Need Ideas! CPC Bounty Chip for the Barrel House (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a bounty chip to my CPC Barrel House tourney customs as part of an add-on order and would love some ideas from the collective CPC brain trust. Here are the chips:

Primary:

Secondary:

More photos/info on the set available here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/the-barrel-house-custom-cpc-hhr-tourney-pron.41944/

The set already has a lot of different chips and colors (and I have future plans to eventually add a mandarin red T5) - so the challenge is designing a chip where a single bounty chip won't get lost in any of the existing stacks by accident. Ideally I'd like something bright that stands out, but considering I already have DG green, DG Tiger and Canary base chips, I'm running out of colors and options. I was thinking either DG pink, chocolate, or butterscotch could work, and I do have a few preliminary designs in mind, but I'm open to pretty much anything. So, I'm going to hold off posting those at the moment and see if anyone feels like getting their hands into the chip designer and offering up some fresh ideas.

edited to add:
These will be on either the HHR mold like the rest of the set or the 44m scroll mold. There's no limit on colors/spot patterns, aside from avoiding the base colors already in use (especially if I go HHR), which are:

T25 - DG Green
T100 - Black
T500 - Blurple
T1000 - DG Tiger
T5000 - Imperial Blue
T20,000 - White
T25,000 - Canary

Any input/ideas/mock-ups would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Option 1: using a spot pattern like quarter pie would stand out from the regular chips. I like a brown scheme, perhaps maroon x light chocolate.

Option 2: you could go a white bounty and just commit to using 25k on those tournaments vs the 20k, and options are basically endless there

Irish 1.png

Oversized Scroll mold?

I would love to go 44mm, but given the minimum order size I don't think that option is on the table. I'm looking at 40-50 bounty chips, tops.

Yeah pink or red definitely needs to be in there somewhere I think. I would be a little hesitant with a dg pink base and your dg tiger T1000. But maybe the spot colors will suffice in differentiating the 2?

Yeah pink or red definitely needs to be in there somewhere I think. I would be a little hesitant with a dg pink base and your dg tiger T1000. But maybe the spot colors will suffice in differentiating the 2?

Agreed on DG pink, but I think as long as the spots are different, like what chippy posted above, that the two would be OK together. I have plans to add a red T5 at some point, something like one of these:

0c10faa8-bcea-441c-9839-e7b7e2d6bbf0.png
669fd930-0d6f-445b-9fb0-ee93dacb477f.png
d61ae4fe-2e5a-48e4-b8e2-0f6dbd9aebe8.png

I like the tri-moon on a DG pink chip for a bounty, FWIW... no clue if these spot colors would jive in real life, but they look nice and loud/vibrant on screen lol... almost like a BTP-looking theme

Bounty Chip.png

Oversized Scroll mold?

So....... it may take some time to get these, but this option is back on the table. So that begs the question - if we go with an over sized bounty chip that will make it very easy to distinguish from the rest of the set, does that put essentially the entire color palette back on the table?

I'd still want the bounty chips color to stand out. My top choice would be oversized red, with either the 4V12 or 514 spot pattern.

I don't remember if I commented on your original post, but it bears repeating...these are terrific!

Here are some ideas I had started with for a HHR option, in no particular order. And I checked my color samples last night, @Chippy McChiperson you're right on with the colors you posted, retro red & DG pink have the best color compatibility of the reds (IMHO).

d42120c7-2112-4f79-a57b-9f0f42867aad.png

I'd still want the bounty chips color to stand out. My top choice would be oversized red, with either the 4V12 or 514 spot pattern.

I don't remember if I commented on your original post, but it bears repeating...these are terrific!

Thanks!

Those are the options I was initially gravitating towards when I started mocking up 44 - red and 4V12:

3bad9b91-5a10-4c8b-9dbe-90670a99538e.png

Some potential DG pink 44s, not sure if I like these yet....

314a6135-9560-4a20-b6b0-620c1f206721.png

Bump for an update, I'm considering going with a black inverted inlay for the bounties for this set, below are a few options. Let me know what you think (other suggestions welcome as well) ! I'm currently leaning towards #2.

mc_bh_inlay_front_bounty1.jpg

mc_bh_inlay_front_bounty2.jpg

mc_bh_inlay_front_bounty3.jpg

mc_bh_inlay_front_bounty4.jpg

Last edited:
39mm pink options:

fa035bed-d4ac-421b-8d38-df9921902486.png

44mm red options:
f7299f8b-87a2-4f1d-94d6-82651a85bd7f.png

44mm pink options:
c14f7428-470f-4335-8fc3-6a2c3612af2b.png

Current leading options, together with the set:

983d7346-ff6d-4057-a10f-3bbdb69f0ae3.png

cae3863d-d8ca-4ff9-b361-0f739980ebcc.png

17085dc2-1c49-494a-9813-97ddbed3d701.png

1b2d837e-acad-4471-9d3e-f964c9dea219.png

8d429e28-64ea-44eb-83f9-8418d65772d5.png

always the odd ball.. I like option 2, I skipped part of the thread, @Irish did you decide to not make a T5 chip and that's why the bounty is going to be red? As soon as I looked at your set I said... red bounty just like @krafticus but I like the option of a T5 chip also and was thinking gray which I also saw someone suggested early on. Whatever you go with insure they will be amazing. Just wanted to say again! Great job buddy those chips are absolutely beautiful!!! Hope @FordPickup92 and I can make it up sometime for a game!

always the odd ball.. I like option 2, I skipped part of the thread, @Irish did you decide to not make a T5 chip and that's why the bounty is going to be red? As soon as I looked at your set I said... red bounty just like @krafticus but I like the option of a T5 chip also and was thinking gray which I also saw someone suggested early on. Whatever you go with insure they will be amazing. Just wanted to say again! Great job buddy those chips are absolutely beautiful!!! Hope @FordPickup92 and I can make it up sometime for a game!

I kept bouncing back and forth between options 2 & 4 on the inlay, half of me like the all red of option 2, the other half of me likes option 4 for the continuity with the rest of the set. It's such a subtle detail that I think I'm splitting hairs and either will be fine, but I like splitting hairs :cautious:

T5s won't be made for this add-on, those may come in the future. As much as I liked the red T5, I'm pretty set at this point with making the bounty chip red. Technically I could still go with a red T5 I guess, I was looking at mandarin red for that design and the bounties will be over sized so they'll be no confusing them, but I have a few other design options for the T5. I've always wanted a butterscotch chip but it never fit into any of the designs, this may be the spot that chip finally slots into. Could also do a pink T5 as well. This add-on will be some supplemental 25s/100s because I was a putz when I placed my initial order, plus these bounties and maybe another special chip ;)

You and Brie are always welcome to make the trip up, and in case you haven't seen it yet, there's a Jersey meet-up in the works. :tup:

There's no fun without splitting hairs buddy!! I'm positive they will come out fantastic!! Honestly I doubt that T5 would get much felt time anyways and I a free on the red bounty!!
What was the chip count on your first order? 2/3 table breakdown or did you go bigger than that? Definitely has some money tied up in those but so worth it!!

What was the chip count on your first order? 2/3 table breakdown or did you go bigger than that? Definitely has some money tied up in those but so worth it!!

Each set (primary/secondary) had about 800 chips, so 1600ish total. I originally bought two racks each of the 25s & 100s as I had designed the breakdown to utilize a 12-12-5-6 starting stack for 12 to 16 players and 8-8-4-7 if it stretched to 20 players. I've played a few larger tourneys that had that 8-8-4-7 stack and didn't care for them, it seemed like folks were always making change and it slowed the game down a bit. Wasn't unplayable but I prefer having more chips on the table. So I want to order a few more barrels of 25s & 100s so I can use that 12-12-5-6 stack for up to 20. The primary/secondary sets are similar enough that they can be combined for one big set of 4 tables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom