As you can see, these are very easy to read even in bridge size there’s no need to go nuts, here, people.
Thanks for reading my review! Click like and.... I don’t have a newsletter or anything for you to subscribe to but watch for me on this here site! :D

I will be the first to say that Faded Spade cards aren't for everyone. Their card designs, pips, and stock used are all unique to any other card I've used. I give them kudos for that.

That all being said, their v1 cards were a disaster, but I will say that it really seems like they listened to consumer feedback and made improvements and fixes based on what was wrong with the first run of their cards.

I'm looking forward to putting a set of these (red/blue version) into my post tournament dealer's choice game tomorrow :)

Reactions: Dix
I'm glad you're happy with them. They're not for me, if they came up with a better design maybe but I just can't get past it. I might get a deck of these just to try out the flex and feel just in case they try to produce a more traditional design in the future.

I hate you OP. Those cards looked so nice, an existential force took over my body and forced me to purchase a set. I have a set of the red/blue bridge sized cards. Easily my second favorite cards after Kem circlebacks and Kem Alphas (which are so hard to find. I only have one set of alphas). I'm looking forward to receiving them.

I hate you OP. Those cards looked so nice, an existential force took over my body and forced me to purchase a set. I have a set of the red/blue bridge sized cards. Easily my second favorite cards after Kem circlebacks and Kem Alphas (which are so hard to find. I only have one set of alphas). I'm looking forward to receiving them.

Let me know your thoughts when you get them! :D

I will be the first to say that Faded Spade cards aren't for everyone. Their card designs, pips, and stock used are all unique to any other card I've used. I give them kudos for that.
^^^^^ Ditto This ^^^^^

I actually WISH I could love these cards, because looks-wise, I do.

I like the unique faces. Not perfectly "traditional", no. But, not grossly out of whack either... A unique take on card faces that makes a statement while still paying homage to traditional faces & being perfectly recognizable.

That said, the font used is my favorite part. Finally, A nice bold sans-serif font that's as easy on the eyes to read across a table as it gets. If the suit pips were a tad larger that would be the hat-trick.

& as mentioned above.... the set boxes are among the best of the cardboard variety... rivaled only by Desjgn's.

Sadly, for me the deal breaker is the flex, feel, & finish. The combination of which for me makes these things try to stick together while attempting to pitch 'em one at a time off the top of a deck a maddening process until after some significant break-in time.

It's easier & less painful to take a toy tennis ball away from my cat than trying to separate two cards from the top of a deck of these fresh out of the box.

Last edited:
I love these cards.
the graphics are ok, although I will say they are growing on me.

I really love the flex, feel & finish. The combination of which for me is like “finally! This is what playing cards should feel like!”

:p

It’s a good thing we’re not all the same, ain’t it? :)

I just got my first box of these cards, in standard red and blue bridge size. I have to say, I love them so far. The font size is perfect. I like the flex and texture personally. The packaging is very nice.

Now, I love Kem cards too. Unfortunately I just can use them anymore. No matter what I do, they always warp to some degree or other. So, does anyone have any experience with these warping at all? I'm not a materials expert and can't do the research needed at the moment but whatever the Kem's are made from has a high tendency to warp.

I plan to get a couple more of these decks and these black and purple look like a win.

Cheers!

General consensus (which I usually instinctively suspect, but in this case, tend to agree with) is the issue with Kem comes down to storage environment.

Why Kem & not many other cellulose-acetate based decks?... good question. They are USPC's ONLY C-A cards. (all of USPC's other plastic cards are PVC) So, there is that, for what it's worth.

I don't know how much usage the OP's first deck got, but by looking at the second picture with the close up of the Ace of spades, it seems like the older deck is living up to the name of the cards! ;)

I don't know how much usage the OP's first deck got, but by looking at the second picture with the close up of the Ace of spades, it seems like the older deck is living up to the name of the cards! ;)
Looks like the angle and light to me.

Speed cloth is tough on card faces. Some hold up better than others, but they all fade with enough play. Do you think the Faded Spades fade at about the same rate as other cards?
Brother I don't know about this V1 or V2 mishugas but at the Borgata, the Faded Spades are universally hated by players, dealers, and directors alike. Just did a weekend there and I'm not kidding when I say there must've been deck changes every hour and a half. One of the directors actually went as far as to say, direct quote, "I cannot wait until we stop ordering these."

Obviously home use for us is going to be kinder on cards than use in a legit poker room, but I've definitely soured on Faded Spades as a result. They bow like crazy and are painfully easy to (accidentally) mark. If decks are bowing and crimping even when dealers don't actually shuffle them, I'd hate to see the results of a couple orbits of drunken self-dealing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Brother I don't know about this V1 or V2 mishugas but at the Borgata, the Faded Spades are universally hated by players, dealers, and directors alike. Just did a weekend there and I'm not kidding when I say there must've been deck changes every hour and a half. One of the directors actually went as far as to say, direct quote, "I cannot wait until we stop ordering these."

Obviously home use for us is going to be kinder on cards than use in a legit poker room, but I've definitely soured on Faded Spades as a result. They bow like crazy and are painfully easy to (accidentally) mark. If decks are bowing and crimping even when dealers don't actually shuffle them, I'd hate to see the results of a couple orbits of drunken self-dealing :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
That is surprising to hear as far as the durability. By handling the cards, they feel durable. But I don't know much about the marking of cards. I could definitely see dealers not liking them because of the stiffness, or certain players not liking the looks or stiffness, but the other stuff is surprising.

That is surprising to hear as far as the durability. By handling the cards, they feel durable. But I don't know much about the marking of cards. I could definitely see dealers not liking them because of the stiffness, or certain players not liking the looks or stiffness, but the other stuff is surprising.
At the Borgata the dealers by and large do nothing with the cards but feed the deckmate, cut the deck, and pitch the cards. I only saw one dealer actually shuffle and even then it was just a single riffle before going into the shuffler.

I think the big problem, at least from the decks I saw the room pull, was that a) they bowed in no time and as a result b) it was super easy to accidentally mark a corner while taking a peek. Thinking out loud, could it perhaps be that the cards are wrong for the shuffler? There aren't enough manual shuffles to pin it on the dealers, and there were no poker virgins at the table, so I could buy that it's some combo of the cards and shuffler.

I've posted this a few times around these parts, but the V1 Faded Spades were absolute disasters. I put them into play once and ink was already fading on some of the cards. I opened them back up a few weeks later and both decks were warped. Just sitting there in the box. I've since used the dealer button and cut card storage trick used for KEM's and that has helped somewhat, but I'm still not sure that the cards are usable again.

The V2's are a night and day difference. No fading issues. No warping. The stock is definitely different as the stock itself is a brighter white than the V1's.

Hi everyone!
I just got my new Purple/Black Faded Spade 2.0 and wanted to post pictures because their website doesn’t do them justice. @aaronroch (tagging you because you’re a fellow Faded Spade truth seeker).
View attachment 531618
The first thing I would like to draw your attention to.... THE BOX IS PURPLE. It’s the same smug about to throw an ace of spades and sever your throat Jack we know and love but the box... is.... PURPLE. I. LOVE. IT.
View attachment 531621View attachment 531622The backs and Aces. As you can see, the colors are awesome because they are non- traditional. I’ve waited a long time for Congress to ban plain Jane blue and red deck combination but they don’t answer my letters.
View attachment 531623View attachment 531624The backs and fronts, poorly fanned out by me.
Overall grade: Solid A for Faded Spade enthusiasts. Probably D- for people who don’t like Faded Spade Cards. You cannot get the purple and black in poker size, but unless you’re looking to get in a forearm workout I’m not sure why you’d want these flex cards in that size to begin with. As you can see, these are very easy to read even in bridge size there’s no need to go nuts, here, people.
Thanks for reading my review! Click like and.... I don’t have a newsletter or anything for you to subscribe to but watch for me on this here site! :D
Did you buy them from their website I don’t see the option for the purple and black might be sold out

Yep, I believe those purps are discontinued or something. I contacted them twice and never received a response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom