Netflix just pissed me off (1 Viewer)

Mangatang

Straight
Reaction score
I love movies. A good film is art to me. I just finished a film that touched me. The closing credits start, and I’m enjoying the end music and just want to sit and reflect on the emotions the film inspired.

What does Netflix do? Automatically start up a new preview. I only have a few seconds to opt out, but even when I do, I cannot get back to the credits. It totally messed up the whole vibe I was feeling. It messed up the end of the movie for me. Not to mention disrespecting all the hard-working people it took to create this piece of art.

I understand that not everyone likes to watch the credits, but for the love of god, give me the option of doing so.

Just found this, not sure if it works:
  • How To Disable Autoplay:
    1. Sign in to Netflix on a Web Browser.
    2. Left-click the icon in the top-right corner — select Manage Profiles from the drop-down menu.
    3. Select the profile you want to alter.
    4. On the Edit Profile menu, uncheck the options under Autoplay Controls.
    5. Left-click Save to complete these changes.
There are two new boxes you can toggle on / off under Autoplay Controls.

• Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices.
  • Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices.
Unchecking these boxes will disable autoplay on all devices — so you won’t have to deal with autoplay on your console or smart devices. It might take some time for these changes to take effect, so don’t expect an instant change on all your devices. If you want to force an update, just swap to a different profile, then swap back to the profile you want to use.

2. Left-click the icon in the top-right corner — select Manage Profiles from the drop-down menu.

Unchecking these boxes will disable autoplay on all devices — so you won’t have to deal with autoplay on your console or smart devices. It might take some time for these changes to take effect, so don’t expect an instant change on all your devices. If you want to force an update, just swap to a different profile, then swap back to the profile you want to use.
Thanks. Good information. I watch it from my TV from my cable box as a third party app, so I hope this will still work.

I love movies. A good film is art to me. I just finished a film that touched me. The closing credits start, and I’m enjoying the end music and just want to sit and reflect on the emotions the film inspired.

What does Netflix do? Automatically start up a new preview. I only have a few seconds to opt out, but even when I do, I cannot get back to the credits. It totally messed up the whole vibe I was feeling. It messed up the end of the movie for me. Not to mention disrespecting all the hard-working people it took to create this piece of art.

I understand that not everyone likes to watch the credits, but for the love of god, give me the option of doing so.
Agree completely but most of them time it’s “hurry up and put on the next the office episode”!

If that is the worse your day is going, then I'd say your running hot.

This is something I've wanted FOREVER, but every time I checked it didn't exist. I had given up; I was convinced that Netflix was simply never going to offer it.

I just made the change to my profile, so I'm hoping that I'll notice a difference in the next day or so. Thanks for the heads-up!

How on Earth would they handle Ferris Bueller? :mad:
I don't know about Netflix, but Disney+ has an awesome "skip the credits" button that allows you to go directly to a post-credits scene if the movie has one (Ferris Bueller, Marvel, etc.).

While, like OP, I do sometimes enjoy watching the credits (and I hate those damned autoplay previews), if a movie has a post-credits scene, I really like the option of going straight there.

This is something I've wanted FOREVER, but every time I checked it didn't exist. I had given up; I was convinced that Netflix was simply never going to offer it.

I just made the change to my profile, so I'm hoping that I'll notice a difference in the next day or so. Thanks for the heads-up!
I checked this tonight on my Roku TV, and it works perfectly. Not a single unrequested video played.

This works! Thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom