NCAA March Madness Pool - Interest? (2 Viewers)

slurpeee

Two Pair
Reaction score
I know its a "runner-runner" long shot, but is there any interest in a $20 March Madness pool? If we can get a minimum of 10 players, happy to set up and admin the money. I just need a pool and the people I work w/ are a bunch of sports hating wankers.

My thought is winner take all, unless we can get 20+ entries, then pay additional places depending on how many are in? Can do whatever the popular vote is.

Reply here if interested.

Looks like we have a quorum. Will send a PM out tomorrow with payment info and these details, but in mean time, here's the skinnny:
  • Will use the ESPN site to track. Here's a link to the group. Scoring rules on the site.
  • Group name is: "PCF All In" | PW to join group is "moarchips"
  • $20 per entry. Enter as many times as you like. FF welcome
  • All entires have to be in the PCF All In group to count
  • Will DM my PayPal and Venmo info by tomorrow evening to everyone who has expressed interest in this thread
  • Winner takes all, unless we have 20 over more entries, then 80/20% split between 1st and 2nd place

IMPORTANT: Payment must be received by tip-off of first game on Thursday.
Entries not paid before tip-off will not count!
I'll update OP with who is paid and in the running.

Thx for playing! Should be fun.

- Scoring -

• Round 1 (Round of 64): 10 points per correct Game pick

• Round 2 (Round of 32): 20 points per correct Game pick

• Round 3 (Round of 16): 40 points per correct Game pick

• Round 4 (Round of 8): 80 points per correct Game pick

• Round 5 (Round of 4): 160 points per correct Game pick

• Round 6 (Championship game): 320 points per correct Game pick

Yeah, I was afraid of this. The blinds double every round. You can be in a good position to win, but you have no chance if you don't pick the champion. I do get it's just mainly for fun and most sites have this type of scoring, but I'm gonna pass.

I tend to pull for my $ bracket teams rather than pulling for whom I want to win and I've discovered I like watching the tournament better without doing any brackets. Go underdogs (except for UNC)! Oh and duck fuke!!!!

@Hot Nuts what would be your ideal scoring?

When I used to run tourneys (hand scored...lol) I used:

Seemed to work pretty well. Add zeros to it if you want. Picking earlier upsets and whiffing doesn't hurt you too bad. You should get a little more for picking the winner, but you could still win if you miss the champion with crushing it along the way.

When my buddies and I use to run a pool it was hand scored as well. We used 1,2,3,4,5,6. So I get you, @Hot Nuts.

But, for $20, I’m up for any scoring…whatever platform makes this easy to roll out quick.

As long as there’s good people, healthy trash talk, and an even playing field, I’m in!

As the rounds continue, perhaps some chip related side bet action? ;););)

Or, those willing put up a giveaway chip for the person who gets the highest score in round one?

There’s a lot we can do here my friends!

I personally like scoring that heavily favors the underdogs myself. Used to do one where you got the # of points that the seed was for each win. Ie 13 seed would score 13 points each time they won

Problem I found was I was in the minority and no one else wanted to do it that way. I’ve found over the years its easiest (maybe not best) to go the traditional route. I’m old and grumpy so I stick w/ easy route these days. And using the ESPN site to track is handy.

Last edited:
I know its a "runner-runner" long shot, but is there any interest in a $20 March Madness pool? If we can get a minimum of 10 players, happy to set up and admin the money. I just need a pool and the people I work w/ are a bunch of sports hating wankers.

My thought is winner take all, unless we can get 20+ entries, then pay additional places depending on how many are in? Can do whatever the popular vote is.

Reply here if interested.
I'm interested!

it should be seed times round
First round1x1
Second 2 x 2
sweet 16 3 x 4
elite 8 x 8
final four x 12
finals x 15

PAYMENT UPDATE (Wed 8:00MT)

PCF NAME
BRACKET NAME
PAYMENT STATUS
1 David OD_A_OReceived (pp)
2 Bluegrass PokerRonTberryReceived (vm)
3 FickieRowlerFickie RReceived (pp)
4 BrandonBrandonReceived (pp)
5 BrandonnujumperReceived (pp)
6 Glynnpushing buttonsReceived (vm)
7 PARADOXPARADOXReceived (pp)
8 SlurpeeSlurpeeeReceived
9 n/a (Slurpeee's daughter)ESPNfan791345Received

10 ApacheApacheReceived (vm)
11 n/a (Slurpee's son)2 DollaReceived (vm)
12 Legend672Legend672Received (pp)
13 LittleLuck55tbdReceived (pp)
14 Grandmas TurkeyImanReceived (vm)
15 Grandmas TurkeyKesley the GirlfriendReceived (vm)
16 Grandmas TurkeySnacks the DogReceived (vm)

Last edited:
I’m in for simple. 1,2,4,8,16, etc. not scoring that takes into account picking seed upsets.

I would just use what you said you were using from the beginning. ESPN scoring. It will be much easier for you.
Yup, not looking to change the rules. Sticking with the simple version stated out front - ESPN site's standard rules. Only mentioned the other formats for sake of conversation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom