Need help with VEGAS trip ASAP!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

So, how much of this trip on them? Plane, hotel, dinner? I can run your friends up a helluva tab and point you to must go places (if someone else is footing the bill) [emoji48]. You should also be aware if you are hanging with your friends, alcohol flows freely (emphasis on FREE) in Las Vegas. Perhaps I should give you the estimated cab fare cost to the LVPD [emoji6]

So, how much of this trip on them? Plane, hotel, dinner? I can run your friends up a helluva tab and point you to must go places (if someone else is footing the bill) [emoji48]. You should also be aware if you are hanging with your friends, alcohol flows freely (emphasis on FREE) in Las Vegas. Perhaps I should give you the estimated cab fare cost to the LVPD [emoji6]

LOL, the airfare is on them. We're paying the rest of our own way.

We're leaning towards the Venetian.

The Venetian is an excellent choice. Rooms are big, comfortable, and have remote controlled curtains. I'm easy to please with a remote control. You will find the players in the Venetian card room at the $1/$2 tables to be poker club types i.e. they know what they are doing, but they aren't good or confident enough to play at the $2/$5 or $5/$10 games that are spread in the same room. The card room is big, comfortable, and full service. If you get a players club card and you pull an all-nighter as planned, you will have enough to be comped breakfast before you leave.

Your walk to (or from) Mandalay Bay to see MJ (if that is still part of the plan) can be shortened by catching the monorail at the back of Harrah's (then just take it to the MGM grand as mentioned above). Keep in mind that it will be chilly, especially at night. When the show lest out you will want a jacket/coat suitable for low to mid 40s. Desert+night+winter=brrrrrrr.

If you want restaurant recommendations, let me know what you are looking for. Otherwise, Vegas has everything - it's just a little more expensive on the strip. Then again, you are there for 2 days, a few extra bucks shouldn't break you.

Update.

We are booking the Venetian. $189/night or upgrade to strip view for $229/night. Pretty sure the couple we are going with will get a strip view, so we can just party in their room, lol. My wife seems to think I won't get the enjoy the view anyways, because I'll be sleeping all day with the blinds closed, lol

Also, staying 3 nights. And going to book two shows in advance. Love, and MJ one. We just realized we can save a total of $120 on the tix if we book them together, some sort of promo deal.

The couple were going with want to see love with us, and then do a couple shows on their own, some burlesque show, and chip n dales. Not our thing, but maybe if the wives goes to chip n dales, the guys can play cards?

we also want to hit up a lower key nightclub at some point. I like to dance, but don't want to hit a 20 something place. Suggestions?

Between the the room savings, and show discount, that's $240 extra in our pockets for extra stuff (cough, poker), ha!

ive been steadily chipping up my BR in preparation... Had my best session ever on Wednesday against some ultra Laggy agro (yet super skilled) players. Considering one is a successful professional player, who lives here locally, and playing with a number of his peers, I was pleased to have profited as much as I did. Also was a great confidence booster leading up to hitting the floors in Vegas

Just a suggestion...

If wives are going to see hunky male strippers, you just might want to be in the room when she gets back. It'll be the best 5 minutes since your honeymoon. ;)

Today is the day my buddy is booking flights and hotel rooms. His travel agent said that booking on Sunday's always net the best prices... I'm getting very excited for my VEgAS trip!

So, disaster strikes... My buddy was on a surprise birthday trip to Chicago this weekend. Early this morning, he indicates he's ordering tickets today, then a few hours later, he tells me that he and his wife are splitting... He says he and the wife are no-go for VEgAS, but asks if we still want to go, and he'd order our tickets. My wife and I decide we are not going as a couple without them. But I offer to turn it into a guys weekend (my wife is cool with that).

OMG, this sucks on so many levels. For him, for his kids, etc... And lastly, as a busted first attempt to visit VEgAS. :(

he understandably has a lot on his plate today, but didnt immediately scoff the guys weekend idea.

So, if that floats, my Vegas trip criteria will change drastically. We are talking a nice central hotel, but it doesn't have to be lavish like the V. Ideas, suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
My Vegas crew and I have stayed at the flamingo ever since Bill's closed. Rooms do the job and the location doesn't get much better for the price.

My Vegas crew and I have stayed at the flamingo ever since Bill's closed. Rooms do the job and the location doesn't get much better for the price.

Thanks man! Bummed out for my neighbor and his family... and selfishly, I hope he's game for a guy's weekend. I was so looking forward to finally getting to VEgAS.

UPDATE:
So we leave tomorrow morning. Tickets/room booked at the Flamingo. It's my first time, and though Vegas is OH to most people here, I'm excited.
Trihonda

Last edited:
UPDATE:
So we leave tomorrow morning. Tickets/room booked at the Flamingo. It's my first time, and though Vegas is OH to most people here, I'm excited.
Trihonda

Edited post to remove links and no updates ITT. Hmm. Are you in jail ATM?

Be careful what and with whom you share travel information. Mayhem is everywhere.

i know this to be true because i saw it on a television insurance commercial

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom