Need Advice - Hot Stamped $1 (1 Viewer)

mattduck

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
So I have paired down my hoard of Ramada Card Room Chips.

Final set will likely end up being:

Pink - 100
$1s - too many
$2s - 200
$5s - 1,000
$25s - 300
$100s - 83

upload_2015-9-15_20-57-29-png.17590

upload_2015-9-15_20-58-15-png.17591

The ones are beaten up while around 300 or the $5s are mint or close while the other $5s are in very good shape. The $25s and $100s are mint.

Question is, should I swap out the $1s to get other hot stamped $1s in near mint condition so that all the chips are in similar condition? If so, what chips would you recommend and who has them?

or

Should I just deal with the beaten up chips and keep all chips in this set from the Ramada Card room?

What do you guys think? Like to get a decision sooner than later as I plan on using these chips during our game over Thanksgiving weekend.

I had 3 racks of Claim Stake $1s. They could possibly work. I'm not sure of pricing or availability from spinettis anymore. When I got them they were up to $2/chip.

image.jpg

I had 3 racks of Claim Stake $1s. They could possibly work. I'm not sure of pricing or availability from spinettis anymore. When I got them they were up to $2/chip.

View attachment 20225

I'm actually using 2 racks of those Claim Stakes $1s (which I adore) with the set of Ramada $5s and $25s I got from Matt... They go pretty well together imo... They are up there in price (when you can find them) though...

I'm actually using 2 racks of those Claim Stakes $1s (which I adore) with the set of Ramada $5s and $25s I got from Matt... They go pretty well together imo... They are up there in price (when you can find them) though...

I've kept the rack my wife originally got for me and sold the rest :( I will rebuild but not sure if I'd get more $1s as we only ever got one rack in play.

I'd keep the original $1's with the set. Sometimes historical accuracy is more important than condition. If it totally tilts you, pick up the starburst chips from bentax - at least they have the same numerical hot-stamp on the reverse side. But hang onto those originals.

I'd keep the original $1's with the set. Sometimes historical accuracy is more important than condition. If it totally tilts you, pick up the starburst chips from bentax - at least they have the same numerical hot-stamp on the reverse side. But hang onto those originals.

Perhaps he could use my mint/better condition starburst/1.00 chips until the $5, $25, $100 chips wear down enough to better match the actual Ramada $1 chips' condition. Then swap the starburst/1.00 chips out for the actual Ramada $1 chips. Problem solved. Just need to play a lot of poker with them to get the higher denoms worn down. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom