Need advice on oiling China Clay chips (1 Viewer)

Well... I'm planning to start a business of oiling chips, and I plan to undercut your prices, lol... $.04/chip. So for $160, I can oil your 4000 chips. :). Shipping is extra! :)

In all seriousness, I think folks will appreciate pre-oiled chips. Great idea to provide the service.
I actually have a legit idea....

Deoiling chips.

Is there a good way to do that?

If so, I will start a business that deoils them and we can trade customers back and forth.

Deoiling chips.

If so, I will start a business that deoils them and we can trade customers back and forth.
Lmao! True capitalism at work!

I hopefully get my majestics tomorrow, UK customs take so long! Can't wait to get them and start the labelling and oiling! Hopefully get them on the felt by Friday! Might have to take a day off work

Deoiling chips.

As a matter of fact, I use a two-step process:
(1) Oil chips
(2) Wash freshly oiled chips in warm water and Dawn, using a washcloth

I know it's weird, but I prefer the feel of chalky chips and don't particularly like the feel of oiled chips. I oil to deepen/brighten the colors, but only when necessary.

I hopefully get my majestics tomorrow, UK customs take so long!

I got mine today. They'd been sat in a depot in Coventry fr almost a week, waiting for ParcelFarce to send me the Customs demand. Which still hasn't arrived (phone up, bully them, and you get to pay over the phone).

And big thanks to Josh for the two extras. My wooden racks hold 26 Majestics - the sample set that I bought last month dealt with most of that slack, but there was still going to be two gaps - now filled.

I've oiled the edges (not an easy task with the wife hovering in the very next room), and they look lovely. I'm not sure which is my favourite chip; the $1s and $5s will do the most work, but the 50c (I'll be treating them as $50) and the $100s are both pretty special. Congrats to those involved in the design process,

Mine's only a small set - 250 chips in eight denominations. What's left to do is to find a source for $20 labels, decide what to do with the $25s (I know that $2-chips are mostly useless to poker players, but these aren't for poker), and to make a tray for the bottom of my 200-chip case to hold the extra 50.

Last edited:
I got mine today. They'd been sat in a depot in Coventry fr almost a week, waiting for ParcelFarce to send me the Customs demand. Which still hasn't arrived (phone up, bully them, and you get to pay over the phone).

And big thanks to Josh for the two extras. My wooden racks hold 26 Majestics - the sample set that I bought last month dealt with most of that slack, but there was still going to be two gaps - now filled.

I've oiled the edges (not an easy task with the wife hovering in the very next room), and they look lovely. I'm not sure which is my favourite chip; the $1s and $5s will do the most work, but the 50c (I'll be treating them as $50) and the $100s are both pretty special. Congrats to those involved in the design process,

Mine's only a small set - 250 chips in eight denominations. What's left to do is to find a source for $20 labels, decide what to do with the $25s (I know that $2-chips are mostly useless to poker players, but these aren't for poker), and to make a tray for the bottom of my 200-chip case to hold the extra 50.
Got mine today too! Lol I did the same, called parcel force and went to the depot to pick them up! Didn't want to wait a day for the delivery

How much extra $$$ for salt? Then, plain or chicken salt? The possibilities are endless :).

holy crap, that's like avg 31 chips per denom..... wtf? wrong thread

not a poker set, I'm guessing.

Board games. Poker chips make a fantastic replacement for paper money in games like Power Grid, 1830 (or any 18xx), Food Chain Magnate etc. If there are lots of cash handling operations, you want to be using chips not printed money.

Board games. Poker chips make a fantastic replacement for paper money in games like Power Grid, 1830 (or any 18xx), Food Chain Magnate etc. If there are lots of cash handling operations, you want to be using chips not printed money.
I love poker chips, and I love table top board games, but I don't recall any issues with using the paper money in power grid.

@Apache - oiled up and ready to go! by far the best CC available in my opinion - the colours really do pop!

IMG_6144.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom