Need Advice On Paulson CDI 500s (1 Viewer)

Tinkerbell

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Greeting fellow pcf members. I have a cdi set which i recently purchased. After closer inspection today i have noticed that on some of the 500 chips that the green is vibrant on both but the pink is slightly duller on others. Is it possible that they were made from a different mode or manufactured at a different time? I have supplied some photos. When i handle them they feel and sound the same.

Attachments

• thumbnail (13).jpg
    thumbnail (13).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 60
  • thumbnail (14).jpg
    thumbnail (14).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 54
Could those more purple spotted 500s be relabled paulson classics?

The mold also is slightly different being "indented" on the chip with the brighter spots.

Could those more purple spotted 500s be relabled paulson classics?

The mold also is slightly different being "indented" on the chip with the brighter spots.
I’m not sure. I’m leaning towards the idea these chips actually turned out different, during different production campaigns.

During my time owning Paulson Pharaohs and CDIs, I saw this throughout some of my chips, None of them were relabeled. They appeared different even as minty chips. I also saw this same color difference in the $25 denom, in both Pharaohs and CDIs.

Not 100% familiar with these, and there might have been different runs made? But I found some pics after a little searching just to show your what I mean.

Mold is slightly different. Cdi05 vs classics.

*Pics stolen from various ads
DB19AE2C-9E4E-441B-A760-8D22EA7DE217.jpeg.jpg

4F9CA651-9183-4970-8C37-C23356E08176.jpeg.jpg

IMG_6819 2.JPG.jpg

I’m not sure. I’m leaning towards the idea these chips actually turned out different, during different production campaigns.

During my time owning Paulson Pharaohs and CDIs, I saw this throughout some of my chips, None of them were relabeled. They appeared different even as minty chips. I also saw this same color difference in the $25 denom, in both Pharaohs and CDIs.
Ah, didn't see this reply when I wrote my last reply.

Did you see different molds used for both sets as well?

Thank you all for your replies so far.
I’m leaning towards this simply because of my experience with the Pharaohs $25 and $500. I have photos somewhere but I need to dig through a back up drive.
I would be interested in seeing them:)

Not 100% familiar with these, and there might have been different runs made? But I found some pics after a little searching just to show your what I mean.

Mold is slightly different. Cdi05 vs classics.

*Pics stolen from various ads
View attachment 1033934
View attachment 1033935
View attachment 1033936
Those reds are stunning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom