Name of your game (1 Viewer)

We call our room "The Grindstone Lounge". Working on getting a custom set of ceramics done.
IMG_1475.jpg

Mine's called Brady's Pub. Former homeowner was named Brady, and he put in an english pub style bar in the basement where we play now. Never took the sticker off the mirror haha.
F39B8E7A-B512-4240-8B67-D8044F2B8AFC.jpeg

(Yes - it’s also a home office during pandemic)

I live on Acres St., and we play a rinky-dink 5¢/10¢ game around my kitchen table or at a folding poker table in the living room if I expect more than 6. My wife and I came up with “The Acres” as a funny attempt to make it sound distinguished. Then I thought “Cardroom and Donkey Rescue” added to the humor.
1609268136301.jpeg

We don’t have any name. But we often referred to my original crew from the early 2000s as the “Wack Pack” (and I believe we coined that before Howard Stern ;) ) . We had our core group of close friends and several regulars associated with those core 4-5 players. Most were a extremely wild and loose players. A bunch of them had something bizzare or off about them and they had a ton of nicknames - some of the names were - Dark horse, Lobster Boy (he had very short arms), Scuba Steve, Who Farted, Buttever, Drunk Jeff, Stoner Jeff, Drunk Jeremy, River Ron, Big Weave, The Fleecer, Fucking AL (said with a tone of annoyance) etc.

The game got nuts when no limit became acceptable for cash often with a few thousand in play. It slowly broke up over the course of a few years when people started losing large sums of money

We are the North Texas Poker Group.

I like the idea of naming tournaments! We have names for some, but honestly I hadn't thought of it for all of them.

Mike Davis Memorial Tournament (named after a player who died who really helped our group in the early days)
Main Event (borrowed from the WSOP -- our big tournament of the year with 2x buy-in)
Military & First Responders Night (in May to honor veterans, fire & police service folks who died in the line of duty)
Kevin Moore Memorial Tournament (named after a player who died last year who contributed significantly to our group)
College Night
Hang-a-Pyrate Night (our big social event of the year -- bonus for dressing like a pirate)

Now that I've seen some of your ideas, I'll be coming up with more names.

Mine is the Midnight Jazz Club

Weekly quarters game that is running for years.
All pot smoking and/or growing guys....

My poker room is under construction atm...new pictures before spring (I hope)

Have 2 more themes in the pipeline

- The Derby Club -> bunch of degens loving to race many hands (chips bought & artwork done)
- The Clatty Basturts -> fun theme with cartoon-esk artwork (in early stage)

Hoyle Book Club

I chose that because (a) I live on a road by that name, (b) Hoyle is a word associated with gambling, (c) I wanted a Facebook group name that wasn’t explicitly about poker, and (d) “book” has a double meaning in this context—though I extend zero credit to players. Show up with enough cash to last you through the night [note: what she said]

My roommate's dog Taco barged in and flipped over our table one night. We named the game Taco's Table and he hasn't done it again since. Also been trying to think of a good tie-in/special we could do for Taco Tuesdays when our game falls on Tuesday nights, open to suggestions.

My roommate's dog Taco barged in and flipped over our table one night. We named the game Taco's Table and he hasn't done it again since. Also been trying to think of a good tie-in/special we could do for Taco Tuesdays when our game falls on Tuesday nights, open to suggestions.
Set up a bad beat jackpot ....... Winner of the bad beat gets a $100 gift card to Taco Bell?

You could do a Taco’s Table, Chips and Chips Fiesta. fries (for you Brits), tortilla chips and a good time.

My home is not a normal single family home. It is a duplex with a studio apartment upstairs. As the kids were growing up we just put the oldest kid up there. Now that the kids are grown, the studio apartment became the poker man cave. Everyone that plays started calling it "The Studio". So I had @BR Pro Poker make me semi custom ceramics to go with it.

These chips are the best purchase I have made for The Studio. Even better than the hot dog roller and the nacho cheese dispenser, and that is coming from a fat guy who values his food :)
I dunno a hotdog roller and nacho cheese dispenser sounds pretty amazing to me =)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom