New designs (1 Viewer)

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I'm doing a tradeshow in February and am building 2 tables to be displayed at the show. 1 is going to be an oval traditional style and the other will be a more modern style round table. I'm including a few new features into these tables which I hope will make them really stand out.

For the oval table, it's a 44"x88" table with a raised rail, claw toed feet and a stretcher with suits engraved into it. It's also dyed black rather than stained.

Still working on it but here's the stretcher (don't mind the sawdust flying through the air caught by the camera flash).
2016-01-11 13.15.10.jpg

2016-01-11 13.15.01.jpg

For the round table, I'm doing an inverted pyramid in brushed aluminum. It's also going to get some dark walnut stained oak trim around the base so that it matches a bit more with the top which is also stained dark walnut. It's got a suede rail and will have a suited aluminum diffuser which is illuminated. It will have a racetrack as well.

2016-01-11 12.25.43.jpg

Both look great! I'm not sure what your plans are, but would think about painting the suits to make them stand out, just in the engraved outline. White for the club and spade, red for the heart and diamond.

Reactions: 72o
Looking great. I'm a traditionalist so I love the first set of legs.

I would love to be able to buy just those legs from you (only because I can't afford a full custom table yet). Possible?

Are those spraypainted boobs intentional?! Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

Both look great! I'm not sure what your plans are, but would think about painting the suits to make them stand out, just in the engraved outline. White for the club and spade, red for the heart and diamond.

Normally I would be all over that. But I'm trying to make the oval table a very elegant, traditional style and I'm afraid the red/white would stand out too much.

Looking great. I'm a traditionalist so I love the first set of legs.

I would love to be able to buy just those legs from you (only because I can't afford a full custom table yet). Possible?

Of course. Are you looking for the full set of legs with engraved stretcher, just the legs, just the stretcher and same questions stained or unfinished?

Great looking work!

Please explain dyed vs. stained. Is there an advantage to dying?

Thanks! Dying allows you to get deeper richer colors. Trying to get a black color like these legs with a stain is nearly impossible.

Are those spraypainted boobs intentional?! Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

Busted...

Updated photos of the now complete oval table. It's probably not obvious, but this table has a black leather rail. I liked working with the brown leather so much I decided to use leather again. I might stick to the brown next time though as it looked much nicer and stood out more.

I'm still working on the round one.

I'll bring my camera with me next time.

2016-01-13 19.16.45.jpg
2016-01-13 19.16.18.jpg
2016-01-13 19.08.03.jpg
2016-01-13 19.07.29.jpg
2016-01-13 19.07.17.jpg

After the show feel free to ship it down here. I'll make sure it gets shown around ;)

Also incredible work once again!

Hey Tony, looks awesome as usual. When and where is the show?
You sir are extremely lucky if you live anywhere close to Chanman.

I tried to get Tony to do a US world tour where he would travel across the country in his van building tables along the way....but no dice (can you believe it) :LOL: :laugh:

Very nice T_Chan, tables look great as expected...

Do you have a template for AI for some one to use to design their own custom cloth?.....to have you print it of course....

Thanks everyone.

I'll be at the BC Home and Garden Show. Feb 17-21 at BC Place. You're welcome to visit. Booth # 1612.

Sounds like it's time for me to start a Go Fund Me campaign to pay for my transamerica tour.

Unfortunately I don't have a template. I make all my designs from scratch. It's rare that any two cloths are the same size so I find it easier to just make a new file every time.

OK, ill just create one for the size I'm going for... Thank you, and good luck with the show.

Anything Tony posts is pretty much a like magnet. I'm not sure why his likes to post ratio isn't 234523450789134957823490578235490871345 to 1

Black leather? How much did that cost? Table looks great.

About $650 for the leather. I managed to get a hide big enough so that I didn't have any seams.

2016-01-13 17.47.12.jpg

I feel that its very nice. It's soft as a baby's bottom.

So what specials will you be offering at the show? Get a custom table built, and get a free upgrade to a custom cloth.
....that sounds awesome, thanks, your the best.;-)

I am going to be offering a discount to anyone who buys a table, 10% off. Unfortunately not everyone wants a custom cloth so it doesn't make a lot of sense to offer it as a free upgrade.

Just a few days away, getting ready to move in tomorrow.

Another experiment in progress. Making my own pedestal feet.

IMG_5039.JPG

That table is amazing. If I ever got around to trying something myself (no one within a 1,000 mile radius makes them) I'd like the rail to be alcantara.

The feet for pedestals is a success. Just finished a set of 4 in cherry wood in a Princess mold. Some photos of them along with them side by side the Oak Empire feet. They still need a final sanding. The Cherry feet have been sanded and stained and I'll post some photos once they're all finished.

2016-05-12 12.35.05.jpg
2016-05-12 12.34.58.jpg
2016-05-12 12.34.47.jpg
2016-05-12 12.34.39.jpg
2016-05-12 12.34.25.jpg
2016-05-12 12.30.27.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom