Need info about Alibaba/CardMolds... (1 Viewer)

GateteLucky

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi!

I am searching all I can but I still don't get it.

What do you mean when you say Card Molds? It is a chinese chip with card mark on the outside, or its a brand?

Do more that one manufacturer make them?

Is there any form of getting them directly from an Alibaba shop with good reviews?

cards mold are ceramic chips with card imprints on the actual chip not just printed on
boomtown1.jpg

there are several distributers on alibaba who make the final printed product. 2 specific ones have been used here for group buys

i think the diamond mold looks much nicer, i got a quote for 500piece set, it was 38c a chip, but then they wanted $120 for shipping. kind of a deal breaker i think .

The basic deal is that they are fully custom printed ceramics (most popular is the chip mold with little card imprints although there are others available) that are sold by a commercial dealer accessed through Alibaba at very inexpensive prices (especially for fully custom chips) a fraction of what others would cost. However, to achieve the real cost benefits you need to group up with others to reach efficient per chip pricing and shipping costs. Also, it is a commercial seller, not a retail seller so they are not used to dealing with retail orders and do not have a retail interface.

@JustDave posted the details

Last edited:
The basic deal is that they are fully custom printed ceramics (most popular is the chip mold with little card imprints although there are others available) that are sold by a commercial dealer accessed through Alibaba at very inexpensive prices (especially for fully custom chips) a fraction of what others would cost. However, to achieve the real cost benefits you need to group up with others to reach efficient per chip pricing and shipping costs. Also, it is a commercial seller, not a retail seller so they are not used to dealing with retail orders and do not have a retail interface.

@JustDave posted the details

One thing is bothering me, and I don't know if it is true or not true, so I'm asking for clarification. Is this Chinese commercial dealer the one that openly advertised a copy of the DDLM chip graphics as part of their product line without BR Pro's knowledge?

two different companies have been used on the group buy. Th one in the last group buy I was in I have not seen any DDLM chips displayed by them. The do advertise the EPT chips.

One thing is bothering me, and I don't know if it is true or not true, so I'm asking for clarification. Is this Chinese commercial dealer the one that openly advertised a copy of the DDLM chip graphics as part of their product line without BR Pro's knowledge?

Not that I am aware of. But also this isn’t a retailer so I am not aware of any advertising they are doing. They don’t even have a website as far as I know.

that's why we do group buys not hit as hard by shipping comes out to around .30/chip shipped
On the other hand... call it express shipping. Don’t have to wait at the tail end of the GB....

On the other hand... call it express shipping. Don’t have to wait at the tail end of the GB....

Or just order 10,000 chips.....

I am still not sure what company we used in the Can/US group buy I just participated in. The chips are somewhere inbound to America now. Production was shockingly fast....design submission to samples were ~24-48hrs and full production just a couple of days after...... They made nearly 30k chips in just a few days. Very excited to receive my order......

So far from what I have seen I would happily re-order again. Aside from ordering less common denoms like .10c, .50c, $2, $2.50, $50, $25,000 chips I don't have a realistic need for more chips as I have ordered so many already in the Sloth Club theme. 2 big sets 2k CPC's and 3575 China Clays..... I don't own have enough tables to field them all at once yet.

Last edited:
Or just order 10,000 chips.....

I am still not sure what company we used in the Can/US group buy I just participated in. The chips are somewhere inbound to America now. Production was shockingly fast....design submission to samples were ~24-28hrs and full production just a couple of days after...... They made nearly 30k chips in just a few days. Very excited to receive my order......

So far from what I have seen I would happily re-order again. Aside from ordering less common denoms like .10c, .50c, $2, $2.50, $50, $25,000 chips I don't have a realistic need for more chips as I have ordered so many already in the Sloth Club theme. 2 big sets 2k CPC's and 3575 China Clays..... I don't own have enough tables to field them all at once yet.
Don't know if I am allowed to put the company information out publicly but anyone who wants it can PM me.

Don't know if I am allowed to put the company information out publicly but anyone who wants it can PM me.
I have just avoided posting it publicly (but happy to answer any questions and to share privately as well) because I am worried a ton of people are going to ask the same fifty questions that could easily be answered here and they will get tired of dealing with us. They have already raised the price on us once after the first group big group buy. They aren’t set up for retail orders which confusing the averages chipper and frustrates them when they get asked the same basic but repetitive questions.

I have just avoided posting it publicly (but happy to answer any questions and to share privately as well) because I am worried a ton of people are going to ask the same fifty questions that could easily be answered here and they will get tired of dealing with us. They have already raised the price on us once after the first group big group buy. They aren’t set up for retail orders which confusing the averages chipper and frustrates them when they get asked the same basic but repetitive questions.
the recent US/CAN group buy used a different supplier than Tina.

Oh got it. Thanks. I know they were having cost issues with shipping and payment. I will have to ask them what inspired the change.

Other company was slightly cheaper and not backed up on production. chips were done and put on the boat in 2 weeks, they are already on the way.

Why is everyone reluctant to publicly name these two companies? It's not a secret, but for some reason to find out what they are you have to PM someone who knows rather than just reading any of the several dozen posts where we talk about these companies without actually naming them.

I am worried a ton of people are going to ask the same fifty questions that could easily be answered here and they will get tired of dealing with us.
I would be surprised if a company ever got tired of talking to paying customers and taking orders.

Why is everyone reluctant to publicly name these two companies? It's not a secret, but for some reason to find out what they are you have to PM someone who knows rather than just reading any of the several dozen posts where we talk about these companies without actually naming them.
I’m guessing that since these companies are not paid vendors, and they are in direct competition with very well liked paid PCF vendors, better to share their info privately?
Just guessing, could be completely wrong...

I would be surprised if a company ever got tired of talking to paying customers and taking orders.

Well, there is a difference between commercial and retail markets. I don’t think they want to field 20 questions and walk them through submitting a properly formatted AI file from someone looking to order a 400 STT. And the cost from the noise is the price going up for everyone else which has already happened.

I’m guessing that since these companies are not paid vendors, and they are in direct competition with very well liked paid PCF vendors, better to share their info privately?
Just guessing, could be completely wrong...

It doesn’t have anything to do with that. It is about trying to protect the price for everyone seriously submitting orders.

I explained it above. But it is a commercial seller, not a retailer. The “company” is an email address. There is no website to go to. Several PCFers have spent a lot of time figuring out all of the answers to the questions that people are going to ask a commercial seller that has no website and no public information on chips. Continued persistence bombarding them with the same questions will drive up the prices for us all. I myself, and others, are happy to answer any questions in addition to pointing you to the threads we have posted with the specifics to help you organize your order and your group to get going. We are both trying to prevent you from ordering anything. To the contrary. Just let me know what questions you have or if you want to order I will give you the info but I want to prep people first to make sure they get the best price possible because there are no public prices listed.

You (or someone) should probably write up a post with the information that you'd be giving someone via PMs.

You (or someone) should probably write up a post with the information that you'd be giving someone via PMs.

I actually spent some time compiling that info and writing it all down for the community into a specific public thread that was referenced by @JustDave in post #3 at the top of this thread. It’s here (let me know if you have any questions)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/

The point of the PM isn’t the info about the chips, it is just the contacts’s email address.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom