Need Help. What are these worth? TR King Spotted hotstamps (1 Viewer)

ChipEnvy

Full House
Reaction score
I am stuck and need some assistance from you fine folks. I picked this set of chips up a while back with the intent to mill them to create as close to a custom set of TR Kings as possible. It's been several years and I've bought and sold a lot of chips and completed a few chip related projects without ever touching this project. So it's become evident that this isn't a high priority in my chipping life. This is the set in question:

4f032a8b616843eb3241997eed3c6419_zpsmpmb69i5.jpg
359f792a978672ead94e0da6b82517fb_zpsmcwvzpqs.jpg

feecd168-bf7e-4c6a-b8c5-efcaf79f1ab5_zps82aj3vud.jpg

This is the reverse side stamp:
835f11ae-a185-458f-8439-256feb096a3c_zpsvaloe4n3.jpg

Breakdown is:

100 x $1
150 x $5
150 x $10
80 x $20
20 x Kings Crown HS Non Denoms (Tan with 5 brown edgespots)

I also have a rack of blank sky blue TRK's (that match the edgespot of the $1 and $5 exactly) that I was going to use as a fractional chip.

***Edit*** there are also at least 7 extras of each denominated chip, pictured in the lid of the box in the first pic.

I would like to know your best guess as to the value of the set. I know chips are worth what someone is willing to pay, but I can't find anything in past sales on eBay or on PCF to get a ballpark price. I'd like to avoid eBay because the fees (doubled by paypal) have been out of control for some time now, so putting them up for auction is really a last resort.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks but I'm not selling them yet. I am just trying to figure out a fair price to ask once I do let them go.

For 600 chips I would guess somewhere between 800 and 1000.

This feels about right to me, too. Monograms can be a tough sell, but the spots and color combos make this set a little more desirable. I know exactly what I would do with that rack of turquoise $1s. (y) :thumbsup:

Condition will play a big part in perceived value -- I'd guess they would probably cap out at around $2/chip if in mint/near-mint condition, but the set as a whole is pretty damn nice, monogram or no. Somebody falls in love with them (not hard to do) and willing to pay for a custom mill/label on one side would likely jump at these at $900-$1200. I'd definitely keep the denomination hot-stamps.

These are in pretty good shape. Probably $1.50 to $1.75 ea would be my estimate. Let me know if you want to sell them. I'd probably buy them :)

I am stuck and need some assistance from you fine folks. I picked this set of chips up a while back with the intent to mill them to create as close to a custom set of TR Kings as possible. It's been several years and I've bought and sold a lot of chips and completed a few chip related projects without ever touching this project. So it's become evident that this isn't a high priority in my chipping life. This is the set in question:

4f032a8b616843eb3241997eed3c6419_zpsmpmb69i5.jpg
359f792a978672ead94e0da6b82517fb_zpsmcwvzpqs.jpg

feecd168-bf7e-4c6a-b8c5-efcaf79f1ab5_zps82aj3vud.jpg

This is the reverse side stamp:
835f11ae-a185-458f-8439-256feb096a3c_zpsvaloe4n3.jpg

Breakdown is:

100 x $1
150 x $5
150 x $10
80 x $20
20 x Kings Crown HS Non Denoms (Tan with 5 brown edgespots)

I also have a rack of blank sky blue TRK's (that match the edgespot of the $1 and $5 exactly) that I was going to use as a fractional chip.

***Edit*** there are also at least 7 extras of each denominated chip, pictured in the lid of the box in the first pic.

I would like to know your best guess as to the value of the set. I know chips are worth what someone is willing to pay, but I can't find anything in past sales on eBay or on PCF to get a ballpark price. I'd like to avoid eBay because the fees (doubled by paypal) have been out of control for some time now, so putting them up for auction is really a last resort.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Just happened to see your post here regarding the TRK “ P R P “ initial chips with denominations .
If you would like to know where they are from -
here is the information ( from TRK records ) :
Shipped to : Unlimited Ideas Marketing
Address : 36454 Groesbeck Hwy.
Mt. Clemens , MI
Chips were shipped in 1992
—————
Estimated value per chip ( on the PRP ) would
be $1.50 to $2.00 per chip ) - IMHO
—————
Hope this information helps …

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom