Need Help from Internet Professionals Please (1 Viewer)

slisk250

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Please only respond to this post if you are a person who is knowledgeable and would consider themselves an experienced professional in the field of Internet security, VPNs, etc.

STC - Saudi Telecom has successfully blocked the use of FaceTime in the magic kingdom. We have work arounds and can use Messenger video or others. Several seasoned educated people over here using different VPNs have been unsuccessful in establishing functioning video chat connections to here or anywhere on the planet using STC and Facetime. It is the only home internet provider in our camp and also has a majority stake in the mobile phone industry here. They have blocked because they are trying to create some way of charging for using these services. It is interesting that all other illegal (in Saudi) websites seem to be accessible using various VPNs using STC internet and mobile devices. We can use Facetime using company internet through our mobiles but it sucks to have to go to work to call your kid with a 7-10 hour time difference.

When you try to connect, it seems that there is a connection but neither party is able to see or hear each other. I have no idea how they could be successful in doing this as I'm a digital immigrant.

Please help. My wife is losing her mind not being able to contact her sons in the way she prefers. As a result my quality of life (more like survival) is suffering as I'm the target of her dissatisfaction more than I can take.

Thx,
slisk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom