Nevada Jacks - Travel Set (1 Viewer)

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
transparent_header_logo_360x.png

Intro
I used own to a Nevada Jacks tournament set but I recently sold it as I have too many tournament sets for my use.
I always loved this series for several reasons: the artwork, the fact that this series has a lot of accessoires (cards, dealer, bounties, ...) and because of the textured surface of the chips. So I decided to keep the small travel set I had. This pr0n focuses on this small one.
These are available at @ABC Gifts and Awards .

Composition of the set
The set is mainly intended to be used as a head-up set but it can also serve as a travel set for 5-max games.
For head-up, the set support any starting stack ranging from 5,000 to 7,000 (20/20/x) on opening blinds 25-50 or 25-25.
For 5 players games, the set supports 2,5000 starting stacks (8/8/3) on opening blinds 25-25.

$25 x 40
$100 x 40
$500 x 20 (incl. the ones to chip race the $25)
Setup of plastic cards x 2
Dealer x 1
100-ct case
Small neoprene felt (60x40cm)

Photos
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Kid.

Last edited:
Always love a good nevada jacks pr0n.
They were my first real chipset after the dice ones, aquired about 14 years ago. I'm about to replace my trusty 300 NJ set, but am still undecided on where to go from here.
What purpose do the paperdividers serve between the stacks in the case?

What purpose do the paperdividers serve between the stacks in the case?

I do this to prevent color transfers between the chips of different colors.

I don't know if it helps but, in doubt, I prefer to do it.

Did you have that issue in the past with nevada jacks? As i said, i've been using a 300 set for 16 years now on a monthly basis and never caught any color transfer between chips. Although i do store the colors seperatly, they do come into contact with each other pretty regularly in play. ;)

I’ve never faced the issue so I’m maybe over-cautious. But since they are in contact while being stored (and not just when in play) I prefer to avoid any risk.

Again I don’t know if it really helps but, in doubt, I prefer to be cautious.

I've updated the breakdown to 40/40/20 to (1) have even barrels and (2) cover up to 5 players.
Heads-up : 5000 to 7000 on opening blinds 25-25 or 25-75
Up to 5-max : 2500 on opening blinds 25-25 (100BB)

I'm very pleased with this small travel set.

Hey! I love how compact your set is and I've been thinking of making one like that so I could play anywhere with friends.
Would this also work with 1/5/25 denoms? I'm also wondering about buying more chips as a backup or for games with a higher number of players. If I were to increase the number of chips, should I still keep this 40/40/20 ratio?

1/5/20 would be better than 1/5/25 but still you'll be limited to 4 players.
5 players would work with tourneys with 25/100/500 or .25 / 1 / 5.
40/40/20 is the way to go in any case.

1/5/20 would be better than 1/5/25 but still you'll be limited to 4 players.
5 players would work with tourneys with 25/100/500 or .25 / 1 / 5.
40/40/20 is the way to go in any case.
Thanks for the advice. I'm sort of unfamiliar with breakdowns so I don't understand how I am limited to 4 players with a 1/5/25 denom... Also, I was planning on playing cash games rather than tourneys if that makes any difference?

Let's say you want to make $100 stacks on starting blinds 1-1.

It'll be probably 10/10/2 (if $20 chips are used) or 10/8/2 (if $25 chips are used).

So 40/40/20 can cover max 4 players.

Let's say you want to make $100 stacks on starting blinds 1-1.

It'll be probably 10/10/2 (if $20 chips are used) or 10/8/2 (if $25 chips are used).

So 40/40/20 can cover max 4 players.
Oh I thought you could just reduce the buy-in so that you would get 10/10/5 for four players and 8/8/4 for five players... I assumed that you would be using as many chips as you could for your games. Is there a reason not too in cash games?

But with 8 $1 only it'd be a strange/unconventional buyin amount. If you don't care it might work for you.

My breakdown is fine for tourney. For cash you need more chips. 100 chips might be good for a heads-up cash set...

But with 8 $1 only it'd be a strange/unconventional buyin amount. If you don't care it might work for you.

My breakdown is fine for tourney. For cash you need more chips. 100 chips might be good for a heads-up cash set...
Okay I'm starting to understand. Well, we're not playing with real money involved so I might as well ignore the buy-in amounts. I guess 100 chips would be enough for shallow games?
One last thing I don't understand, why is 1/5/20 better than 1/5/25? Also, how would .25/1/5 compare to those two?

So if no money is involved, go with tournament game.

With 1/5/20 you have 10 x $5 in a $100 starting stack (10/10/2). With 1/5/25 you have only 8 x $5 (10/8/2).

Yes, the neoprene felt has to be carried separately. It has its soft cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom