Found Neutral-colored RHC ones (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update here. I decided to go with these used Horseshoe THCs from @DoubleEagle.

1547310276811.jpeg

I know, I know. Wrong mold. That’ll tilt me a bit, but it’s also a great way to get some hands-on time with both molds for comparison purposes. This is applied research.

And I LOVE the colors. I think they’ll fit the theme nicely.

With the ones and fives purchased, we’ve got the heart of the set figured out. Next I’ll need quarters and eventually $25s. I think the quarters are going to be pretty hard. I’d like to find something that’s already been labeled over and that also fits the color scheme. Open to suggestions. I’ll update the OP to reflect the new search.

@Davism72 - I feel like you are telling my story with your used mixed set. I started out the exact same way. Got the GC $5s cause they were cheap and I wanted something different than red 5s. Then grabbed some HS Cleveland $1s ( ok some to me was 1000 of them, I wanted this to be a limit set as well ) and yes they look great with the $5s, if you ignore the different molds. I didn't care at the time about the mixed molds but it eventually tilted me big time. For quarters, I bought 3 racks of Joker's Wild fracs ( they are THC as well, but they are orange and I'm a sucker for an orange chip ). For $25s, I went with Grand Vics primaries and for the $100 I used Aztar IN primary. Then the tweaking began. First I swapped out the $100s for Aztar IN secondaries. Then traded the GVs for HS Cleveland $25 primary and finally replaced the $1s with the Cleo Cable Bridge ( but only 400 of them, I don't have people who play limit, yet I kept all the HS $1s. I might build a used THC set around them? ). And now I'm looking for a RHC chip to use as a quarter. I have a rack of the Aztar IN $5s that is a placeholder for now.

So I know what you are going through. My advice is don't rush it because you'll probably wind up swapping out 1 or more denominations over time. But I guess that is the fun in it, especially with mixed sets. Enjoy.

@arch3r So I actually feel kind of bad about that. Not too bad, but a little. I thought I was being clever with the GCs and that they’d make the set unique. Since then, I’ve seen a few other WTS ads and thought that maybe I wasn’t so clever after all.

I don’t know, I guess it’s to be expected. They’re used chips, and this is a secondary market, so similar sets are to be expected. Still a bit of a bummer though.

It’s cool of you to help me out even though it makes your set(s) a little less unique.

Also thinking that the idea of a mixed set is actually sort of limiting. It’s what I’m doing now, because I want a playable set of chips, but I don’t think it’s the optimal solution. What would be better is to only buy chips you love, regardless of denomination, mold, size, and quality. Then anytime you play, you get to choose which chips to put on the table.

Anybody else doing it this way? I really love the cohesion of a truly custom set, and I want my own customs some day, but for mixed chips I think I might prefer the grab bag method.

How about an orange solid THC mold to match the $1s.

And what denom are you looking for -- 25 cent, 50 cent, or none (no cash value/NCV)?
[Edit, nevermind, I just looked back in the OP, and saw you're looking for quarters.]

How about an orange solid THC mold to match the $1s.

Sort of a cool idea! Could be like a sunset color.

Regarding denom, I'm looking for quarter through five right now. Eventually will add a 25 and a 100. And even further down the road, if I ever get around to relabeling these, the denoms might change to include a nickel. Not sure yet. I'd also played with the idea of making the GCs the quarter and finding another five.

Nice. I like the yellow too. How about the Yellow or Peach solids in good condition that @allforcharity has for sale right now -- in this thread (see post #3 for quantities--may need to check with him for updated quantities, though). Those used Cal-Neva hotstamps might be worn flat enough in the inlay that milling might not be required for a label to look good over it.

The Paulson Peach color is a vibrant/flourescent color that photos won't do justice of.

Nice. I like the yellow too. How about the Yellow or Peach solids in good condition that @allforcharity has for sale right now -- in this thread (see post #3 for quantities--may need to check with him for updated quantities, though). Those used Cal-Neva hotstamps might be worn flat enough in the inlay that milling might not be required for a label to look good over it.

The Paulson Peach color is a vibrant/flourescent color that photos won't do justice of.

Thanks for advertising! Warning: my "Peach" is actually more pinkish than orangish, it actually doesn't perfectly match up to my Paulson colour sample, which is not that surprising because the chips have probably been stored for almost 30 years in less than ideal conditions, and they were filthy before I cleaned them with the ultrasonic. The colour you might want to look for is Arc Yellow (but unfortunately I don't have any).

Oh yeah, if I go this route, he's definitely my guy. I think I actually really like the idea.

@allforcharity Are all the yellows gone?

Not quite. I do have a fair amount of interest in them, though. There are still some quantities that I could order in. Most likely to be "Fair" condition though, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for lots more in "Good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom