Need a chip case (1 Viewer)

NoNamePokerGuy

Two Pair
Reaction score
So I've finally after 10+ years can afford and have found a samurai palace set of chips of about 500, with goals of increasing it to 750? my question has become this. I want a better carrying case than the crappy 20$ "aluminum" chip case that I have my shit plastic chips in. In the 100-200$ price range, what should I be choosing between in terms of cases. I need it to hold 2 decks, at least 500 chips, a good bit of cash and a dealer button or so. I'd like a high gloss wood finish. I found the following couple but not sure if there is better I should be looking at or trying to machine my own at home with my wood working skills. 200$ is far cheaper than my time invested for sure, but I'm sure I could produce a better product if it came to it.

So I've finally after 10+ years can afford and have found a samurai palace set of chips of about 500, with goals of increasing it to 750? my question has become this. I want a better carrying case than the crappy 20$ "aluminum" chip case that I have my shit plastic chips in. In the 100-200$ price range, what should I be choosing between in terms of cases. I need it to hold 2 decks, at least 500 chips, a good bit of cash and a dealer button or so. I'd like a high gloss wood finish. I found the following couple but not sure if there is better I should be looking at or trying to machine my own at home with my wood working skills. 200$ is far cheaper than my time invested for sure, but I'm sure I could produce a better product if it came to it.
You say you want a wood case...generally, those are not used for travel. Is this a travel case, or are you looking for storage that you can pull out every now and then?
If you describe your situation, we can better recommend a case for your needs.

Generally they are taken to someone else's house 3 or so times a year other wise they are in him games. I'm open to alternatives just not interested in the generic aluminum case look.

Versa cases are high quality. Good options at various sizes.

Thanks for the tags! I can certainly help with a custom wood case. What you're describing would be more than $200 though. Especially with a high gloss finish. Lot of work goes into these cases and a high gloss finish only adds to that, as every little defect will show through.

Let me know if you decide to tackle this on your own. I would be more than happy to help you out with pointers and design considerations.

Alec

Thanks for the tags! I can certainly help with a custom wood case. What you're describing would be more than $200 though. Especially with a high gloss finish. Lot of work goes into these cases and a high gloss finish only adds to that, as every little defect will show through.

Let me know if you decide to tackle this on your own. I would be more than happy to help you out with pointers and design considerations.

Alec
I took a browse through some of your threads. The pieces are amazing! I do some hobby wood working so I am aware how much time goes into custom builds. Probably not something I could afford right not. I haven't built a box in a while, and this would be small enough to do with hand planes as I don't own a jointer or a planar. How are you making the chip holders, a 1.5" core box router bit or something?

@NoNamePokerGuy thanks for the kind words! There is certainly a lot of time that goes into building custom stuff.

The chip holders aren't super hard to make as long as you have a router table. I do use a core box bit in several passes along with some simple jigs to keep everything consistent. 1 5/8" bit for 39mm chips, 1 3/4" for 43mm. Those size core box bits can be difficult to find, but I'll send you links to some affordable bits if interested.

@NoNamePokerGuy thanks for the kind words! There is certainly a lot of time that goes into building custom stuff.

The chip holders aren't super hard to make as long as you have a router table. I do use a core box bit in several passes along with some simple jigs to keep everything consistent. 1 5/8" bit for 39mm chips, 1 3/4" for 43mm. Those size core box bits can be difficult to find, but I'll send you links to some affordable bits if interested.
Very! Hopefully I can make something interesting to share. Have a nice Kreg router table and nice dewalt 1 3/4 router for it, I assume if I make enough passes that'll be enough?

We use Apache Cases from Harbor freight! Pick ya color for like $45 including the ever awesome Blaze orange case... they come with pick and pull foam. The 3800 would fit everything you need 800 chips and room for cards and just about anything else you may need!
20201007_172909.jpg

This one is a 4800 with 1,000 chips and still plenty of room for accessories

We use Apache Cases from Harbor freight! Pick ya color for like $45 including the ever awesome Blaze orange case... they come with pick and pull foam. The 3800 would fit everything you need 800 chips and room for cards and just about anything else you may need!
View attachment 587395
This one is a 4800 with 1,000 chips and still plenty of room for accessories
Are the chips included? :whistle: :whistling: :yawn:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom