Native Lights Secondary Silent/Blind Auction (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, that was exciting. The bids were flying in during the last hour. In the last half hour alone. 3 people got bumped off the top 7 list on the cash sets and 2 people got bumped from the tournament sets. Including rebids, there were 49 bids on the Tournament sets and 56 bids on the Cash sets. There was one person who rebid 5 times.

Clearing prices:

Cash Sets (7) - $1700
There was a tie at $1700, but they were for the 6th and 7th places, so no tie breaker.
Tournament Sets (5) - $1651

There were 3 people who won 1 cash and 1 tournament set

We will be sending out invoices in the morning to the winning bidders for their sets and shipping.

Thanks to everyone for participating! It was a lot of fun.

Jim

200 fives x $2 = 400
200 twentyfives x $2 = 400
140 hundos x $2.50 = 350
60 fivehundos x $9 = 540

$1690

All individual prices are pure conjecture.

And if any of the 3 regret winning 2 sets, I will take one for a small premium.

Fat chance I know but worth a try.

Ps. Guilty with the rebids

I know what I was willing to bid if I was in the market for one of these sets so it's interesting to see what the winning bids actually are. I thought it was a little on the low side but it looks like I would've won a set lol.

My tournament bid - was placed - 5:50 PM using wi fi while in flight to NYC - it never went out. So it goes.

I know a great Paulson set for sales if anyone is sad for missing out on this sale :)

Wow, I was the clearing price on the tournament set! WOOHOO :)

I am very surprised the cash set went for more than the tournament set???

200 fives x $2 = 400
200 twentyfives x $2 = 400
140 hundos x $2.50 = 350
60 fivehundos x $9 = 540

$1690

All individual prices are pure conjecture.

I priced it:

200 x 5 @ $2 = $400
200 x 25 @ $2 = $400
140 x 100 @ $3.50 = $490
60 x 500 @ $6 = $360

Total: $1650, but I threw a $1 on there in case others bid 1650 ;)

Last edited:
Wow, I was the clearing price on the tournament set! WOOHOO :)

I am very surprised the tournament set went for more than the cash set???

I priced it:

200 x 5 @ $2 = $400
200 x 25 @ $2 = $400
140 x 100 @ $3.50 = $490
60 x 500 @ $6 = $360

Total: $1650, but I threw a $1 on there in case others bid 1650 ;)

I thought Cash went for more ($1700) than tourney ($1651) unless I read it incorrectly.

Wow! I missed out by a few $ I was going to increase my bid and got busy at work.

On the bright side I don't have to try to explain to my wife what I just did.

That's my issue right now... lol.. nope, she won't know, that's much easier!

Nice price for nice chips. I think there has been mixed feedback for this method (as there pretty much has been and will be for any method) but I am a fan for limited size sets like this.

Dannng I'm glad I got my Tonkawas for the price I got them now :)

Nice price for nice chips. I think there has been mixed feedback for this method (as there pretty much has been and will be for any method) but I am a fan for limited size sets like this.
For anyone who would have been determined to build a tournament set, they made out well unless they would have managed to win the opening bell race of previous CR sales. I assume the quantity of $500s is the same as the primary (400) and the lightly used primaries went for north of $17/per after the sale. Factoring in what those determined would have spent on the secondary market they likely got their $5s and $25s for a buck each in this format.

Wish I’d just bid the $1700. Never felt so annoyed at missing out on chips.

Glad I changed my bid a few hours before closing. Turns out $1700 was the magic number! So excited !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom