Nazi Poker Chips (2 Viewers)

dkersey

Straight
Reaction score
I saw these this afternoon at an antique store. On all the tags was "1945". There was a few more that were blue, and 1 red one. I think they were all priced at 20 or 25.

Legit? Rare?

20170225_154437_1488064841092.jpg

Not rare and not legit in the sense that they are "nazi chips" and are unlikely to have been manufactured in 1945.

But legit in the sense that they are antique chips which likely predate the adoption of the swastika as the symbol of the nazi party. At the time of their manufacture the swastika was merely another piece of iconography like a star or a triangle or one of the many other designs used on these chips.

See this thread for more discussion.

Very interesting thread. Those are definitely the same chips that is in the thread. Maybe a little faded and aged than those in the thread. I agree, not nazi chips, but merely the swastika as it was just a random symbol pre WWII. The antique shop didn't make the nazi claim, I just jumped to that. They do say 1945, and perhaps they could claim them to be even earlier/older than that. Either way, I'm glad I didn't pay 20 bucks for 1 since they are available on eBay for around 5.

Thanks!

I've seen tons of nazi chips on eBay and Craigs. I always assumed they were not rare or at least there wasn't much of a market for them.

hi DK

this is an old question. come up a few times.

the original sign was a good luck sign. Some tard back in the 30's thought it looked cool and used it. stuffed it up for everyone else. do a search on google or the other site. lots of good info about these chips and the sign.

These are Paranoid brand chips and predate WWII. They are not rare or valuable. $20 per chip is crazy talk, maybe $0.25 per chip in bulk.

@jbutler collects Paranoid chips with the fleur de lis and has a massive collection.

I collect these:

And have a starter set of ship's wheel chips (fakes on the left, genuine ones on the right )

Firm what I read in assuming I shouldn't look at this as a good collection

Attachments

• A660B934-EBF9-4D7A-B18B-ED4DFD5B1BB5.jpeg
    A660B934-EBF9-4D7A-B18B-ED4DFD5B1BB5.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 607
Nazis vehemently hated poker as a form of degenerate and corrupt American sub-culture. Josepp Goebels was quite clear about that.
Any swastika-marked chip (if original) can only pre-date Naziism, as a tribute to Indian-Buddhist culture.

45th US Division also had a yellow swastika over red as divisional patch.
The swastika is an ancient American Indian symbol of good luck (as recognition of the great number of Native Americans serving in the 45th Infantry Division). The yellow swastika on a square background of red symbolized the Spanish Heritage of the 4 Southwestern states that made up the membership of the 45th (Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona)
the 45th US Div abandoned the swastika in '39 for the Thunderbird.

Ref. from Arizona memory project :
Those "Nazi chips" are made of a plastic-like material called bakelite, colored blue, red or one tan.
These chips were common poker chips used by Native American tribes. Chips like these have been dated to anywhere from 1907 to 1938 and were manufactured by Native American tribes.

From CT:
0EE5A3E7-4765-464D-A344-29B108B65D5A-729-0000012C359AC901.jpg

7DDBE521-0FFC-4EF1-BF55-B33E13434DBE-729-0000012C425CE4A2.jpg

Not rare at all, I own a light blue swastika chip... I'm probably going to have to sell that here since my girlfriend wants me to burn it.

There’s examples going back to pre Roman Britain (Battersea shield 400 BC) and Ireland (Ogham Stone 100 AD). From memory the swastika represented the sun...
058BB026-5227-4440-BA14-C07722E58F0B.jpeg
0E4EFA17-77D9-46C5-8BB6-4938BA7445A4.jpeg

Interesting topic.
But not worth buying this shit.

You can't even proof if those chips are authentic.
But what I can tell you for sure is that those swastica chips have not been produced in Germany prior than 1945. Never seen something like that before.

Sweet, I can finally get my SS costume waifu poker party going!

Attachments

• 1351396205864.jpg
    1351396205864.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 310
Hello, I am looking to buy some Nazi Poker Chips to put into my museum, (Military City Museum), and I was curious on some good sources. I was looking for appropriate price ranges, possibly a source to buy, and how to tell if authentic.

They are not Nazi chips by any means - these were produced by a US company before WWII, and the swastika was one of dozens of options. I have a light blue swastika chip if you want it (just get it out of my house before my gf realizes I didn't burn it), but based on the info in this thread, it might not be the best exhibit you could put forward.

Is there such a thing as a Nazi poker chip?
Nope
The nazi party only created (rigged) trading cards with the pictures of the Nazi elite. The collector who got them all was entitled to thade them for a Volkswagen.
They also created toys and board games to spread "racial theory".
Never poker chips.

And the cards are not Nazi either

swastika-back.jpg

swastika-1.jpg

swastika-1b.jpg

Swastika design playing cards manufactured by De La Rue & Co., mid-to-late 1920s, featuring the earlier version of the De La Rue Joker as a double-ended jester with a bauble. The swastika is/was a good luck symbol and it appears facing either direction.

What proof do they have they were made in 1945? I would be very skeptical about that since the Nazis had co opted the ancient symbol more than a decade prior and by 1945 most people knew of the atrocities and associated the symbol with it.

As a kid I remember seeing a backward swastika on an American Indian blanket in a museum. I asked what that was all about and it was explained to me. It’s an ancient European and Asian symbol as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Etymology_and_nomenclature

Hello, I am looking to buy some Nazi Poker Chips to put into my museum, (Military City Museum), and I was curious on some good sources. I was looking for appropriate price ranges, possibly a source to buy, and how to tell if authentic.
Not to be an ass here, but I'm going to assume you didn't read this thread at all or else you wouldn't be proposing this. If you did and still proposed to by "nazi" chips that have nothing to with the nazi's then I would possibly have to question the credibility of other artifacts in your museum.

Not to be an ass here, but I'm going to assume you didn't read this thread at all or else you wouldn't be proposing this. If you did and still proposed to by "nazi" chips that have nothing to with the nazi's then I would possibly have to question the credibility of other artifacts in your museum.
My guess is trolling given the above and his join/last seen times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom