My WTHC dilemma. Grow or sell?? (1 Viewer)

RivieraDanny

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My focus has developed to 4 specific sets and I’m rejecting the urge to start another!

While I love the WTHC’s a lot it’s not really 100% in my focus group and very expensive to add to. I know there’s others who would enjoy adding them to their set.

Damn.

As John Quiñones would ask.......​

“What would you do?”

I let my set go. Was hard, some regrets but overall feel it was a good decision. Good luck!

What are the other 4 or 3 sets?
HSI’s for the every day worker
Martini clubs and Nevada jack clays for occasional play and a shitload of dunes China clays to abuse ! Lol.
recently sold off the majority of the odds and ends and abandoned builds. Only thing left to do is a personalized set but that’s a buy from David at CPC which is in the beginning stages. Then I’ll be in heavenly balance. IMHO David’s chips are every bit as good as the biblically rated Paulsons so I’m good!

These chips are always in demand, so will be able to be sold at any time. If you predict you will not have the opportunity, the funds, or the patience needed to complete the set to your own goals, and they have no collectible or curiosity value to you, then sell. If not, then be prepared to play the long game.

At one point, I had no idea if I would be able to start with my CDI collection, but 3 years later I am very close to my goal. The journey has been worth it, in the people I've met and chatted with on the forum, alone.

HSI’s for the every day worker
Martini clubs and Nevada jack clays for occasional play and a shitload of dunes China clays to abuse ! Lol.
recently sold off the majority of the odds and ends and abandoned builds. Only thing left to do is a personalized set but that’s a buy from David at CPC which is in the beginning stages. Then I’ll be in heavenly balance. IMHO David’s chips are every bit as good as the biblically rated Paulsons so I’m good!
I love the martini clubs, i think they are pretty special imo. Good choices there, i did the same, trying to focus on 3 sets and sold everythingelse. Didnt like the cpc for a long time, but now i have seen some very nice sets as the story hill for example. I just got my mold and color samples, must admitt they look better in person than on pictures

You should sell. I’ve always said to people that you should only collect what truly “speaks” to you. My opinion is that if your on the fence about any particular set, it’s just not worth keeping.

When you consider the time and money one usually invests in building a set, why wouldn’t you build something you knew you loved? I’ve only purchased one set that I thought it would be good to have just to have, it’s also the only set I’ve ever sold. Take it for what it’s worth.

Best wishes with your decision.

I started out here looking for WTHC 1s. Then discovered mixed cash sets observing others pr0n and custom cpc's. There was a time when I held a very large position in WTHC minty chips. But they were never gonna see the felt compared to mixed sets I put together. So I sold them off (mostly) to several individuals who I knew would appreciate them.

If it was me, I would not sell until you find out what you really like next. GL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom