Need help buying a quality card shuffler (1 Viewer)

Pinkdan

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my parents have hand issues that make it difficult to shuffle cards. They play lots of card games however which makes it difficult for them. So they thought a card shuffler might help. Unfortunately most of the ones on the market seem cheap and unreliable.

Does anyone have a good recommendation that’s not as expensive as a shuffle tech but also not crappy like the $15 ones on Amazon? Budget: less than $100 ideally.

Thanks for any help.

-Dan

Last edited:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but if a sub $100 shuffling machine (that doesn't absolutely suck) existed we would have that instead of the shuffle tech. Sorry man.
Well that’s kinda what I needed to know honestly. Thanks for the reply

What about the MDS-6 Multi-Deck Shuffler? Its made by shuffle tech, its double your budget, but 1/3 the shuffle tech ST-1000 price. I havent heard any reviews on it though.

What about the MDS-6 Multi-Deck Shuffler? Its made by shuffle tech, its double your budget, but 1/3 the shuffle tech ST-1000 price. I havent heard any reviews on it though.
Do you by any chance know where those units are made? (I've been on a made-in-China boycott the last few years and am guessing that means I'm not getting a shuffler, but thought I'd check just in case.)

Do you by any chance know where those units are made? (I've been on a made-in-China boycott the last few years and am guessing that means I'm not getting a shuffler, but thought I'd check just in case.)
I do not. My guess would be china or Taiwan. That is totally baseless guess though lol.

Well that’s kinda what I needed to know honestly. Thanks for the reply

As someone who's tried to solve this problem for many years I can confirm that you're unlikely to find a great solution for under the cost of a Shuffle tech. I've tried pretty much everything out there for sub-$300 and they're all garbage, or, quickly become annoying enough not to use. I found a great deal on a Shuffle tech and I've never looked back. If you're playing consistently and you have hand issues, it's well worth the investment. I feel like used ones pop up on here from time to time (or eBay), so deals can be had.

Looks like the Shuffle Tech is actually Made in USA. Explains it working better than the cheaper units and the price tag.
1654714594200.png

@jpietrella Do you find the Shuffle Tech to be very noisy? I saw that as a reoccurring complaint on a lot of shuffling units.

Looks like the Shuffle Tech is actually Made in USA. Explains it working better than the cheaper units and the price tag.View attachment 926740
@jpietrella Do you find the Shuffle Tech to be very noisy? I saw that as a reoccurring complaint on a lot of shuffling units.
So, it is definitely not quiet. It doesn't bother me and I tend to forget about the noise when you have a full game + talking + TV in the background + whatever else is going on. Some of the friends I play with said they don't like using it because of the noise but they are idiots.

So, it is definitely not quiet. It doesn't bother me and I tend to forget about the noise when you have a full game + talking + TV in the background + whatever else is going on. Some of the friends I play with said they don't like using it because of the noise but they are idiots.
I are idiot.
But if his parents’ hearing is anything like my dad’s hearing, they’ll probably love it.

I just think it’s crazy that there is such a large gap between $20 shufflers and $600 shufflers. How is there no product in between? If someone could come up with a decent $300 automatic shuffler they would make a killing I feel.

I just think it’s crazy that there is such a large gap between $20 shufflers and $600 shufflers. How is there no product in between? If someone could come up with a decent $300 automatic shuffler they would make a killing I feel.
Preach.

I see this kind of gap in so many different products. My totally uneducated opinion is that the cheaply made foreign products kill that mid-range quality slice of the market. Flooding the market with crappy but cheap options lowers people's expectations both on price and quality, so only really high-end versions purchased by businesses and wealthier folks can compete.

The whole reason I actually got into the clay poker chips is I didn't want the crappy plastic or dice chips from China, but the price jump is magnitudes from a set of dice chips at a nickel or less per chip to Nevada Jacks or Paulsons at a dollar or more per chip.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom