Need help? Ask this poker player. Funny CL add (1 Viewer)

10centguitar

Two Pair
Reaction score
Helping all going through a tough decision

Attention anyone going through a tough decision. I am hear to help!

As you get older, life begins to move faster, more challenging decisions are thrown upon us, and very often, we do not know what to do. And we all have the fear of waking up 30 years later regretting our past decisions. Over the years, my friends have had to make tough choices that many individuals are facing every day. These decisions range from "Should I quit college to pursue a high paying career" or "Should I relocate for new opportunities?" And frequently I get the "I dislike my career, but I'm unsure what else I what do." When people are going through these life changing decisions, it is hard to get an unbiased view on what you should do. You can ask your parents, but they raised you. . . so they are going to be biased to the safest/cookie cutter option. You can ask your friends, but they are going to respond with "Yeah go do it. . . you are young. . ..take risks!" These are the common responses I hear my clients get when they ask for help.

Here is where I step in. My name is Mark Buckingham and I am a 25 year old professional poker player. I make tough decisions on a regular basis both on and off the table. More importantly, I have been through a lot of ups and downs in my life, but by thinking everything through as logically as possible and always weighing all possibilities, these decisions aren't as hard as we tend to think.

I am not saying I am a life coach or a person that can help with your current relationship. What I will do, is help you work through these tough decisions/new opportunities by offering my unbiased services. My services include:
• Getting the full background of your unique situation.
• A very detailed 'Pros & Cons' analysis of your decision.
• A 30 minute phone conversation discussing a battle plan to tackle your decision.
• Lastly, based on the statistics of the analysis, I will give you my answer on what the most logical path will take.
Since I believe in helping everyone, my services are only a $25 flat fee. My contact information is listed below. I look forward to hearing from you!

Mark Buckingham
Email: show contact info

lol 25 year old poker players who want me to ask them for life skills advice.

this reminds me of a good stand up bit i listened to this weekend from Kurt Metzger. the gist of it was that he was accused of being sexist for dismissing the opinion of a female college student and his response was, "no you misunderstand i don't not care what you think because you're a woman - i don't care what you think because you're 20 years old. you haven't yet earned the right to be discriminated against on anything other than your age."

Last edited:
We should get someone to contact him with a totally f'd up story and record his advise for everyone here.

$25 bucks? What an idiot.

I did something like this for a consulting firm for a decade charging $400/hr. What he describes could easily take weeks accomplish. Even a sloppy, generic job would take a day. Lets say he does an awful 4-hour job - he gets all of $6.25/hr for his work.

Shesh -=- DrStrange

I wish he or 10centguitar could pay me for the time I wasted reading this horseshit.

The real idiots are those that send him the $25. o_O

Wonder if he would throw in a palm reading. Maybe some Tarot cards. Modiano card readings.

i was just shocked, was looking on CL for poker related stuff and found this meatball.

I think the real answer is he is a con man looking for marks. Find someone willing to pay $25 dollars today, gain their trust then BOOM.

I wrote the guy, and sent him the $25.* I poised the following question:

Mr. Buckingham,

I have been in law school now for 8 years. My parents were hipsters that followed the Grateful Dead for most of their lives, selling t-shirts to make ends meet. I am far from a trust fund kid, and have gone deep into debt paying for school. I am a solid D plus student. Recently, one of my professors told me I would have to change the name my parents gave me in order to ever be seriously be considered for a position in a law firm. Even then, passing the BAR will be difficult for me. I am 27 years old, am on the brink of completing school, but now must forgo my given name before trying to take the bar, and still might fail. Should I follow through, or cut my losses now and begin buying my own tie dyes.

Thanks for your professional insight,
Doobie P. Hunter

His Response:

Dear Doobie,

First, I understand you are already in an unfortunate position. As you know I make difficult decisions like this all the time. You are deep in debt. In the poker world we call this being pot-committed. At 27 years old, you are already quite old (I am already 25, which gives me a lifetime of wisdom). Twenty-seven in the poker world is called "being in late position". This makes your difficult decision very easy for a seasoned pro like myself. Pot-committed in late position is a "snap call", and you must go all-in. A lot of professionals have poorly chosen first names, and they simply utilize their middle name instead.

Good luck. I will be thinking about you as your check has cleared and will cover my next professional cash game buy-in.
Mark Buckingham

If any PCF'ers need legal advice, just look up D. Pussy Hunter, Attorney-at-Law

* I didn't really write him, and I absolutely didn't send him money. But I am sure some eyes grew wide at the idea. I hope you enjoyed the read.

Lastly, based on the statistics of the analysis, I will give you my answer on what the most logical path will take

Seems legit.

Wait, how does he determine the statistics of life issues, like "should I have an abortion, give the baby up for adoption, or keep my baby?" Not sure those are quantifiable. Understanding 52 cards =/= understanding life. Applaud the guy for trying, even if he is horribly equipped to give real advice.

Sigh.....

BiGGyT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom