Need some advice on a new set... (1 Viewer)

JoeyKnish

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi,So about 6 years ago I purchased a set of Desert Palms and they have been in heavy rotation since day 1.I host a game every week and the chips are shuffled, splashed, etc for 6 hours a week.My $1 and $5 are starting to chip and leave flakes everywhere so I believe it's time for a new set.I was leaning towards the Pharoahs but I read that the flaking is now a constant issue.With that said are there any similarly priced and quality chips that are new these days?Thanks for all of the help!Joey

Championship Poker Series, cash set:

http://www.apachepokerchips.com/championship-poker-series.html

cpscash.jpg

The Pharaohs flake? I'll need to search that issue as i've used mine a lot since they first came to market and havn't had a single issue. Either way you shouldn't use the same set for 6 straight years. There are too many nice sets out there. :D You won't find anything newer than those CPS chips as shown above.

The unfortunate thing about the nickel is that the orange chip is the nuts. Would have been great for the colors to have been swapped between the nickel and the $20.

The unfortunate thing about the nickel is that the orange chip is the nuts. Would have been great for the colors to have been swapped between the nickel and the $20.

Uh. No.

Some of us still use nickels in our cash games. So it nice to finally see a decent looking value priced nickel. IMO most of the other nickels look like dog $#it. YMMV ;)

Reactions: 72o
In a perfect world, the Orange would have been the quarter... Just sayin

..but there's always the customs if you want to pony up for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom