Never Seen Someone Run This Hot (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Played the 20k guaranteed $160 buyin tourney at Derby Lane this past weekend. Start with 40K chips, 100/100 blinds (with a big blind ante structure kicking in after a few levels) and 30 minute rounds.

I wound up rebuying after my KQ on a QT22 board got looked up by AT (I bet 2500 on the flop and shoved 7500 into a 10K pot on the turn) and he spiked a Ten.

So rebuy, at a new table. Asian guy on my right has a VP$iP of 1,000%. I shit you not this guy didn't have a working fold button.

He almost busted me early, an EP player raises, he calls, I fold :3s::3c: and there's a few more callers, flop is :as::3h::4d:. Well, this guy had called the preflop raise with :2s::5d: and flopped the joint. I most certainly would've stacked off to him. instead, a guy who was in LP and had called the raise with :ac::8s: spiked an :8h: turn to make two pair and stacked off instead.

Then this guy was in there with :kh::tc:, :qd::5s: (made two pair both times), :8h::4s: (flopped two pair, rivered the boat), called a raise with :9d::3c: and was up against :ah::kh: on a flop of :ad::td::3s: and chased to the river to spike a miracle :3h:

All this guy did was call, call, call. The ONE time in hours he chose to raise this old lady spazzed off her stack with pocket 9's on a Ten-high flop, clearly not paying attention. This guy had :qs::qc: and sent her home.

Then he's facing two preflop all-ins and exclaims "this is my favorite hand!" and calls with :kd::qd: (but not with the odds to do so) and he's up against :as::ks: and :ah::kc: and you know he spikes a :qs: on the river to bust them both.

There was another hand that he actually folded because there were THREE preflop all-ins. He folded Q5, he would've been up against AK, AK and AQ. The AQ flopped a Queen and the river was a 5 so he would've busted all three of them if he stuck around.

When the average stack was 75K this guy was on my right with half a million. I eventually made my stand UTG with :as::9c: and a 10BB stack and he was in the BB and said "I'll be the donkey who doubles you up" and he called with :4d::5d: and the flop was :ks::4c::5h: and that was it for me.

I imagine he wound up bubbling though, I mean, your luck has to run out at some point, right?

I was playing at PH a few weeks ago in Vegas. This nitty reg sat down at the table and killed our bomb pots, wouldn't straddle, was an uber nit in a fun Fri night game. He then proceeded to hit quads THREE times in the span of two orbits, never with a pocket pair and ran up a $150 stack to about $900 at which point he went for a "walk" for 30 min, came back played 2 hands in the next hour then racked up and left, lol.

I was playing at PH a few weeks ago in Vegas. This nitty reg sat down at the table and killed our bomb pots, wouldn't straddle, was an uber nit in a fun Fri night game. He then proceeded to hit quads THREE times in the span of two orbits, never with a pocket pair and ran up a $150 stack to about $900 at which point he went for a "walk" for 30 min, came back played 2 hands in the next hour then racked up and left, lol.

The only thing worse than losing is losing to a nit, knowing full well you likely have no chance at winning that money back.

Played the 20k guaranteed $160 buyin tourney at Derby Lane this past weekend. Start with 40K chips, 100/100 blinds (with a big blind ante structure kicking in after a few levels) and 30 minute rounds.

I wound up rebuying after my KQ on a QT22 board got looked up by AT (I bet 2500 on the flop and shoved 7500 into a 10K pot on the turn) and he spiked a Ten.

So rebuy, at a new table. Asian guy on my right has a VP$iP of 1,000%. I shit you not this guy didn't have a working fold button.

He almost busted me early, an EP player raises, he calls, I fold :3s::3c: and there's a few more callers, flop is :as::3h::4d:. Well, this guy had called the preflop raise with :2s::5d: and flopped the joint. I most certainly would've stacked off to him. instead, a guy who was in LP and had called the raise with :ac::8s: spiked an :8h: turn to make two pair and stacked off instead.

Then this guy was in there with :kh::tc:, :qd::5s: (made two pair both times), :8h::4s: (flopped two pair, rivered the boat), called a raise with :9d::3c: and was up against :ah::kh: on a flop of :ad::td::3s: and chased to the river to spike a miracle :3h:

All this guy did was call, call, call. The ONE time in hours he chose to raise this old lady spazzed off her stack with pocket 9's on a Ten-high flop, clearly not paying attention. This guy had :qs::qc: and sent her home.

Then he's facing two preflop all-ins and exclaims "this is my favorite hand!" and calls with :kd::qd: (but not with the odds to do so) and he's up against :as::ks: and :ah::kc: and you know he spikes a :qs: on the river to bust them both.

There was another hand that he actually folded because there were THREE preflop all-ins. He folded Q5, he would've been up against AK, AK and AQ. The AQ flopped a Queen and the river was a 5 so he would've busted all three of them if he stuck around.

When the average stack was 75K this guy was on my right with half a million. I eventually made my stand UTG with :as::9c: and a 10BB stack and he was in the BB and said "I'll be the donkey who doubles you up" and he called with :4d::5d: and the flop was :ks::4c::5h: and that was it for me.

I imagine he wound up bubbling though, I mean, your luck has to run out at some point, right?
I played against this same guy in a tournament last weekend. I think he might have actually seen every flop - always limping or calling with crap, and just kept catching stupid hands. He caught the river 7 times in about 90 minutes. And he wasn't the only one at the table playing awful poker. It actually might have been the worst table I've ever played at. There was actually a 4-way all-in at one point (and this wasn't the "everybody is short stacked" point of the tournament, either.) And I was card dead for two hours and just had to sit there and watch it all happen. But anyway, crazy calling guy was the chipleader when our table broke. His luck changed at the new table and he was out within 20 minutes - so disheartening to see people at another table get to collect those chips.

There was a guy at my 2nd table as well playing like a full on retard. he was in there with 24 off chasing on a flop of 578 when another player check-raised the flop HUGE with pocket 5's guy chased him to the river to spike the miracle 6.

If it was a poker movie it'd have been titled Day Of The Donkeys

One guy at my table open jammed a 12k stack preflop, out of position TWICE when the blinds were 300/600. He did it a 3rd time and maniac play every hand guy called him with Q8 suited, and caught his 8 on the river.

earlier this year at @k9dr Suicide Queen Melee there was a maniac at my table who busted @Ben This guy was just running hot, couldn't miss and was busting fools left and right and bullying the table with a big stack pretty early on.

Ben raised from the SB with :kh::ks: and this maniac called him with :qd::2d: and then after Ben c-bet the Q-high flop the maniac just shoved on him. Ben got it all-in and then the maniac was like "oh good, I have outs!" and promptly spiked a deuce on the turn to send Ben to the rail. Some guys get all the luck I tell ya!

I think the guy came in 3rd and won a trophy or something

Last edited:
These are always the guys who end up dumping their stack shortly after move I tables or bust out.

Played in a 70 person tourney at Harrahs in AC a few weeks ago. This old guy to my left called and bet at every pot. He was catching crazy cards and amassed the biggest stack there by at least least 3x the next highest with three tables left. Tourney consolidates to two and he is moved. I go out as the short stack about 30 mins later. As I’m leaving I look to see his stack and he had lost at least 95% of it and was now the table short stack. In 30 mins!!!

earlier this year at @k9dr Suicide Queen Melee there was a maniac at my table who busted @Ben This guy was just running hot, couldn't miss and was busting fools left and right and bullying the table with a big stack pretty early on.

Ben raised from the SB with :kh::ks: and this maniac called him with :qd::2d: and then after Ben c-bet the Q-high flop the maniac just shoved on him. Ben got it all-in and then the maniac was like "oh good, I have outs!" and promptly spiked a deuce on the turn to send Ben to the rail. Some guys get all the luck I tell ya!

I think the guy came in 3rd and won a trophy or something

I think I know the guy you're talking about! Did he look like this?

wpt2-jpg.182050

I always play like a retard, but every so often fortune smiles. A couple years back at cash game at The Post I got hit by the deck for several hours and experienced my only instance of God Mode ever. When you’re hitting every hand, go with it and play every hand. (poker sorry @bivey)

If you had attended the Great Divide you might have seen @detroitdad run this hot in the main event. Except his luck didn't run out vs the much smaller field.

It started with the second hand when I scooped a pot and knocked @inca911 out of the tourney and continued until I took first place. I don't think I have ever ran like that over a 4 hour period.

I had exactly one dry spell. I folded 6 hands in a row (an entire orbit of Draw2maha).

It started with the second hand when I scooped a pot and knocked @inca911 out of the tourney and continued until I took first place. I don't think I have ever ran like that over a 4 hour period.

I had exactly one dry spell. I folded 6 hands in a row (an entire orbit of Draw2maha).

I mean the real downturn was when I runner runner runnered you, but it was just a blip during your complete steam roll of the tournament!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom