N00b working on a Starburst set (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi All -

I'm working on putting together a Paulson Starburst set and I'm trying to get a feel for what is a reasonable price per chip I should look to be paying. I've found a couple of auctions on eBay for racks of varying colors - but the prices varied wildly. Any help is appreciated. Here are the 77 pink ones I just acquired!

Attachments

• pinkstarburst.jpg
    pinkstarburst.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 132
Those pinks are hot!

Honestly, the prices vary quite a bit here as well. Condition and rarity of the color(s) are the biggest factors obviously, with yellow, arc yellow, blaze colors, and so on going for more than a regular red, black, blue, white, etc. I would say just take your time browsing and using the search function and you will end up with a general sense of relative pricing.

the only listings on eBay right now work out to ~$5/chip for green and red, and $9+/chip (!!!) for grey, which all seems ridiculous.

I have found a lot of them at $1 a chip, which is reasonable. What's your eventual breakdown going to look like?

Great question! Not sure yet, I've just been picking them up as I find them at a reasonable cost. I do know I love the pink, blue, grey, orange and yellow. So far I've been able to accumulate 100 each of pink, blue, green and red. I've found ~20 each of orange and yellow. and I have an assortment of another ~100 chips of varying colors (e.g. peach, purple, brown, white, etc.)

I’d second the pricing info above. I’ve been working on a Starburst set for around two months now (traditional Vegas colors). It’s going to take time but it can definitely be done!

So I was able to find someone with 380+ Starbursts who hadn't listed them all on eBay quite yet. He was selling them all individually at $3.00 per listing, but agreed to sell all of them to me for $1.85 per chip. They're all in great condition with sharp edges, some need some cleaning, varying colors. I snapped them up because I thought that was an OK price particularly with such a large quantity.

I’d second the pricing info above. I’ve been working on a Starburst set for around two months now (traditional Vegas colors). It’s going to take time but it can definitely be done!
Thanks! Maybe once I get these shipped to me we could sync up and potentially swap for needed colors, if any.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom