My Vegas TR - 2nd Time Evah... (1 Viewer)

Where is Ellis Island? Is it part of NY NY? Ill be out there in late Feb, and sounds like Ill need to add this to the itinerary.

It's a block off the strip, located directly behind Bally's.

When are you there? I'll be out there with my wife Feb 26-29, and will be following NiceShot's lead by getting the wife a nice spa session (or I'll play cards after she goes to sleep) :sneaky:

It's a block off the strip, located directly behind Bally's.

When are you there? I'll be out there with my wife Feb 26-29, and will be following NiceShot's lead by getting the wife a nice spa session (or I'll play cards after she goes to sleep) :sneaky:

haven't booked yet, but there for a conference 2/28-3/2. Ill probably come in a few days early, so we should overlap. Pretty sure I will be at the Mirage.

Ellis Island is on Koval behind Bally's. A bit of a hike from Mirage, maybe take the harrah's monorail stop to bally's stop.
upload_2016-1-15_10-59-8.png

I've made the Mirage-Ellis walk in the heat of summer before. If the weather is nice, it's not too bad of a stroll.

I've made the Mirage-Ellis walk in the heat of summer before. If the weather is nice, it's not too bad of a stroll.

I'd definitely go during the day. My wife and I walked past Bally's and there were bushes lining the sidewalk. We had two spots where panhandlers popped out of the bushes trying to hit us up for cash. Nothing violent about it, but it just makes you uncomfortable.

This was 3 or 4 years ago, so I'm not sure this issue still exists.

It still exists. Bushes provide shade. Panhandlers are... well panhandlers. I've also made the walk past Ballys to Ellis many times at night - fewer panhandlers at night, but I still wouldn't take a large roll with me. Heck, it's Ellis Island - why would you even want to carry more than a C-note or two?

Tip from a native Detroiter: $20 in wallet for robbing money, remainder in pockets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom