New Android tablet (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet. The new interface is nice. Multitasking works very well.

uploadfromtaptalk1409712369651.jpg

Nice. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.2 that I still use daily. I didn't think I'd like tablets (I won mine), but I have to say that I'm impressed with these.

I'm still setting mine up but I think I can finally leave my 17" Dell M6600 laptop at home and just take the tablet to work. Heavy image creation and editing will still need to be done on the PC but this will work.

What power setting does my laptop have to be in for remote pc to work? I left the laptop home today but was unable to connect via my tablet. I'm running Win 8.1 on my Dell M6600. I can't find the WOL setting.

Are you using a router w/firewall at home? Are you using a f/w on the Dell? If so, are there exceptions in the firewall(s) to allow the connection through?

If the Dell is behind a NAT firewall at home, you will have to setup a rule in the router to redirect the connection to the Dell.

I set that up. For some reason my Dell was shutting completely down in sleep mode. I switch it to hibernate and it seems to be working now.

Working out nicely. Thanks

Ha...I returned the Dell tablet.

Yeah...The Dell had some annoyances with the keyboard. So I got this instead. The design matches my Note 3 phone too :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom