need help with cleaning monte carlo clay set (1 Viewer)

sharmz11

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got my first Monte Carlo - Clay poker set. 14 gram, poker club set. I noticed that several of the chips had extra bit of clay on the edges, I am assuming this is normal just from the process in the way that it is made. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to clean up the edges and also make the chips feel smoother, to allow for better chip shuffling. The set is brand new and I have not done anything to it. I have seen some threads of mineral oil, but this stuff is all new to me, so hopefully get some help from all of you.

Thank you!

Well those are not clay, but rather injection-molded plastic. A good way to clean up the edges is just sanding them a bit with some sandpaper, and as they're plastic I wouldn't recommend using any oil on them, as that will just make them slick and they won't properly absorb the oil. Plastic chips do tend to break in very quickly though, so within a few games they should be good to go.

Hey all,

Just got my first Monte Carlo - Clay poker set. 14 gram, poker club set. I noticed that several of the chips had extra bit of clay on the edges, I am assuming this is normal just from the process in the way that it is made. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to clean up the edges and also make the chips feel smoother, to allow for better chip shuffling. The set is brand new and I have not done anything to it. I have seen some threads of mineral oil, but this stuff is all new to me, so hopefully get some help from all of you.

Thank you!
If they have a lot of factory dust (dull chips) then washing them will improve the look.
You can remove the 'flash' (extra bits of plastic) with a sharp knife or some sanding paper.

No experience with CC (china clay) so not sure if the Monte Carlo chips react well on oil (some CC do)..you can always test some chips AFTER washing & drying.

Well those are not clay, but rather injection-molded plastic. A good way to clean up the edges is just sanding them a bit with some sandpaper, and as they're plastic I wouldn't recommend using any oil on them, as that will just make them slick and they won't properly absorb the oil. Plastic chips do tend to break in very quickly though, so within a few games they should be good to go.
Fine sandpaper. Really fine grit sandpaper.

Also a plastic dish scrubber pad works too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom