Need help. Home game and people bailing last minute. (1 Viewer)

Thanks @LotsOfChips ... He has done this on more than 5 occasions. I don't think I'm a little too sensitive. It's the last 2 incidents that pissed me off. The previous 3 were ok because it had no affect on how many tables I needed. The last 2 definitely did.

Thanks @LotsOfChips ... He has done this on more than 5 occasions. I don't think I'm a little too sensitive. It's the last 2 incidents that pissed me off. The previous 3 were ok because it had no affect on how many tables I needed. The last 2 definitely did.
OK, that makes sense. 5 times is not a mistake, it's a habit. And no, being pissed about that isn't being overly sensitive. If it was the first time, maybe so, but 5 times, well, be as pissed as you want.

Just a note, the fact that he skated the first three times with no consequence to him probably led to the last two times that ended up having a negative impact on you. Nipping things like this in the bud going forward is probably a +EV move.

Dude I envy you. You have the player list and backlog to tell this guy to POUND SAND - or better yet, ghost him like he has done you on MULTIPLE occasions.

I'm in beg-borrow-steal mode. Supposed to have a game this Friday, I'm inside a week, and only have 2 guys signed up + me, that's 3. I run a STT that seats 9. I really want to hit 8+ and I'm not sure there is a way to make it this month. I've got a regular who can't attend due to a birthday party (his own - can't figure out why he won't just come play and we'll give him a party, LOL), another 2 semi-regulars who are ghosting me currently (???), another guy who had a great time last game but isn't sure if he's busy yet (...), another few solid nos (has to stay home with the kids and no reason given). This invite was sent to 25 people! 1 less than last game because I had a ""yes" then ghost" guy, who then did show up late, and wouldn't even play then - WTF mate!

So I feel your pain, but at the same time, in your position, I wouldn't give a second thought to dropping that guy. You've earned it dude! Sheee I'd be sending him pictures of how much fun you're having without him, LOL.

As someone with a theatre background, nothing is worse than having people show up late to the event. It throws the whole thing off. Having someone not show up at all? It's a show stopper.

I'd say be up front with him and be clear it's not about him. He can be a good guy and you can continue to be friends, but maybe poker just isn't a part of that friendship. At least until he recommits.

You are trying to organize an event for a bunch of people and if wants to be a part of that, he needs to show up and on time. It's important to you for this to run smoothly and if he respects you, he'll respect that effort. The probationary wait list mentioned above might be a good safety measure to test the waters, for sure.

Dude I envy you. You have the player list and backlog to tell this guy to POUND SAND - or better yet, ghost him like he has done you on MULTIPLE occasions.

I'm in beg-borrow-steal mode. Supposed to have a game this Friday, I'm inside a week, and only have 2 guys signed up + me, that's 3. I run a STT that seats 9. I really want to hit 8+ and I'm not sure there is a way to make it this month. I've got a regular who can't attend due to a birthday party (his own - can't figure out why he won't just come play and we'll give him a party, LOL), another 2 semi-regulars who are ghosting me currently (???), another guy who had a great time last game but isn't sure if he's busy yet (...), another few solid nos (has to stay home with the kids and no reason given). This invite was sent to 25 people! 1 less than last game because I had a ""yes" then ghost" guy, who then did show up late, and wouldn't even play then - WTF mate!

So I feel your pain, but at the same time, in your position, I wouldn't give a second thought to dropping that guy. You've earned it dude! Sheee I'd be sending him pictures of how much fun you're having without him, LOL.
This is happening to me as well. I don't get it. I even have the hot dog roller!

MN. We only play hold em as of now. Once I get a limit cash set I want to introduce some other games.

MN. We only play hold em as of now. Once I get a limit cash set I want to introduce some other games.
I'm in NH, so unless you are paying 1/2 airfare, I won't be able to make it, LOL. I'm also sticking with NLHE for now, as that has the widest audience.

I'm in NH, so unless you are paying 1/2 airfare, I won't be able to make it, LOL. I'm also sticking with NLHE for now, as that has the widest audience.
Where in NH are you from? I've been wanting to try and track down any local games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom