Need plans for table with dealer cutout (1 Viewer)

brains613

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've built a few tables, but always from plans. With the SK forums gone, I need plans for a full size oval table with dealer cutout. No tray, just a dealer position.

I could probably wing it, but I've tried that before my first build, and after. Neither try produced anything other than scrap plywood pieces, wasted money, and wasted time. (Oh, and I also cut a slice into a mini fridge.)

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Dimensions? Rail width? Cup holders? Dealer cutout size? Raised rail? What type of legs? Racetrack?

Dimensions? Rail width? Cup holders? Dealer cutout size? Raised rail? What type of legs? Racetrack?

96x48 - If I can find plans to make it a little longer, that's fine too.
5-6 inches
In the rail, again, if the plans call for. But also considering just using slide-unders.
No idea. This is why I need plans. What should this be if I want to be able to have 10 player seats?
I would like a raised rail, but depends on complexity, and whether I can find someone to make the wood cuts.
Pedestals, most likely. Open to ideas, but the table doesn't have to be mobile.
No way.

I had links to the several tables I wanted to replicate, but they all go to dead sites... I could find some examples now. I've been trying to piece together the plan from what I can find, but I'm worried that without a complete plan, measurements and all, that I'll end up with more scrap wood. I have a few builds under my belt, so I'm not completely helpless. It's my intention to build a "nicer" table this time, which I think causing the apprehension.

Built this one, but used a metal template a former associate made for me.

P1050972.jpg

And these from plans online:
table1_zps3877zuxk.jpeg

table2_zpsbrycepfi.jpeg

table3_zpsfawhrqso.jpeg

My first table was 48" wide (plus a little more from outside rail to outside rail) and it was a tad too wide for my taste. Just my 2¢.

96x48 - If I can find plans to make it a little longer
I would say 44" wide is as wide as you want to go. The extra 4" can make a big difference trying to reach across the table. 44"x96" is large enough to fit players, over 23" of rail space per player.

5-6 inches
I do 6" as standard, I feel its' a good size. Plus then you can add cup holders into the rail. 5" is a bit small to do that.

In the rail, again, if the plans call for. But also considering just using slide-unders.
I'm not a fan of the slide under cup holders but that's just my personal preference. When you introduce space under the rail for cup holders, you also introduce that space for cards to slide into.

I would like a raised rail, but depends on complexity, and whether I can find someone to make the wood cuts.
A 3/4" wood raised rail is easy. Just takes another sheet of plywood.

Pedestals, most likely. Open to ideas, but the table doesn't have to be mobile.
This should be determined beforehand. I always plan the bolt holes and countersunk holes for washers into the design. 8" peds? 7"? 10"? 8" is standard for this size of table. You should also think about orientation if you want wood pedestals. Would you want them as an X X or + + or add a stretcher for >---< footprint.

No argument.

The tables you've built look great. You should have no problem building another table with some upgrades.

Oops, forgot about this thread. Still looking for plans?

Well, sort of. I'm trying to piece something together from what I can find. Gonna try an mimic this as best I can.

http://imgur.com/a/Q54gK

Still trying to figure out the diffuser part, but mostly just ordering materials. Also trying to decide what do about the legs/pedestal. That's the only part undecided now.

Actually, this is the better link. Has the cutout picture.

http://blog.brodie.me/2014/05/diy-poker-table.html

Last edited:
I don't have any pre-made plans of a table with a lighted raised rail and a dealer cutout. I have drawings of one and the other but not combined. I've made them in the past but can't find the plans.

Sure, but my plans aren't really plans. They're CNC drawings so there's no dimensions. I draw these from memory for each table.

This one is 44"x96".

Rail: 3/4: plywood. The middle oval turns into the sub-base. The small circles around the perimeter of the sub base are for bolts. The middle rectangle is to mount the pedestal. The off center circle in the middle is a hole for the plug.
Screenshot 2015-10-29 00.30.32.png

Raised rail: 1/2" plywood. You can ignore the dots. Spacers are added around the outside and inside oval rings. The middle piece becomes the playing surface.
Screenshot 2015-10-29 00.30.41.png

Base: 3/4" plywood. The circles are bolt holes.The middle square is for a battery mount. The double circle is for the plug and the line is engraved to run the wires.
Screenshot 2015-10-29 00.30.53.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom