My second ever post here and my first set of chips for the office! (1 Viewer)

wmcstudios

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of Claysmith "The Mint" chips from Apache. I'm getting excited for the (hopefully soon) end of Covid and a return of pizza, poker and football nights with some friends. I'd love to own a set of Paulson Elite's someday, but for now this should get us started at the office. :cool

Photos attached - the office game setup, my new set of chips and an antique J. E. Stevens Treasure-Safe Bank where we stash the buy-ins!

Attachments

• IMG_8713.jpg
    IMG_8713.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_8709.jpg
    IMG_8709.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8696.jpg
    IMG_8696.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_8694.jpg
    IMG_8694.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8693.jpg
    IMG_8693.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_8691.jpg
    IMG_8691.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_8670.jpg
    IMG_8670.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 303
Awesome setup you've got there! You must be / must have a pretty decent boss to allow that sort of degeneracy within the office!

Awesome setup you've got there! You must be / must have a pretty decent boss to allow that sort of degeneracy within the office!
Thanks!! I am the boss! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Just hit 10 years of being in business this year and hired our first full-time marketing coordinator. I am looking forward to creating at least 3-4 more livelihoods this year. I loosely embrace the title of "boss" though... I'm the primary producer... I need to hire people to keep me on track.

Awesome! Congratulations, looks like your off to a great start! Hope to see you be able to play soon!!
Thanks!! Me too... I miss connecting with people. I was good for a while but the lockdowns are starting to really give me cabin fever.

Nice 1st purchase. Tourney or Cash? what breakdown did you go with?
Thanks! I opted for a middle-of-the-road setup. Sometimes we play tournament style, sometimes cash. I went heavy on the 1/5/25's for cash games and split the second case with 25/100/500/1000/10000 for tournaments. Breakdown as follows:

$1 - x400
$5 - x400
$25 - x400
$100 - x200
$500 - x200
$1000 - x200
$10000 - x200

Thanks! I opted for a middle-of-the-road setup. Sometimes we play tournament style, sometimes cash. I went heavy on the 1/5/25's for cash games and split the second case with 25/100/500/1000/10000 for tournaments. Breakdown as follows:

$1 - x400
$5 - x400
$25 - x400
$100 - x200
$500 - x200
$1000 - x200
$10000 - x200
10ks. Nice

Thanks!! I am the boss! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Just hit 10 years of being in business this year and hired our first full-time marketing coordinator. I am looking forward to creating at least 3-4 more livelihoods this year. I loosely embrace the title of "boss" though... I'm the primary producer... I need to hire people to keep me on track.

Thanks!! Me too... I miss connecting with people. I was good for a while but the lockdowns are starting to really give me cabin fever.
Congrats, dude! I'm in the same industry as you, and 10 years running an agency is one helluva'n achievement. Look forward to seeing more of your posts here.

Congrats, dude! I'm in the same industry as you, and 10 years running an agency is one helluva'n achievement. Look forward to seeing more of your posts here.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words and I look forward to getting started here too! I didn't know this was as big/active a community when I signed up - I was just looking for a good resource for paulsons to start with. The poker bug bit me again after a few years away from any kind of active play. It has certainly been a challenge to get to 10 years... the first five were learning what the f*ck business was in general and then applying it to my design/development knowledge... then finally expanding our revenue enough to pay for people's jobs (not quite taking in the amount of pay for myself that I'd like to yet... but going up from here). Most people don't see the first 5-7 years of poverty, struggle, 100 hour weeks and ongoing education it takes to just get yourself to the platform of an average salary again. It's no joke! But very grateful for the kind words and for being able to get myself and my team/contractors here.

Love your set up. I just hosted my first cash game of holdem in 15 years. Had a blast. Bought some Monte Carlo chips and I love them. So now I’m hooked on chips which is why I am here

Congrats on your agency (and chips)! Your studio looks awesome. I hope you will be able to fill that space quickly.

I'm also in a related space and work with a lot of tech incubators / bootcamps. If you ever need talent, I can help you make some connections.

Love your set up. I just hosted my first cash game of holdem in 15 years. Had a blast. Bought some Monte Carlo chips and I love them. So now I’m hooked on chips which is why I am here
Thank you! That's awesome - I hope you had fun! I got bit by the bug in much the same fashion recently. And joined for the same reason. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I'm hoping after lockdowns are relaxed that poker makes a comeback in a big way... it's a great excuse to connect and sit with people. Something we all need more of after all this.

Congratulations on everything. I mean that.
Thank you - that truly means a lot. It's been a real uphill battle... a lot of people don't see the struggle, they just see the end-result and think "lucky bastard" or something like that. I was broke for the first 5 years because it all went right back into equipment or licensing. The next 4 years after that, I was dumping everything (time and money both) into better equipment, licensing, business education, marketing education, partnership licensing for various technology platforms and more. Then last year finally I started paying myself like $20k/year and this year I upped it to an average salary finally @ $54k. From this point... we build clients, build team members, and hopefully I can build a full-fledged business-owner salary and afford to support more than just my family and community, then build a solid bankroll to get back into my newly rediscovered old Hold 'Em hobby. :)

Most people don't know what it's like to have to build a quarter million in revenue from scratch only to pay yourself ~$24/hr. :oops::vomit:

Congrats on your agency (and chips)! Your studio looks awesome. I hope you will be able to fill that space quickly.

I'm also in a related space and work with a lot of tech incubators / bootcamps. If you ever need talent, I can help you make some connections.
Thank you!! I'll make another photo-gallery thread of the studio at some point - it's a huge source of pride for me, having built this with no support, (almost) no debt and with a really solid code of ethics and values. I can use all the talent and introductions I can get!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom