New and from Europe, got a bit lost (2 Viewers)

Obesibas

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new-ish. I registered my account months ago, but got overwhelmed with all the information about chips and never posted anything. Recently my buddies and I got into hosting regular poker tournaments, but the set I am using is not really to my liking. I'd really like some advice about what a decent starter set is for somebody hosting tournaments for up to 20 players (only got two tables). My ultimate goal is to buy a custom set, but right now anything above 40 cents per chip is unfortunately not feasible. I have been searching the internet for a nice budget starter set, but because I live in Europe the options appear to be very limited.

Any advice, tips, and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hello and welcome!

Keep looking at the Classifieds for members looking to sell stock ceramic or 'China Clay' type sets. Good luck!
Thank you.

This is probably a pretty dumb question, but what is the difference between ceramic, clay, and china clay?

Welcome! Hope you are able to find a good deal on some chips for your tournaments!
Thank you! I have only hosted two tournaments as of yet and I am still figuring stuff out. Hopefully I'll be able to snag a set or two on the cheap to see what works and what doesn't, before I waste my money by buying a more expensive set with incorrect denominations.

Thank you.

This is probably a pretty dumb question, but what is the difference between ceramic, clay, and china clay?

You may want to check out the Resources section, and start browsing through the Glossary. This will allow you to recognize the strange code we often write in our posts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom