Need help finding chips (1 Viewer)

Tdidde

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello,
I have dice chips right now and I want to upgrade. I was looking at Sunfly Polyclay chips but it’s hard to order from them and shipping is astronomical. Can anyone help me find a set, I play with around 5-6 people and sometimes 8 people max. We play $10 buy ins and we usually use 25¢, 50¢, $1 chips. We do 2 blinds of 25¢ and you can buy back in $10 unlimited times. I know the denominations are weird but I’ve tried to get them to play 5/10 but they don’t like it. I can spend around 300ish for a set of 500ish. If anyone can help me it would be very appreciated, thanks!

Hello,
I have dice chips right now and I want to upgrade. I was looking at Sunfly Polyclay chips but it’s hard to order from them and shipping is astronomical. Can anyone help me find a set, I play with around 5-6 people and sometimes 8 people max. We play $10 buy ins and we usually use 25¢, 50¢, $1 chips. We do 2 blinds of 25¢ and you can buy back in $10 unlimited times. I know the denominations are weird but I’ve tried to get them to play 5/10 but they don’t like it. I can spend around 300ish for a set of 500ish. If anyone can help me it would be very appreciated, thanks!
Also they could be like $25,$50,$100 denominations it really doesn’t matter to me

Hi!

With your budget, you are squarely within new China Clay (or, as I like to call it, China-sourced / Higher-end Injection Molded Plastics, or CHIMP) or stock ceramic territory. Forget the 50c chip. Stick with $0.25, $1, and some $5.

Check out Apache Poker Chips and BR Pro (both forum vendors) for CHIMP and Tiki King/Dia De Los Muertos ceramics, respectively.

Get some samples, because I was squarely in the "I don't like ceramic chips" camp for decades, but the modern ceramic blanks used by BR Pro along with better printing have me in the "I love some ceramic chips" camp.

What I mean is that I would rather spend a small amount more and get some BR Pro ceramics than the china clay chips, but if you are hooked on the clay look then maybe the Royals from apache. Good advice from allforcharity as usual.

I love you.

I put it in another thread long ago, but not much traction. Perhaps a reminder will get people familiar enough with the acronyms that it might stick.

Budget / Low-End Injection Molded Plastic (BLIMP) <--- your slugged/unslugged plastics typically going for 20c or less per chip
China-sourced / Higher-End Injection Molded Plastic (CHIMP) <--- your Dunes Commemorative, Pharaohs, Majestics, Milanos, Royals
Premium Injection Molded Plastic (PIMP) <--- this is where you want to be for Abbiati, B&G, Bud Jones, Matsui

Does anyone know how long BRPRO poker takes to ship and deliver?

@Tdidde They quoted me about 1.5 - 2 weeks for semi custom, but you should email them for a more accurate time. If your going stock chips they may have them printed already so I would assume shipped in a day or two, but email them for a more accurate answer.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom