My Viking set draft. (1 Viewer)

Gunnar

Flush
Reaction score
So for many many years I wanted to create a viking theme set. To be honest this is a hard set to design to both have it cool and classic. I have made several design attempts before and never been happy with it until now I think I'm getting close. This set is quite expensive but when creating a set that will be my main set for years I decided to make it as cool as possible. I also accept that it will take some time to finish the set as I will probably order in parts to spread the cost. This is a cash set in Krónur 100kr = 1$

So the 500 chip is ready and a small batch is ordered for my meetup this year. So that design is final both chip and inlay. Other are work in progress and inlay colors to be decided.

The fruit of my enemies. - 25 Krónur

Everything starts small, Insult turns to fight, fight to battle and the battle to war. So every step you make is step you have think about what is in it for me ? The colors on this one wore hard, I mean it is not vikingy to go with a bright green or pink for the lowest denom. On the other hand peach was a popular war spoil for vikings as it was a fruit not to be found at home. So when you sit eating your peach, look at the sky and it starts to get darker as night is coming ( blue and blue ) That is were you make the decision to go to war.

Fruitofwar - Copy.png

The march into blackout - 100 Krónur

You start running, weapons clashing, horns blowing and screams fill the night. This march can go for days, the adrenaline pulls you into a blackout ( black ) You don´t know and don't really care if the sun is coming up ( yellow ) or if it is coming down ( pink ) There is no turning back and the next thing that happens might be your last.

TheBlackout - Copy.png

Berzerk and bloddy - 500 Krónur

When we see blood ( Red ) we react differently, vikings go Berzerk. To kill or be killed. The grass is green ( Green ) and death is near ( Black ) You don´t know if you are going to Valhalla ( White ) or if you head back for sea ( Blue )

Berzerk.png

The swim for greatness - 1000 Krónur

It does not matter if you won or fled. Those who don't die by swords and arrows can still drown ( Dark blue )
You find your self in the water ( Blue ) There are flames around you ( Orange ) You need to get to a ship.

TheSwim.png

The Knorr of wealth - 10.000 krónur

This is bank chip. Nothing said more wealth than having your own ship and the Knorr was the biggest of them ( Brown )
You don't own a ship without gold ( Yellow ) and you don't keep a ship without seeing some death ( black ). When you own your own fleet you are rich, you have clothes that are dyed with purple to make you royal ( Purple ) and your wine makes you happy ( Pink )

Knorrofwealth - Copy.png

All together -
Berzerk Island.png

Do you have a color sample set?

The 10'000 could get too dark in total, which would be a shame for such a high value chip. Light Chocolate appears much brighter on screen than it really is. Consider Butterscotch. Looks really bright on screen but its actual look comes close to what Light Chocolate looks on my own screen. In addition, I'd suggest swapping the Canary spot with DG Yellow and the Pink spot with DG Pink. The regular pink is really dark/muddy and has fairly low contrast against the Lavender.

For the 500, I'd suggest swapping the positions of the Bright White and DG Peacock spots (or alternatively Black and DG Green, doesn't matter). Balances out the placement of the DG color spots around the edge.

You will want to turn on a blacklight at some point... and that's when your chips will really shine with those changes.

Do you have a color sample set?

The 10'000 could get too dark in total, which would be a shame for such a high value chip. Light Chocolate appears much brighter on screen than it really is. Consider Butterscotch. Looks really bright on screen but its actual look comes close to what Light Chocolate looks on my own screen. In addition, I'd suggest swapping the Canary spot with DG Yellow and the Pink spot with DG Pink. The regular pink is really dark/muddy and has fairly low contrast against the Lavender.

For the 500, I'd suggest swapping the positions of the Bright White and DG Peacock spots (or alternatively Black and DG Green, doesn't matter). Balances out the placement of the DG color spots around the edge.

You will want to turn on a blacklight at some point... and that's when your chips will really shine with those changes.
I don't have color sample set but I have a lot of samples. I have a light chocolate half pie chips and I have the black cat 13. I like both versions. But this is a food for thought. I love your sets I will think about changing the spot coulor but I don't want to use the same pink twice.

You should absolutely get a recent color sample set. Your samples could be old and not represent all the colors you'd get when you placed an order now accurately. Just recently noticed this in another thread where someone advised against mixing Pink and DG Pink because they were too similar - turns out the Pink of their (old) sample chips was much brighter than it is in my (newer) color sample set.

You should absolutely get a recent color sample set. Your samples could be old and not represent all the colors you'd get when you placed an order now accurately. Just recently noticed this in another thread where someone advised against mixing Pink and DG Pink because they were too similar - turns out the Pink of their (old) sample chips was much brighter than it is in my (newer) color sample set.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/attachments/img_5120-jpg.79667/

This is a chip I love

Yeah I will get samples before I order more

Stellar set!
Maybe the 10,000 chip is too busy IMO, but maybe you intend it to be so

Cool set, plus the Viking theme is awesome.
I can help but think that the wealth chip should be brighter though, since it’s effectively a treasure chip.

I’m somewhat addicted to design tool, so I played around with yours.

I like @Nex suggestion for the butterscotch base (although it makes it similar to the peach chip, which I changed to dg arc yellow). You could make the wealth chip somewhat similar to @Ronohs excellent gold coin chip.
AD841E70-B914-4D6F-B681-3B5D5AA88AA7.jpeg

The Knorr of wealth - 10.000 krónur

This is bank chip. Nothing said more wealth than having your own ship and the Knorr was the biggest of them ( Brown )
You don't own a ship without gold ( Yellow ) and you don't keep a ship without seeing some death ( black ). When you own your own fleet you are rich, you have clothes that are dyed with purple to make you royal ( Purple ) and your wine makes you happy ( Pink )

View attachment 178500

I think the 10,000 will be the most interesting chip of the set. It's busy, but not too busy. I like it's colors a lot.

Well here is a test, thinking if I should color match the boat or not
Unknown.png

Would leave the boat color as-is. If you color-matched it, the thick blue border ring would be kind of an alien on the inlay.
Alternative would be color-matching the boat and making the border ring white instead. (The 100kr could actually profit from this.)

Would leave the boat color as-is. If you color-matched it, the thick blue border ring would be kind of an alien on the inlay.
Alternative would be color-matching the boat and making the border ring white instead. (The 100kr could actually profit from this.)
Well the sea is blue so it makes sense. Maybe I'm overthinking something that does nothing for the set

Attachments

• TEST10-06.png
    TEST10-06.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 97
  • TEST10-07.png
    TEST10-07.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 123
  • TEST10-02.png
    TEST10-02.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 107
  • TEST10-01.png
    TEST10-01.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 125
I test printed 60 chips for my meetup. I like the but sadly no error chips
20181017_163755.jpg

Reactions: Nex
I pro tip for th design tool... use the background color that bes5 matches your table’s felt. That way you’ll get a feel for what colors will blend in, which will stand out on the mockups.

I pro tip for th design tool... use the background color that bes5 matches your table’s felt. That way you’ll get a feel for what colors will blend in, which will stand out on the mockups.
I have three tables with different colours ;)

But true I should we be mostly used by black and red felts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom