New China Clays (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ok, I love China Clays and I'm not ashamed to admit it. @Apache or anyone else, any news of any new designs coming?

Also can any of you chip gurus give any insights on the possibility of sharper edges on upcoming China clays?

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_085047829.jpg
    IMG_20200923_085047829.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_20200923_142216095.jpg
    IMG_20200923_142216095.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 429
Apache would most likely be the source of any new China clays and for the most recent issues like The Bank and Royals he actively gathered input from the community in advance. Since we haven’t heard anything else recently I don’t think anything is on the immediate horizon unfortunately.

Ok, I love China Clays and I'm not ashamed to admit it. @Apache or anyone else, any news of any new designs coming?

Also can any of you chip gurus give any insights on the possibility of sharper edges on upcoming China clays?
There is nothing wrong with this statement. I made a large tourney set out of the 8V's that @ABC Gifts and Awards sold a year agoish. I enjoy playing with them and so do my players. I've also got a semi-custom CPS set and the guys like them too. Nothing wrong with China Clays! Except the spirit molds. I made a semi-custom cash set out of those, and while I like the feel and sound. I end up destroying at least a couple chips after each game due to siginificant chips out of the chips. Yes, that was a three chip sentence.

Those Majestics are fine chips. I was considering them, and currently have Pharaohs. My group loves my Pharaohs.

I have the older Pharaohs from The Chip Room and they are different than the newer China Clays. The newer ones are more slippery and ever also slightly thinner. The older ones will not fit in 66.7mm racks, while the newer ones will. These older ones stack great, though.

I would suggest taking a few swipes on 600 or 800 grit sandpaper to each side. Your chips will be noticeably more grippy, and stack better.

I enjoyed CC as well it such a step up from APS & Metal slug chips, however being in Asia paulson are rare and much more expensive to get for me too.

I notice that in Asia Market, more and more people are having a liking of Ceramic over CC now, where you can get them at a really good price from China Market (0.29-0.50) whereas CC is at a much higher price at 0.40-0.65 range

There is nothing wrong with this statement. I made a large tourney set out of the 8V's that @ABC Gifts and Awards sold a year agoish. I enjoy playing with them and so do my players. I've also got a semi-custom CPS set and the guys like them too. Nothing wrong with China Clays! Except the spirit molds. I made a semi-custom cash set out of those, and while I like the feel and sound. I end up destroying at least a couple chips after each game due to siginificant chips out of the chips. Yes, that was a three chip sentence.
Those Palm Imports spirit molds were a surprising disappointment. I have one of their first sample sets, from prior to their adopting the Paulson Pharoahs color scheme. In mint condition, they’re 95% just like a Paulson—they sound right, stack right, even the colors were right.

Shame the damn things started disintegrating after a few years of play.

Those Palm Imports spirit molds were a surprising disappointment. I have one of their first sample sets, from prior to their adopting the Paulson Pharoahs color scheme. In mint condition, they’re 95% just like a Paulson—they sound right, stack right, even the colors were right.

Shame the damn things started disintegrating after a few years of play.
Yeah, the spirit molds look, feel, and sound the most like real clay of any CC, but they are incredibly fragile.

I also am very fond of the 8V’s. They stack and handle really well.

Yeah, the spirit molds look, feel, and sound the most like real clay of any CC, but they are incredibly fragile.

I also am very fond of the 8V’s. They stack and handle really well.
I had to look up what spirit molds were. Yes I have those for my bounty/seating chips and they are very soft and fragile. Chunks come out of them all the time and I have to replace them occasionally. No real issues with my Majestic‘s yet. I guess there are a few chips here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

I had to look up what spirit molds were. Yes I have those for my bounty/seating chips and they are very soft and fragile. Chunks come out of them all the time and I have to replace them occasionally. No real issues with my Majestic‘s yet. I guess there are a few chips here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.
Try Oiling them real good and in the oven at 125 135 for a few minutes it really hardened them up. However you can still break them in half just not as easily!!

I love CC too. Quick question - why do your Majestics look better than mine? Looks like you cleaned/oiled them? Maybe it's the photo but I'm surprised at the colors - my complaint about them was that the colors were less bright than the Royals.

I love CC too. Quick question - why do your Majestics look better than mine? Looks like you cleaned/oiled them? Maybe it's the photo but I'm surprised at the colors - my complaint about them was that the colors were less bright than the Royals.
Pretty sure since the chips are laid out on a towel and glistening that they had just received a nice oil bath.

Wow, I'll have to try that with my CC's. Mineral oil with water?
Depends on which China clays you have. I did it with my dunes in a water oil mixture and a lot of the stickers came off and I had to reapply them. So with the rest of the dunes I used a towel and hand oil them. The majestics were no problem at all. Yes mineral oil. Food grade

Just oiled a thousand of these bad boys last night. I have way too many chips this is my sixth set of 1,000 chips lol oh and a set of 700 chips

Attachments

• PXL_20210920_165821595.jpg
    PXL_20210920_165821595.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20210920_181333668.jpg
    PXL_20210920_181333668.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 135
  • PXL_20210921_010408019.jpg
    PXL_20210921_010408019.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 124
  • PXL_20210921_023150958.jpg
    PXL_20210921_023150958.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20210920_162226269.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20210920_162226269.NIGHT.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 131

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom