Need Advice on Racks (2 Viewers)

Cackalacka Slim

High Hand
Reaction score
So I own both Paulsons and CPC scrowns, all of which are pretty minty. I recently bought some racks (13 of em) and the Paulsons fit like a glove but the CPC barrels are like a quarter of a chip too wide to fit in the racks. Maybe less than that. It's really close, but they definitely don't fit.
20200229_130250.jpg

I like the racks, and intended to have racks of the same type to put in an Apache 4800 case.

So my options appear to be:
1. Replace all the racks with something that fits both chips (Don't know how commonly racks will fit both)
2.Proceed with plan and just put 19 CPCs in each row (Don't know if this would cause issues with storage/security since they could rattle a little more.
3. Try to widen the racks just a hair so they fit the CPCs. I don't know if this is possible. The racks are hard plastic and are pretty thick and sturdy, but if they had even a millimeter of give a barrel would fit.

So what should I do? Anybody run into this issue before?

Thanks!

Mint Paulsons fit snuggly in 66.7 mm racks.

Mint CPC's fit snuggly in 67.7 mm racks.

Frustrating, but is what it is.

Is the ChipCo rack 67.7mm? Somehow I'm wondering if they really can be a full millimeter longer in the barrel. I know that it's my go-to rack if I have to put mixed barrels of chips in the same rack for display, i.e. clays, ceramics, and high-end plastics of all different types.

Any recommendations for what brand racks? Matsui? Others esp value for money? And will these brands spec to the mm needed eg 66.5 vs 67.5?

Any recommendations for what brand racks? Matsui? Others esp value for money? And will these brands spec to the mm needed eg 66.5 vs 67.5?
Just message @dennis63 man! You'll be happier than a pig in shit. I was. He's a vendor here and just fantastic to deal with

I also have minty CPCs. Well, not mint now, but still new.
15836760860724300803691241238629.jpg
1583676120505637851317353281253.jpg
15836761490994703280106201231390.jpg
15836762152487224829731874965654.jpg

Thanks for the tip! How great to be a noob on this forum!!
I know man! This place is fantastic. Ive had a great ride and now want to transition to help people like me along. Im still new too, but involved and active.

Hated every rack I've tried for CPCs until these Key West racks from @dennis63

Additionally, these racks stack like bricks. The chips do not "sway" back and forth like weeds. I hated that the most. 20 per section and 100 per rack, just perfection

Thanks!!! Still trying to figure out if there is a thread or resource for newbies in the vein of poker chips for dummies, poker chips 101 or even a glossary. Have you come across one?

Thanks!!! Still trying to figure out if there is a thread or resource for newbies in the vein of poker chips for dummies, poker chips 101 or even a glossary. Have you come across one?
This whole site is full of wonderful threads for ALL walks.

Yes to all of the above... The search button is your friend.

For the glossary - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/pcf-glossary.5/

General site resources - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/

For poker chips 101/poker chips for dummies, there are literally hundreds of threads with all of the information you could ever need, but the subject is too large to fit into a single thread. Rather just search for whatever topic you are interested in learning more about (tournament or cash breakdowns, opinions on China Clays, whatever you want, it is here for the searching. And if after searching you do not find a good answer, then post a thread asking the question. Members will be happy to help you, especially if they see that you have done some homework first but still need more assistance.

Enjoy the adventure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom